• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Ok, I have a question. I'm trying to merge my existing music collection with the new tunes in Demo 2.5, and I want to make sure all of the titles, both in My Music and the ones that display when the match starts, are accurate. I'm looking for the changes that the team made to info.pac (specifically in MiscBin[140]), but it doesn't look like they changed anything title-related.

Am I missing something, here? Were none of the titles changed? Or am I just looking in the wrong place (to be honest, I haven't done title hacking in, like, a year or two)?

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Whew, ok, so I'm not going crazy. Well, I'm doing that right now, Revven. Do you just want me to send you my title files when I'm done?

Revven

FrankerZ
Whew, ok, so I'm not going crazy. Well, I'm doing that right now, Revven. Do you just want me to send you my title files when I'm done?
Thanks for the offer but I believe we have the titles in some other file somewhere else. It's just we forgot to apply them when... merging and checking and... what not.

But the thought is very appreciative! :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
At the top of the riivolution menu, it says Page 1, and there's 2 arrows next to that text, if you scroll up and hit one of the arrows, it goes to page 2
What version of Riivolution do you have, I don't have that lol I'm confused

If you have the new XML, completely replace brawlmods/etc, you should only have brawl loader 2.9. Do you run it through homebrew or as a standalone channel? I got rid of my standalone channel because it was acting wonky.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
What version of Riivolution do you have, I don't have that lol I'm confused

If you have the new XML, completely replace brawlmods/etc, you should only have brawl loader 2.9. Do you run it through homebrew or as a standalone channel? I got rid of my standalone channel because it was acting wonky.
I have Riivo version 1.04 and that was in every version of Riivo, I just think it only shows when you actually have a 2nd page

I do have the new xml, ONLY that xml, and there are still 2 pages for xmls when I load Riivo up as I've said, the 2.6 mod launcher is still there

Also I run Riivo through homebrew

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah must only be if you have more than 1.

Make sure you don't have a stray XML I guess. Check for more than 1, because it shouldn't show more than 1. When I copied my stuff over, I had to completely erase my smashmods/etc files it wouldn't just copy over them for whatever reason. Maybe that's the issue.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Yeah must only be if you have more than 1.

Make sure you don't have a stray XML I guess. Check for more than 1, because it shouldn't show more than 1. When I copied my stuff over, I had to completely erase my smashmods/etc files it wouldn't just copy over them for whatever reason. Maybe that's the issue.
I checked, there's only that 1 new xml, I also formatted my SD card, but it's still the same

I mean I can post up a video if no one believes me lol got a fancy new phone to do it with

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well then that's odd. No XML on the root, no XML secretly in homebrew apps? Made sure the XML is the new one (new one is smaller iirc). Dunno what else to do or look for if that's all not the case.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Well then that's odd. No XML on the root, no XML secretly in homebrew apps? Made sure the XML is the new one (new one is smaller iirc)
Nope, it sucks because I can't have a Bowser vs Bowser match, the game just refuses to load the stage, it doesn't freeze, and 1 click of the power button turns it off so I think it's just failing to read any other Bowser files besides fitkoopa00.pac/.pcs

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You've gotta have the old XML still secretly on there somewhere, or maybe in the wrong place. Maybe the full set is different, I'll download it in a sec and see if it doesn't work. Using the wifi safe one so far is flawless, but I don't have any custom textures or music. Will your game work without the textures?

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Could you ledgecancel falcons and ganons taunts in 2.1? Because it's making my day in 2.5, just hearing ganon cackle the whole match. Much thanks for this.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
So I just want to point out that the problem I'm having only happens with Bowser, it just refuses to load another texture for him

You've gotta have the old XML still secretly on there somewhere, or maybe in the wrong place. Maybe the full set is different, I'll download it in a sec and see if it doesn't work. Using the wifi safe one so far is flawless, but I don't have any custom textures or music. Will your game work without the textures?
I found it lol, it was in a hidden folder for whatever reason

But it still didn't fix the problem, I don't think it's a problem with the codeset, but I wonder if it matters that I deleted the file patch code from the .gct, since well I think you're supposed to do that right?

And yea I have the full set

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You need the gct file regardless of what set you have. The 2 different sets just have minor differences in gct so that 1 works well for wifi and the other is more solid offline (offline gct is a bit larger/has more in it iirc). Put the new one in, whatever one came with your download make sure it's in. Deleting the old one shouldn't have an impact.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
You need the gct file regardless of what set you have. The 2 different sets just have minor differences in gct so that 1 works well for wifi and the other is more solid offline (offline gct is a bit larger/has more in it iirc). Put the new one in, whatever one came with your download make sure it's in. Deleting the old one shouldn't have an impact.
I still have the gct file in there lol, I just took the file patch code out of it, I'll just use the original gct gimme a minute

Phantasmagorical

Smash Cadet
Could you ledgecancel falcons and ganons taunts in 2.1? Because it's making my day in 2.5, just hearing ganon cackle the whole match. Much thanks for this.
Yep, this has been possible for a while. It's actually called taunt cancelling and it is indeed great. Try it with Sonic for maximum annoyance.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Would it be possible for you guys to publicly release the Input Lag Fix code for NTSC versions?

I'm sure a lot of people would like to give that code a run for sure.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Alright even using the original gct didn't work :/ Bowser's other textures still won't load

I hope my problem isn't forgotten, I wouldn't say that if I wasn't disheartened by not being able to have Bowser ditto matches

Ecks

Smash Lord
So far the game is running perfectly for me. More than perfectly, this game flies! Just the input fix alone makes the game so much better.

My only complain is that Zamus looks to be like 20% smaller than the whole cast. It makes it look like all the other characters are giants by comparison (I know I complain about sizes too much. I don't know why I pay so much attention to it!). Other than that, incredible job PMBR!

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
Is that black tunic Daze was using for Toon Link on stream standard issue in 2.5, or is that just a recolor he added himself? Looks great.

iLink

Smash Champion
You sly devils gave falcon a breverse on falcon punch.

I mindgamed myself and my opponent doing it lol

Also the game does feel noticeably smoother, good job with that input lag fix.

EDIT: Also I can't for the life of me get diddy's boom box or squirtle's glasses as a victory pose to show up. Like 10 straight games with them and nothing lol.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
My only complain is that Zamus looks to be like 20% smaller than the whole cast. It makes it look like all the other characters are giants by comparison (I know I complain about sizes too much. I don't know why I pay so much attention to it!). Other than that, incredible job PMBR!
ZSS's size was made to coincide with regular Samus, who will be the same size she was in Melee when released (that is, much smaller than in Brawl).

XACE-K

Smash Master
Amazing job on creating this. Been playing this for most of the day and its great. The game is definitely smoother and the characters feel much better compared to their 2.1 selves imo.

Btw, love Ness' fourth taunt.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Dear Project M Backroom,

Thank you for adding
Ness' "Fuzzy Pickles!" pose
into the game.

Sincerely,
One very pleased EarthBound fan

Ecks

Smash Lord
ZSS's size was made to coincide with regular Samus, who will be the same size she was in Melee when released (that is, much smaller than in Brawl).
I imagined that was a possible reason since she's much smaller when she takes the armor off. That or to make her harder to hit. Whatever the case, thanks for explaining.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I loaded 2.5 through riivolution but it seems like the whole game is in slow motion. Slow by only a bit it's barley noticeable. Is riivolution known for this? Or do different USB drives read more slowly.

Sorry pickle I didn't realize your account was still logged in...

The music also lags really bad.

Revven

FrankerZ
Am I the only one who sees Zamus t-pose for a few milliseconds when she hits an opponent in midair after she uses her dair out of down B?
I would recommend redownloading and seeing if it persists. That shouldn't be happening. If redownloading it doesn't fix it, backup your files and reformat your SD Card and put the stuff back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom