• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We're only 7K away from Demo 1's total download count at the moment and it hasn't even been a week yet!

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I found this Melee Style "Game" text for when the game ends. Where do I put the info.pac file/will it ruin anything already put in place by the back room?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
odd bug report:

i was playing against computers a bit and was dashdancing as falcon, on the leftmost building on fourside. mario then caped me, throwing me WAY the **** off, not in special fall, but unable to act. it looked similar to the vid someone posted a while back where peach hit him off of yoshi's as link and he couldn't move.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
back it up and try.
if it works without messing anything up, good for you.
if not, switch back, no foul.

Edit:
ninja'd by a more helpful post. Damn you falco!

Apexed

Smash Rookie
How many gigs do you need your SD card to be to play this? Also is Marth any good in this game

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
So, for those of us that don't use GeckoOS, is there a way for us to access custom user stages?

Even after enabling custom stages on in the options, there isn't a way to select them from the stage-selection screen, nor do they affect random selection.

MaxThunder

PM Support
^^The only way to play one custom stages would be to modify the codeset i think... and the PMBR does not like people doing that...

MaxThunder

PM Support
^^There's codes to unlock everything of importance...

though don't use the unlock everything code... it'll kill your save... cause the game can't handle that much stuff being unlocked at once and it crashes...

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
I know it's a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway, how can you do DACUS in P:M, same as Brawl? because I try to do it wih Snake, Ganon and Lucas and it never works ):

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Mine hard crashed today. Pit vs Level 9 Wario, Final Destination, single player training mode. No items/texture hacks/etc.

leelue

Smash Lord
Did Wario bite you? That's a known freeze in a certain circumstance.
If possible, repost your problem on smashmods; they have a section for this type of stuff. It makes it easier for them to keep track and catalogue.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's the same, it's just harder since there's no buffer.
That isn't the correct answer.

It's harder because jumpstart controls the window for DACUS. If you have a really quick jumpstart, DACUS is harder. Snake's jumpstart was made to be slightly faster and thus, his DACUS is essentially a tighter window. If DACUS is harder for the character you're using, it is likely that their jumpstart was modified.

Rubyiris, we're aware of the issue but we've had people in the BR attempt to replicate it in frame advance with results of not being able to get it to freeze. We had the issue dealt with prior to release but aren't sure why it's cropping up still. Rest assured, we know of it already and will still try to figure out why it might still be occurring.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
That isn't the correct answer.

It's harder because jumpstart controls the window for DACUS. If you have a really quick jumpstart, DACUS is harder. Snake's jumpstart was made to be slightly faster and thus, his DACUS is essentially a tighter window. If DACUS is harder for the character you're using, it is likely that their jumpstart was modified.
So, essentially I would have to master timing instead of mashing c-stick like an ovulating crazy mother gorilla?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the freeze came if Wario tried to throw you from Bite on a certain frame (I think it was 8?).

I main Wario so I have to be careful not to accidentally trigger this. I actually don't use the Bite move too often, but I always make sure to wait a bit before throwing them so I don't do it too fast.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
So after about few days of playing pit my thoughts are on the character....

he's just what I expected him to be but in some senses a little more. I knew he was going to be gay in some ways but I didn't think he's be as big of a flaming ***. He's got a great off stage potential as expected but the dtilt on the edge is just....it's like nah I don't want to try for the gimp, I'll just cheeseball you over and over :laugh:. All in all he's good though.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
So I read earlier on the forum from one of you devs that y'all will be fixing some of these bugs soon.

Would one of those happen to be the 1-frame delay on physics/movement? ;o spacies just don't feel quite right with it, and on slower characters wavedashing isn't an attractive option at all.

I'm sure it's a top prio already for you guys to fix this, but I just wanna know if there's any progress made yet.

btw falco SHlazer is noticably (to me, at least) slower than it was in maylay. Did y'all make/leave his SH a little higher than it was in melee, or do his aerial lasers come out faster than in melee and I'm mentioning this for nothing? :s

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm pretty sure the PMBR would not have released demo2 if Falco's blaster didn't have the exact same frame data as in Melee. If nothing else, Magus would never have let them.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So I read earlier on the forum from one of you devs that y'all will be fixing some of these bugs soon.

Would one of those happen to be the 1-frame delay on physics/movement? ;o spacies just don't feel quite right with it, and on slower characters wavedashing isn't an attractive option at all.

I'm sure it's a top prio already for you guys to fix this, but I just wanna know if there's any progress made yet.
Restructuring the entire physics engine isn't as simple as you make it sound.

Not to mention bug-testing just about everything to make sure it didn't fix one problem and cause 50 more.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I've noticed that my lasers come out quite a bit higher than I'm used to. I've got a feeling that it's that 1 frame thing and some jumping physics screwing with me. Ike's jab combo is also harder to pull off, but still really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom