• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
hotdogturtle, can you post your retextured Project M stages in our new Workshop subforum on Smashmods? And maybe a guide on how to do it? We'd really appreciate it.

Anyone else who has any kind of customized content geared specifically towards Project M, feel free to post it there!

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
As partial compensation to Lucas, tether recoveries can't be edgehogged and PKT2 will no longer blow up if it hits a stage wall; it rebounds like Ness does in Melee.
In my opinion that doesn't really compensate for zap jump. When I played regularly I rarely messed up my pkt2s although it's new behaviour is pretty nice. And there were 4 zap jumps 2 of which could be mag pulled and bounced. Except now you can't bounce psi mag?

Seriously why can't you bounce psi magnet.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
In my opinion that doesn't really compensate for zap jump. When I played regularly I rarely messed up my pkt2s although it's new behaviour is pretty nice. And there were 4 zap jumps 2 of which could be mag pulled and bounced. Except now you can't bounce psi mag?

Seriously why can't you bounce psi magnet.
PSI Magnet's function appears to have been radically changed from its Brawl rendition. It appears to be more useful for shining opponents than momentum changing and projectile absorbing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Brawlbox .65, I know someone said a misc folder, but I don't know if they meant the miscdata in the ef_ ARC file or what, I'm confused about that part
You need to use BrawlBox .66b as far as I know to edit the camera values.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Can you guys put the move queue in Training Mode? There's really no advantage in having stale move negation (Melee didn't have it either)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
MK26: Yeah, that'd probably be a good idea. =P
Alright I downloaded it, but I still don't know what I'm supposed to replace for the camera

Is it the ef_ ARC file, or Scenedata Bres In ARC 2?
I decided to just take a screenshot to show where it was. Lemme know if you need any additional help!
[collapse=STPM Location]

[/collapse]

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
hotdogturtle, can you post your retextured Project M stages in our new Workshop subforum on Smashmods? And maybe a guide on how to do it? We'd really appreciate it.

Anyone else who has any kind of customized content geared specifically towards Project M, feel free to post it there!
Cool, I'll do that when I get back on the computer (posting from Wii now). Should I be posting a new thread for my stuff or should it go into your Stage thread?

Revven

FrankerZ
BAHAHAHAHHAHA

in other news, do you guys want me to update the news thread?
Maestro, that's actually technically true. We don't have a file of the game's source code, if we did things would probably be somewhat easier (but not by much) and we would be in a lot of trouble if we did have the source code itself to change.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
PSI Magnet's function appears to have been radically changed from its Brawl rendition. It appears to be more useful for shining opponents than momentum changing and projectile absorbing.
Yeah, I noticed. Overall everything feels pretty great. Lucas vbrawl bair has always been my favourite move and I don't even miss it with the new bair and dair. But Lucas' quirky mobility was my favourite part of him and that's gone entirely. It sucks. PKF barely gives you any momentum at all. In demo1 I was excited because although it changed the behaviour of his abilities, they were still there. You could wavebounce and zap jump and ledge hop pkf all into psi mag. It also added new things like the ability to ledge cancel a pkf into mag pull. Lots of fun. Now you barely get any momentum from a full hop pkf into magnet, you can't bounce a magnet, ledge hop pkf gives you no momentum, you can't zap jump. Totally lame.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
MK26: Yeah, that'd probably be a good idea. =P

I decided to just take a screenshot to show where it was. Lemme know if you need any additional help!
Thanks for the help bud, it worked. Gotta start makin videos, it would only be against the computer but whatever, I'm good with every character[Except Fox] now lol this game is so ******* sick, my Link is beastly

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Whoever here is working on a PM cover...perhaps you could make it look like an updated version of this?

Custom art might be cool, but that'd be way more work.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Wow, I never noticed Ganondorf in that picture. I never even wondered why he "wasn't there." I never noticed YLink was drinking milk either. I fail.

An updated picture of that would actually be possible if you use the intro sprites.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Whoever here is working on a PM cover...perhaps you could make it look like an updated version of this?

Custom art might be cool, but that'd be way more work.
That would be a bit crowded and wouldn't really fit the format... not to mention that it would be a lot more work...

I'm gonna style make it more like the melee than the brawl cover... but it's gonna be sorta like a mix of both... I feel that would fit the project...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
That feel when Project:M can be advertised on the front page of IGN but not the front page of smashboards.com

kaizo13

Smash Champion
But Lucas' quirky mobility was my favourite part of him and that's gone entirely. It sucks. PKF barely gives you any momentum at all. In demo1 I was excited because although it changed the behaviour of his abilities, they were still there. You could wavebounce and zap jump and ledge hop pkf all into psi mag. It also added new things like the ability to ledge cancel a pkf into mag pull. Lots of fun. Now you barely get any momentum from a full hop pkf into magnet, you can't bounce a magnet, ledge hop pkf gives you no momentum, you can't zap jump. Totally lame.
imo all that stuff you mentioned made Lucas janky. just forget about vBrawl Lucas and work on some Lucas:M :). He's really good without any of that stuff.

also

JCz are u guys able to release P:M's Melee Battlefield? I was a bit saddened by its exclusion, Yeroc had me almost convinced that it would be included. Can u post it in the workshop?

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
OK, so yesterday and today I was finally able to play some Project M. I have to say, it's astounding. The developers clearly put a lot of effort into this. It was extremely fun and all the new and edited characters feel interesting. It was also easy to transition with the Melee top tiers as well, as my tech skill with Fox translated smoothly. Once again, thanks for releasing this and good job so far. I cannot wait until the full release!

Couch

Smash Cadet
Do you guys think wolf's horizontal on-stage up-b is a good offensive option for techchasing and the like? I've noticed that it has pretty good horizontal knockback

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone tried sh->Airdodge->Clawshot with link? It can actually cover some serious distance with the added benefit of a hitbox and next to no lag on landing. Pretty damn cool imo.
@ Couch, I think we are thinking of two different things... I mean when you cancel almost immediately and hardly leave the ground at all with just the clawshot extending maybe a foot out in front of you.
Essentially cancelling a low triangle-jump into a hookshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom