• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
If you're close enough, you can get a smash or a B move in pretty easily. It's not his best tilt, but it works all right.

Metà

Smash Master
IMO something needs to be done about Mario's down-b. Mario tornado was worthless in Melee as both an attack, and to some extent a recovery move. It would be cool if it was tweaked to be more like in 64, where it was actually viable as a combo starter. I do like how it's a better recovery move in P:M though.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
IMO something needs to be done about Mario's down-b. Mario tornado was worthless in Melee as both an attack, and to some extent a recovery move. It would be cool if it was tweaked to be more like in 64, where it was actually viable as a combo starter. I do like how it's a better recovery move in P:M though.
Mario Tornado is great for recovery, though. if you DI it, you can get as much horizontal coverage as a cape, along with it's height bonus.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I agree with meta. Mario64 down-b should be added in p:M cuz it spikes and can be used for combos. Its also better for recovery in that game as well, iirc. And.. mario tornado isn't all that great for recovery.. lol it barely goes anywhere if you're lucky. (edit:sorry, DR.mario down-b barely goes anywhere.. mixed that up)

The only reason why I would be against giving mario his 64down-b is because mario is already REALLY REALLY good in P:M.. and I don't think he's gonan need buffs anytime sooon.. wobbles already won a p:m tournament with him, so yeah lol

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Please stop suggesting character changes. They are off the table for a looong time in order to let the metagame develop.

Metà

Smash Master
Mario Tornado is great for recovery, though. if you DI it, you can get as much horizontal coverage as a cape, along with it's height bonus.
idk, i still think it's not a very good move. something to look into, anyway. I think that the more viable moves we can give each character, the better

which also brings me to ROB's side-B. couldn't they have just made ROB's up-b function as a horizontal booster if you tap to the side, thus giving him another slot to put something else in? it seems like dedicating two of his special moves exclusively to recovery is a little much, although I am aware that his side-b can reflect stuff on the ground.

Metà

Smash Master
also, is it just me or is it impossible to wallshine people with fox? every time I try to do it, they just bounce off the wall. some really weird stuff was happening, like one time on PS1 with the rock stage, i was down in the pit trying to infinite a ganondorf, and he was just bouncing around really strangely, even kinda like, teleporting onto the platform above me. what's with that????

Revven

FrankerZ
also, is it just me or is it impossible to wallshine people with fox? every time I try to do it, they just bounce off the wall. some really weird stuff was happening, like one time on PS1 with the rock stage, i was down in the pit trying to infinite a ganondorf, and he was just bouncing around really strangely, even kinda like, teleporting onto the platform above me. what's with that????
Just how the shine works against a wall from Bawrl. It's sort of being kept right now because it prevents the infinite, somewhat making any stages with walls more viable.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hmmm a little question, Is the ridiculously high knockback on Ike's rising sword while upB intentional? I mean, if you grab someone on the top platform on battlefield, upthrow and upB, you can kill them off the top at relatively low %'s. I haven't tried it with people who can actually DI, but cpu's are suckers for it.
It kills at even lower percents on Yoshi's Story. Monk commented that Magus spent a lot of time adjusting the knockback so that it would be as easy as possible to connect with the apex of the attack.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
does anyone want to make a guide for how to play lucas??
random assorted lucas stuff:

use sh PKF to space. if it connects at an ideal distance, you can tie it into a DACUS.

low% combo: shffl nair -> jab combo -> go for fair -> your aerial of choice

always remember to airdodge before using your tether, for extra distance

once your opponent is high enough in % for dtilt to pop them upwards (53-85%), you can do dtilt->smash, depending on their DI. which smash depends on their percentage, weight, and DI, etc. but it works often enough to try it.

combo that works at 0% (haven't verified if true combo): magnet -> wavedash -> turn fsmash

<insert other random stuff>

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Unlike the original, It seems the PM version of the stage goes over Luigi's without a rel. I tried using a mansion rel to replace a stage and it somehow didn't work. :/

Wasn't Shadic the one working on that stage? Maybe he can help with hex.
Nope, not that either, I made an .rel for Luigi's Mansion over Distant Planet and it still froze, I just need to know what data string to look at in the hex editor

Bones0

Smash Legend
I think your Gamecube controller stick is dead, man.

Get a new controller.
No, I have the same problem. In Melee you barely have to push up at all on the control stick in order for it to register as a throw. In P:M I've always had scenarios where I tap up, but it doesn't register as far enough. Pretty sure it's a known issue though.

Can anyone tell me how to DACUS, and what characters it's good with?

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
DACUS is good with Lucas Ganon & Wario. I may have missed someone. Youtube how to do it.

Practice it with Lucas first, since his timing is so forgiving.

or practice it in vBrawl with Link.

iLink

Smash Champion
Wolf has a pretty nice dacus too, although his is pretty damn strict. I can only do it with a specific button configuration.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Sheiks DACUS in Bawlr was a 1 frame window, so I imagine there are some pretty strict timings in this as well. But Shieks DACUS was really good if you did it right in Bawrl.

I.E. free tipper usmash on a grab released MK for the kill at like 80%.

leelue

Smash Lord
You can use it off the ledge (by doing a ledgejump)
So there you go, brand new use.

Please stop suggesting character changes. They are off the table for a looong time in order to let the metagame develop.
Put this on the OP?

EDIT
Mario won a PM tourney? Hmm... that's not something that I predicted at all...

MaxThunder

PM Support
sure

step 1: charge down-b
step 2: down throw
step 3: up-smash
step 4: repeat step 2 & 3
... down-b isn't the charging move...

ah, is this one of those rare fabled occasions in this topic where you can't answer a question with "Because Melee"?
Nope... you can definitely still answer that...

In other news... i suck at DACUS... i just can't do it... i randomly pull one off once in a while, but that's it... even with lucas...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------... with buffer on 100%...

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Sheik no longer has a dacus because of her melee jumpstart.
O, so jumpstart has something to do with DACUS's. If that is the case then who else cant perform one?

Also I was just saying shiek HAD a very strict one in Brawl. There are probably characters in P:M that have really strict timing on their's. Lucas and Ganon definatly aren't ones. By far the two easiest to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom