• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe

Smash Master
So I figured I'd advertise a bit in the PM boards. Kirk and I are hosting another PM/melee tourney over in Chicago and we're going to try streaming this time. So tune in this saturday to see some good matches in both PM and melee. At our tourneys we usually get Metroid, Rat, Kels, Kirk and others so there's always some good matches and we tend to play some interesting characters like Bowser and Charizard.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirkiusprime

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
reminds me of the time i used a PS2 controller to play melee. all those perfect wavedashes.

:phone:
F'real, the shoulder buttons on the GC controller are silly. Light shielding was just an incidental positive. Who thought that was a good idea and how long did it take for them to be fired?

When I play Sonic I set my B button to Win.
All buttons are automatically set to Win when you play Lucario. Tr00f.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Good, there's no need to nerf Fox or Falco, no need at all
Strongly disagree with you there. They're not gonna do it anyway though, so you've got nothing to worry about. Hell, even if the PMBR WANTED to nerf them, you'd still have nothing to worry about. It's not like they don't know what they're doing. They did fine with nerfing Sheik and changing her d-throw and she's still super good.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Strongly disagree with you there. They're not gonna do it anyway though, so you've got nothing to worry about. Hell, even if the PMBR WANTED to nerf them, you'd still have nothing to worry about. It's not like they don't know what they're doing. They did fine with nerfing Sheik and changing her d-throw and she's still super good.

I thought that was just to emphasize her other tools to make her gameplay more varied?

iLink

Smash Champion
Is there anyone willing to record a few matches for me? My current setup keeps messing up the framerate really bad. I have them saved with the wifi safe codeset.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I still haven't played 2.5b.

Edit: -Entering a name already on the list will just take you to the existing name rather than doing nothing; works both on the CSS and Name Entry

This sounds sick.

JOE!

Smash Hero
  • Falco: Shine and lasers
  • Jiggs: Side aerials (mostly bair)
  • ICs: Grab
  • DK: Bair and grab
  • Bowser: Fortress (maybe, not sure)
  • DDD: Grab
  • Sonic: Spindash
  • Zard: Grab and dsmash (moreso in 2.1, however)*
I wonder what could be done to make these characters less centralized around these moves/strategies (grabs) while keeping their overall style in-tact?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I wonder what could be done to make these characters less centralized around these moves/strategies (grabs) while keeping their overall style in-tact?
Add two extra frames to the move to **** with'em, it works better when the move has a lot of its uses off stage and makes you SD when you don't have full control of it.

Mindnight64

Smash Rookie
Based on most of the posts I've read on here, it sounds like the majority of you use the GC controller. Me, I use the Wii controller+nunchuck for the sheik design, plus I can move my hands away from each other if I need to stretch. I can understand how the GC controller would be better for hardcore brawls (having more buttons), but I'm not super hardcore.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I got it, but I hate Ike so I was content.

CARROLL! IKE ME UP BRO

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Maybe the PMBR can come up with something for donation incentives? =P
Why would the PMBR care about not-Project M getting into EVO? Part of the PMBR make up members of the Melee community, and they're already working toward making things happen. I'd rather incentivize people to play Project M over Melee...

Based on most of the posts I've read on here, it sounds like the majority of you use the GC controller. Me, I use the Wii controller+nunchuck for the sheik design, plus I can move my hands away from each other if I need to stretch. I can understand how the GC controller would be better for hardcore brawls (having more buttons), but I'm not super hardcore.
It's all about personal preference. You get can used to tech skill just as well on Wiimote+Nunchuck controller. A majority of people use the GameCube controller because they're used to it after playing Melee.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Why would the PMBR care about not-Project M getting into EVO?
Because it benefits everyone, even just plain vBrawl players, if smash gets more attention.
Remember that players unfamiliar with a series, like smash, group the games together because they don't know anything about them. If they're thinking more about smash, because Melee had an EVO showing, they're also thinking more about Brawl/Project:M and possibly smash64 as well. If anything, any new players melee picks up for smash at EVO will migrate here due to the general desire to play up-to-date games that a lot of players have and because the two are so similar, and Project:M's accessibility will make that a reality.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
reflex we've already had one person who noticed Melee's success in the donation drive and decided to play Project:M as a result. :p

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
and he posts in this thread regularly, and he's a pretty kawaii guy. :V

that being said, everyone should join scar's attempt at another donation drive.

melee has GOT to win this!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Exactly, this is about smash as it's core! If we win, it will mean that smash in general will get recognized and become exposed in the FGC. Think for the future!

RedGamer

Smash Ace
so...I can't donate and my facebook is acting stupid, however I'd like to wish everybody luck in the drive.

also I'm trying to find San Antonio Project: M players.
would that go under "project m social," or "regional zones?"

Oracle

Smash Master
Talk to the san antonio melee players. I know nike plays some, there might be more. Regional zones-> san antonio melee thread would probably be your best bet, but you could also just make a thread on your own. We play a bunch in dfw so you should come visit :)

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
so...I can't donate and my facebook is acting stupid, however I'd like to wish everybody luck in the drive.

also I'm trying to find San Antonio Project: M players.
would that go under "project m social," or "regional zones?"
If you can't donate because you don't have a credit card, message Redact and send him money via paypal. He's taking paypal donations and donating them for people without credit cards. :D

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Why would the PMBR care about not-Project M getting into EVO? Part of the PMBR make up members of the Melee community, and they're already working toward making things happen. I'd rather incentivize people to play Project M over Melee...
Besides the reasons that have been stated by others (what's good for Melee is good for all of Smash), Project M is basically (officially and unofficially mentioned by the PMBR) Melee 2.0. It's the love for that game and it's deep mechanics that sparked PM in the first place. Of course it has evolved into something much more than that (including many Brawl mechanics as well), but most of us still play Melee. Besides that, a lot of what has been transferred from PM to Melee is a result of trying to appeal to the veteran players, so of course the PMBR cares about Melee. Hell, if Melee gets into Evo, why can't PM be a side event sometime in the future?

Slashy

Smash Lord
Besides the reasons that have been stated by others (what's good for Melee is good for all of Smash), Project M is basically (officially and unofficially mentioned by the PMBR) Melee 2.0. It's the love for that game and it's deep mechanics that sparked PM in the first place. Of course it has evolved into something much more than that (including many Brawl mechanics as well), but most of us still play Melee. Besides that, a lot of what has been transferred from PM to Melee is a result of trying to appeal to the veteran players, so of course the PMBR cares about Melee. Hell, if Melee gets into Evo, why can't PM be a side event sometime in the future?
I think the first priority is proving that the Smash community is still alive and should be taken seriously, then next year prove that the Melee players can move beyond Melee and that modded games can actually be of high quality. I think once Smash Bros. is once again recognized in the eyes of the fighting game general and Project:M is completed, then we should move to having Project:M replace Melee.

I don't know why if Melee wins this year that we couldn't work to get Project:M at EVO next year, or even have a side tournament for it at the indie gaming showcase.

I noticed a problem that is somewhat minor, but should be fixed if possible.

Setting Right Stick/C-Stick to Attack it performs up/down smashes instead of tilts.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I think EVO might have problems with PM being a mod and their sponsors not liking it; similar to APEX2013. Of course, PM isn't even up as an option at EVO this year but could be suggested for next year's EVO.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I think EVO might have problems with PM being a mod and their sponsors not liking it; similar to APEX2013. Of course, PM isn't even up as an option at EVO this year but could be suggested for next year's EVO.
What happened with APEX?
I remember last year they were scared of pissing off Nintendo since they were supposed to be there and in the end no one from Nintendo showed up.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I don't think a mod is any worse than a fangame. Did people forget that Fighting is Magic is still going to be featured at EVO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom