• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
What does the pmbr think about making charizard's upb just be a single strong hit? I get people DI'ing out of the attack before the final hit actually connects at the end of combos quite often and usually just ends with charizard being punished.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
What does the pmbr think about making charizard's upb just be a single strong hit? I get people DI'ing out of the attack before the final hit actually connects at the end of combos quite often and usually just ends with charizard being punished.
pretty sure that It is a single hit right now in the latest build.

They can or they can't pass through platforms in Melee?
they cannot.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Does anyone else find that Lucas plays a lot like Fox?
Jump-cancelled PSImagnet is pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The only thing that Lucas really lacks in comparison to Spacies would be a very good projectile. If he could use his Ice like Falco or even Wolf he'd be better. Then if his UpB was reworked like fox/falco or wolf then yeah he'd be a spacie.

metroid1117

Smash Master
pretty sure that It is a single hit right now in the latest build.
If you're referring to Demo 2.1 as the latest build, it's definitely multi-hit.

I'm surprised to hear that people are managing to DI out of it, I've been hit by it tons of times but never escaped the final hit through SDI. #badplayerproblems

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
If you're referring to Demo 2.1 as the latest build, it's definitely multi-hit.

I'm surprised to hear that people are managing to DI out of it, I've been hit by it tons of times but never escaped the final hit through SDI. #badplayerproblems
Are you sure cause we just tested it. OOS, straight up, and coming from below. One single hit every time we did it.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
The only thing that Lucas really lacks in comparison to Spacies would be a very good projectile. If he could use his Ice like Falco or even Wolf he'd be better. Then if his UpB was reworked like fox/falco or wolf then yeah he'd be a spacie.
I agree about the projectile, but I'd say he has a very spacie recovery if you ignore the fact you have to hit yourself in midair. Once he gets going I'd say he's as easy to gimp as Falco.

Mazza!

Smash Rookie
Well, he also lacks the shine.
PSI magnet is cool but not fast enough, shine is on another planet for both speed and the direction of the knockback.
And oos Lucas should rely more on his nair than on his PSI magnet.

Also, his projectile is REALLY good, is just different from the spacies: it's a setup for a ko move (ex: bair) and instead of use it in short hop like the spacies, you should use it the jump cancel of an empty jump or after a PSI magnet if you want to land it in the most efficient way (just slightly above ground level).

Jump-cancel, projectile, PSI Magnet, Z-air, recovery...
Lucas can be REALLY fast but imho his playstyle will be totally different from the spacies (and from all the other chars as well).

imho :reverse:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Are you sure cause we just tested it. OOS, straight up, and coming from below. One single hit every time we did it.
OOS? If that's the case, then you might not be getting every single hit since it sounds like you guys are doing it close to the ground. It should be multiple hits linking into a strong hit, dealing 25% if all of the hits connect. An example is here, where Falcon's damage goes from 99% to 124%.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Lol to be fair to metroid this is where the conversation started, iLink could've been the one that messed up.

iLink

Smash Champion
Lol to be fair to metroid this is where the conversation started, iLink could've been the one that messed up.
LOL crap I should double check what I type.

Sorry metroid I was actually talking about the glide attack

metroid1117

Smash Master
Okay, so I guess my reading comprehension isn't that bad then haha. Still, my bad Mr.Pickle, I should've known something was weird when I thought you were doing down+B OOS.

Single hit glide attack though, what do you guys think? I think it'd be cool, except the current glide attack has a risk/reward of doing glide attack higher so that the strong hit comes out (versus doing it lower to the ground, which is safer, and getting the strong [single] hit if it were changed to what is being proposed).

iLink

Smash Champion
Also I thought this was pretty amusing

I should probably try using it a little more

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'd add my input on a single hit glair if I could find where it is in BBox accurately. The "GlideAttack" listed in the program doesn't seem to play the animation properly and plays just the final hitbox?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Roger that. I'll get the stream up and running in like 10 mins. gotta download program and drivers for my capture device and switch to demo 2.1. :V

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Also I thought this was pretty amusing

I should probably try using it a little more
yeah, at the tourney yesterday i got hit by zard's dsmash almost half of fd away from him. that move has a scary range on it : o

iLink

Smash Champion
Nothing is outdated since this build is going to be around for quite a while, and every piece of information is important to developing each character.
Well I was thinking that but there have been a lot of hints about certain things being updated (ex. zard's utilt). If it isn't too far off, I think I might hold off on it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What do you guys think of Lucario? I played vs a really good one yesterday and it felt like I wasn't playing a smash game anymore. Guaranteed grabs from moves should not be possible, all the characters usually don't have that. The more I play it, the more I realize there are a lot of things which veers off what characters should be able to do like a normal smash game. I'm not liking that.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I don't think Fox should get drag combos from a fixed-knockback move or Falcon should get automatic tech reads into any kill move either, but these kind of jank things are what these characters get. Lucario gets automatic grabs, Peach gets absurdly advantageous FC nairs on block, Jigglypuff gets to jump across FD and back throwing out those silly puddy legs with two jumps. All of those seem out of flavour from the rest of the cast to me, but they're still a part of the game.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Fox and Falcon stuff are things you can avoid with DI and they have to guess, Lucario can do his stuff on confirm which is really weird to me. The things you mentioned are all avoidable. You should always have the option for a counter-attack but with that kind of thing Lucario has, you can't do anything to prevent it and to me it feels wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom