• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogles

Smash Ace
^someone give this man a medal

anyways i noticed ness can't up b himself through platforms whilst standing on them. make it happen folks. ness NEEDS the platform shenanigans. trust me.

leelue

Smash Lord
Just wanna say how was Ganondorf normal up A not fixed? that move takes forever to do (like 3 seconds to charge ) and is a waste of a move. Maybe add captain falcons up A which doesnt take forever? That will make Ganon alot more usable IMO

just my 2cents
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem likely. Unless ganon is suddenly much worse than the rest of the cast, it's not probable that this will get fixed.*
I'm on your side on this one; not because the move is terrible, however, but because the move is terrible in practically the same way that another move is terrible. I'd be completely placated if the move was still awful but awful in a way that's more distinct.

*Just like Sheik's chain and Puff's... non-bair attacks

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Buuuuuut I guess if it bugs people maybe we'll change it. Maybe, assuming the character actually needs something like that.
noo don't change it, I use it for edgeguarding....you can jump right away from the tumble so its not bad

Just wanna say how was Ganondorf normal up A not fixed? that move takes forever to do (like 3 seconds to charge ) and is a waste of a move. Maybe add captain falcons up A which doesnt take forever? That will make Ganon alot more usable IMO

just my 2cents
lol have you played Ganon? he does NOT need another good move. at all

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
On the real can people stop ****ing posting about SSE? Im sure the PMBR couldn't give 2 ****s about **** that happens in SSE. It just makes you look like a total scrub.

:phone:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
On the real can people stop ****ing posting about SSE? Im sure the PMBR couldn't give 2 ****s about **** that happens in SSE. It just makes you look like a total scrub.

:phone:
I'm pretty sure the PMBR already posted about this before. No need to get worked up over it and insult people for it.

Edited because I don't want to start anything.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeah, my idea is to have character-specific videos that cover move damage, KB, and angles as well as their unique techniques. I'm getting a job this summer meaning buying a video recording program could be feasible. I just don't have anything decent to edit with besides the stuff I could borrow on campus.
Get an Easycap for $10 and use VirtualDub or windows movie maker, lol. Not the best choices out there that you can use to record / edit, but it'll do for now. However, I don't think you can do things like add text to videos in VirtualDub.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Cool.

So, what's in the patch? Or is it supposed to be a secret?
As far as has been implied, nothing that should make us too ecstatic. Bug fixes.
Being able to attack on the ledge with B, G&W not lowering his revival platform simply by existing, Lucas not spastically waddling in the water like a coked up 2 year old, etc.

This is most likely not the same as the patch promised that will release ZSS and 1-2 other mystery characters, which will be released whenever it is ready.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Get an Easycap for $10 and use VirtualDub or windows movie maker, lol. Not the best choices out there that you can use to record / edit, but it'll do for now. However, I don't think you can do things like add text to videos in VirtualDub.
I may end up doing that then. They do have Premier on campus though and it's only 20 minutes for me so I might end up doing that if WMV isn't satisfying.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's not true, since the demo contains edited files from the SSE, plus they (the PMBR) have been posting about it several times.

Svetsunov

Smash Apprentice
I know this wasnt designed with casual play in mind, but some of my friends(they're the "play with items on temple" type) said they tried out project M and dont want to go back to vBrawl. My little brother prefers it as well and said "Woah captain falcon feels like sonic!"

I think you guys unintentionally created a good casual game O.o

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Edited files in the SSE? Only thing I know of that we did with the SSE was have all characters use their normal attributes in SSE. Everything else should be unchanged.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The SSE should be fine when the game is done. I played it last night and it never froze or anything got up to the Mk and IC part, which is where its unplayable. The only hastle was you have to play ZSS at one point and you cant jump, but you can get by that part and meet pikachu easily without jumping. Again once all characters are finished it should work fine.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
I know this wasnt designed with casual play in mind, but some of my friends(they're the "play with items on temple" type) said they tried out project M and dont want to go back to vBrawl. My little brother prefers it as well and said "Woah captain falcon feels like sonic!"

I find it humorous that it's easier to convert Brawl players to P:M than tournament Melee players, when the game was designed to replicate and enhance melee.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Edited files in the SSE? Only thing I know of that we did with the SSE was have all characters use their normal attributes in SSE. Everything else should be unchanged.
That's what I was talking about. You wouldn't have included those if you totally "didn't care" about the SSE even one bit.

I find it humorous that it's easier to convert Brawl players to P:M than tournament Melee players, when the game was designed to replicate and enhance melee.
The irony is definitely funny. But it also does make sense if you think about it.

Most people who play Brawl (unless they're too young to have ever played Melee in thier lifetime) enjoy it because they either don't mind or don't notice the physics changes between Melee and Brawl. So they don't notice the changes from Brawl to P:M either, so for them it's just Brawl with more content and custom movesets. Melee players are obviously aware of the differences, so even minor changes in P:M can make a large difference in their enjoyment.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I may end up doing that then. They do have Premier on campus though and it's only 20 minutes for me so I might end up doing that if WMV isn't satisfying.
I'm assuming you're talking about Adobe Premiere Elements when you say Premier. I don't know if it's just because I have an ancient version of it (3.0), but I'd have to say it's decent at best. Any time I try to burn a DVD, there's about a 50% chance it'll freeze my computer and it tends to lag quite a bit as well, even with no other applications running. I have 6 gigs of RAM, so I'm guessing it's not because of my computer, but if it is I'm inclined to believe that if it is a RAM problem Adobe didn't allocate memory very well. Basically if you only have Premiere and WMM, I would say go with Premiere, but otherwise you're probably better off elsewhere.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Don't buy easycap, it's horrible, the drivers that comes with doesn't even work with the capture card.

I only have one because it isn't mine.

Btw, Melee was a great casual game AND competitive game, remaking its engine wouldn't result in something different then.

I'm pretty sure that 90% of the people I answer every day on the FB page are casual players.
Btw, don't forget to tell your friends about the page, let's get that thing to over 9000 likes.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Then what do you recommend? I've heard Dazzle and Gamebridge are good.

And it's the latest version of Premiere on relatively new iMacs. I've used it before and it handles decently.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Yeah, my idea is to have character-specific videos that cover move damage, KB, and angles as well as their unique techniques. I'm getting a job this summer meaning buying a video recording program could be feasible. I just don't have anything decent to edit with besides the stuff I could borrow on campus.
For your purpose, windows movie maker should be sufficient... really... though with access to any version of premiere, then go for that one... more convenient way of adding clips to the timeline...

Edit: yup you should definately go for that premiere...

btw... windows live movie maker sucks... i have no idea how microsoft managed to take a decent program and make it practically unusable...

just my 2cents
well Ganon is a beast atm... he's pretty much as usable as he needs to be...

I'm assuming you're talking about Adobe Premiere Elements when you say Premier. I don't know if it's just because I have an ancient version of it (3.0), but I'd have to say it's decent at best. Any time I try to burn a DVD, there's about a 50% chance it'll freeze my computer and it tends to lag quite a bit as well, even with no other applications running. I have 6 gigs of RAM, so I'm guessing it's not because of my computer, but if it is I'm inclined to believe that if it is a RAM problem Adobe didn't allocate memory very well. Basically if you only have Premiere and WMM, I would say go with Premiere, but otherwise you're probably better off elsewhere.
wierd... i was using premiere 3 for 3 years and never had any problems with the program freezing...

well... i did have problems with the program randomly crashing the the first and part of the second year, but that was solved when school actually gave us decent computers...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I have the opposite experience actually. In MD/VA, it's mostly the Melee players who are into Project M, and the Brawl players stay off in their own little clique, though there are exceptions (open-minded Brawl players, Melee players who throw a fit over the tiniest differences from Melee, etc). But yeah, nearly all the converts here were primarily Melee players.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I mostly converted brawlers and N64 smashers, but some melee fans liked it. It might depend ont he terrtory and the community there.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

That's what I try to tell a lot of people who like to brush PM off as a "competitive play" mod. PM is actually a lot more crazy than Melee and Brawl casually because it has all of the Brawl content (and mods) and the Melee pace.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I personally feel that P:M is a game that ties all of the smash communities together. It's a game that anyone who loves smash can enjoy.

In BC, I've got melee players who love it, brawl players who come around and try it out, and end up having alot of fun, even straight up 64 smash champion, Superboom, visited BC for a couple days, and thought it was pretty awesome.

Even the staff of the venue we smash at walked by, stop for a second and are amazed and intrigued about how you guys were able to re-create melee using the brawl engine. And of course, all my friends- the casual crowd, LOVE p:m as well.

P:M just brings all smashers of any kind together into one game that everyone can all play and enjoy. It's quite a beautiful thing. *tear

:D Thanks PMBR

foshio

Smash Journeyman
I personally feel that P:M is a game that ties all of the smash communities together. It's a game that anyone who loves smash can enjoy.

In BC, I've got melee players who love it, brawl players who come around and try it out, and end up having alot of fun, even straight up 64 smash champion, Superboom, visited BC for a couple days, and thought it was pretty awesome.

Even the staff of the venue we smash at walked by, stop for a second and are amazed and intrigued about how you guys were able to re-create melee using the brawl engine. And of course, all my friends- the casual crowd, LOVE p:m as well.

P:M just brings all smashers of any kind together into one game that everyone can all play and enjoy. It's quite a beautiful thing. *tear

:D Thanks PMBR
I should so get over to Vancouver and play with you guys... (or you should come to victoria)

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
A friend of mine is predujice to the project (for a pretty stupid reason actually and there's literally no way of convincing him otherwise due to his highly stubborn nature) and there are those that just think that this is a mere waste of time. For myself, I tried this mod once and dropped every smash game I was in for this. I was in for a surprise when I was using mah boi (Ness) and how his options and resources in spiking and gimping were all brought together into one amazing aspect. I meant to post an idea on SmashMods, but my computer was being ******** as of late 2 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom