• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Silly because there are 40,000 projectiles flying everywhere and neither character can fight the other at close range.

If Zelda approaches, she gets bomb->daired, if TL approaches, he gets grabbed/U-smashed into whatever.
What kind of theory-craft nonsense is this? I don't think anyone has ever done this MU at a high level enough for anyone to be making such ridiculous claims, much less you. Zelda approaching does not earn her a bomb > dair, not when she has LC reflector. TL approaching also doesn't equal him getting grabbed or usmashed for free. Also, Zelda can most definitely fight TL at close range. With access to a quick CC dsmash, a multi-hitting reflector that gives her 8 or so frames of invincibility, a fast fsmash, a teleport to get past projectiles, and more, I personally think there's no doubt that Zelda can hold her own in CQC.

#IncorrectClaims

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
What kind of theory-craft nonsense is this? I don't think anyone has ever done this MU at a high level enough for anyone to be making such ridiculous claims, much less you. Zelda approaching does not earn her a bomb > dair, not when she has LC reflector. TL approaching also doesn't equal him getting grabbed > usmashed for free. Also, Zelda can most definitely fight TL at close range. With access to a quick CC dsmash, a multi-hitting reflector that gives her 8 or so frames of invincibility, a fast fsmash, a teleport to get past projectiles, and more, I personally think there's no doubt that Zelda can hold her own in CQC.

#IncorrectClaims
#GoodClaimsByBubba

foshio

Smash Journeyman
what the hell... So I don't think sonic is that bad and think Rat has the best sonic. I think he has the best game for getting around peoples attacks and punishing with awesome combos.
Also I cannot wait to see vWins Lucario, that guy is ****!

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I added bubbaking to my ignore list because he's a ****ing ***hole. I contacted in PMs regarding the problem and he continued anyway.
Oh, you mean THIS PM. The one you sent after I asked for clarification on a confusing post you made about "Instant Catch" or whatever:
Kink-Link5 said:
It is upsetting to be asked for clarification on something that is said as plainly and clearly as possible. I try to word myself as non-vaguely as possible so it is ridiculously frustrating to be asked to clarify something that... can't really be clarified any further. It's like asking for an elaboration on something that is described in detail.
Too bad you can't read it, but everyone else can. Was this PM really meant to solve a problem or just start another one?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys, keep your problems with each other to yourselves, we don't care. This is the only warning.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
what the hell... So I don't think sonic is that bad and think Rat has the best sonic. I think he has the best game for getting around peoples attacks and punishing with awesome combos.
Also I cannot wait to see vWins Lucario, that guy is ****!
Eh, I'd say Leelue's got the best Sonic.

#[REJECTED]

lucario kills families
No, he destroys entire countries. You don't get much more brutal than ol' Luke. He crushed a warrior's spirit, man! There's no way you can get away with that and still be a mortal being. He's a GOD!!!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
To what PM tournament coming up are the EU players going? I can't wait to see how the different character technology and metagame approaches interact. EU seems to have a much faster training method full of applied BnBs where American PM players are always changing approaches and moves instead of sticking with a handful that get the job done.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
To what PM tournament coming up are the EU players going? I can't wait to see how the different character technology and metagame approaches interact. EU seems to have a much faster training method full of applied BnBs where American PM players are always changing approaches and moves instead of sticking with a handful that get the job done.
Leffen and armada will be at apex obviously, I can't speak for the rest of europe but from the uk we have a few interested, I spoke to prof and he's actually interested in going but he said he doesn't really have the money to go. :|

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Well we are the land of the free... Then again, I don't think anything tops El-excuse me- the LI.

Having a bunch of different approaches and moves in hand means that we have a greater arsenal of mix-ups and possibly a greater ability to adapt as well. Having a set variety of BnB's means you get downloaded.

#GloryAndFame

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Oh damn I got people saying that I'm not the best sonic? BbK hurry up and host that tournament

Also why are you quoting kinklink if he has blocked you?
What makes you think I'm talking to Kink? I can quote someone just to refer to their points when I'm pointing something out to other people.

Does Ike have any bad matchups? Or even ones at least?
I'd say Fox is a bad MU for Ike. I wanna say Lucario, too.

Vwins

Smash Ace
:)

Save some gameplay footage and show us all this amazingness.

Donkey Kong has a super secret move that deals 600% damage, but I'm not gonna record a video of it. But I'll beat you all with it though. ;)

#ShotsFired
lol yeah i know how it sounds but its not like im random scrub who never been to smash tournament. I used to be the best in canada at melee from like 2007 to 2010 now im probably 3rd after kirbykaze and unknown522 since they have been playing so much more melee than me in the last 3 years. I've beat kage's ganon pretty easily with my lucario who finished 3rd at FC. So that's a few reasons why im pretty confident in my smash skills overall and PM skills too since I've been playing it so much in the past 2 months. but yeah i know i should record some footage of my lucario so i can prove it but right now i dont have the money to buy the equipment and also im a ****ing lazy man :bee:

Vwins, come down to Toronto with Kage to attend P:M and Melee tourneys.
I heard toronto was not really playing P:M. I would definatly come down if there was enough player playing PM for a tournament.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
lol yeah i know how it sounds but its not like im random scrub who never been to smash tournament. I used to be the best in canada at melee from like 2007 to 2010 now im probably 3rd after kirbykaze and unknown522 since they have been playing so much more melee than me in the last 3 years. I've beat kage's ganon pretty easily with my lucario who finished 3rd at FC. So that's a few reasons why im pretty confident in my smash skills overall and PM skills too since I've been playing it so much in the past 2 months. but yeah i know i should record some footage of my lucario so i can prove it but right now i dont have the money to buy the equipment and also im a ****ing lazy man :bee:

I heard toronto was not really playing P:M. I would definatly come down if there was enough player playing PM for a tournament.
You come down here so I can take you out in Luke dittos! You ain't got nothin' up there in Canada. You think it's right to hide behind 10 other players better than you and then say it's only 2? 2 plus 8 don't equal 2, son. It equals 10.

#LucarioLikesMeMore
#TrashiestTalkOfTheEast

foshio

Smash Journeyman
You come down here so I can take you out in Luke dittos! You ain't got nothin' up there in Canada. You think it's right to hide behind 10 other players better than you and then say it's only 2? 2 plus 8 don't equal 2, son. It equals 10.

#LucarioLikesMeMore
#TrashiestTalkOfTheEast
... vWins came 5th at the majour in Canada acouple months ago behind ZERO Canadians. He was tied with KK. He has also beaten Unknown, and Kage in tournament recently. Study up on your smasher knowledge son!

Citation: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324792

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
#WaffleFries

YEAH SON YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH WHAT UP IN THIS MOTHER ****IN SHEEEITTTTTTTT

I hate all of you besides Eli with these hash tags and blasphemous talk

Lucario is gay and I had to CP Marth/Chain Crabbing Ganon (you crouch like a hermit crab, get the grab, shuffle around. It's awesome)

Vwins

Smash Ace
... vWins came 5th at the majour in Canada acouple months ago behind ZERO Canadians. He was tied with KK. He has also beaten Unknown, and Kage in tournament recently. Study up on your smasher knowledge son!

At least someone knows who I am lol thx for the support. I always felt like most american except top melee players doesnt know who I am and thinks kage is the best in canada since he has been travelling more in the past few years. However, Kage has never beaten me in a tournament since he started playing competitive smash in 2006.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
What kind of theory-craft nonsense is this? I don't think anyone has ever done this MU at a high level enough for anyone to be making such ridiculous claims, much less you. Zelda approaching does not earn her a bomb > dair, not when she has LC reflector. TL approaching also doesn't equal him getting grabbed or usmashed for free. Also, Zelda can most definitely fight TL at close range. With access to a quick CC dsmash, a multi-hitting reflector that gives her 8 or so frames of invincibility, a fast fsmash, a teleport to get past projectiles, and more, I personally think there's no doubt that Zelda can hold her own in CQC.

#IncorrectClaims
I just wanted to chime in and say that I've played the Zelda vs TL mu a fair amount against Meta, and KinkLink is actually correct. The MU is pretty silly and just involves a lot of spamming and either side gets easily punished by approaching. It could just be that we are both very campy players and our playstyles makes my view on the MU biased, but it was extremely campy whenever we played it. I've also played the MU with Lolikanon who finished 4th at the last gameclucks tournament I hosted, and it went pretty much as kink said.

I don't think you should be calling anyone out for "theorycraft" because (no offense but,) you're pretty well-known as the biggest theorycrafter on smods. Not to mention that you called kink out and used more theorycraft to "counter" his theorycraft. >_> What are you even basing your own claims on?

This thread is seriously getting out of hand. I honestly wouldn't mind having this thread locked temporarily if this thread continues to constantly get filled with garbage. :/

edit:
vWins, you're legit lol. Don't even bother with haters :p
-Would really love to see some of your Lucario though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you secretly had the best Lucario in the world atm.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
oh man
this guy just tried to ****talk vwins
and he doesn't even know who he is... and then...

LMAO! exposed so hard! god damn

bubbaking please stop before you embarrass yourself further.

vwins i really want to see your lucario. can you get it recorded, vs. kage maybe? my gut feeling says i want you in the invitational apex bracket but i'd like to see vids first =)

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
Why ROB ?
Why everyone else you listed ?

/e Thanks for explaining, I don't think I agree about ROB though
Also, your post would look less provocating if you would put an "IMO" or so there. These are not facts '-'

9Kplus1

Smash Master
ROB has projectiles, foremost. Projectiles in general give Ike a bit of trouble; in this case, laser and Gyro can effectively keep Ike at bay. In addition to this, ROB can "combo" (in quote because ROB's combo game is rather stale and linear) and subsequently gimp Ike with ease, unlike a fair amount of characters. It's not a significant advantage, but ROB can definitely give Ike a few problems despite his scarcity and therefore potentially low position on the P:M tier list. DDD, Fox, Falco, Sheik, Sonic, Mario, Link, and Peach fall in a similar vein, but each have their respective assets and downfalls, which shape their (advantageous) MU vs Ike.

:phone:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
'Dazrin, I think a great way to judge the MU is for you to play Zhime or Ryoko's Zelda.
You should find out if it's possible.
Bcuz: 'Daze (Great TL) VS Ryoko/Zhime (Great Zeldas) and maybe it should be around ten battles on different stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom