• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I actually think you made Link a bit TOO strong, shadic! LOL

I gave all my thoughts on Link, as well as Sonic, Toonlink, Pika, Pit, and Zard all on smashmods in their respective character forums in other existing topics. Please look out for my feedback on there, PMBR! (It's mostly alot of praise, with sprinkles of suggestion/contructive critisim.. but mostly just praise lol)

:D Link is ridiculous.

leelue

Smash Lord
S
Interesting, Ill try it.

i dont like His instant Dair at all :/ and I hate how Side-B still work if shielding
But that is just annoying to me. as for the Dair I don't really think it needs to be that damn fast...
This is a view I can't understand at all.
Ness was close to being the worst character in melee.

Functional smashes and pk flash? Still probably not better than melee DK.
New double jump capability? Ok that's going somewhere. But your kidding yourself if you think this is as good as Doc.
Pk fire? That's nice. Too bad people will eventually stop blocking it all WillyVaNilly. Ness' followups on a missed pkfire aren't exactly superb.

The dair is one of the reasons why he's attractive. Remember: we are shooting for top tier, not good enough.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
another kinda big thing that needs to be addressed in the remake stage of fountain of dreams falcos lasers can be caught on the flaoting platforms

and i think for some reason links sword flipping taunt from TP is wonky he like half flips the sword and sheaths the sword backwards or something XD

but yeah im getting hella used to the engine of this game and its feeling sooo comfortable, good work fellas

GPDP

Smash Ace
The game freezes anytime I go to change controls. Just thought I'd let you know.
Do you have any textures on Mario? I know for sure when I had a custom texture for Mario's default color (red), the game would freeze going into the Controls screen. Every other color was fine to put a custom texture on. I suspected it was a bug with the File Patch code.

And yes, I suppose I should've brought this up sooner. This WAS way back in demo 1, though, and all I did to fix it was take out whatever texture I had for Mario's red color, and it worked, so I thought that was that.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I imagine a Free-for-all between good players of Zelda, Snake, Link and Toon Link would be very entertaining... someone should do that... on SSE:Jungle...

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Zelda's fsmash has great priority, nearly no endlag, easy setups, and tons of active frames of severe damage/knockback. That move is super beast. Maaaaybe not as beast as a shine, but it's a pretty great catch-all for an already really strong character. Roooster has this woman figured out, and he's only had a day to play with her.

Seriously, it's frightening.

EDIT: Also, I DO have a custom texture over Mario's default, if that makes a difference.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Shine doesn't have massive range and require no timing to gimp everyone.

Also can bomb jumping be explained? I do Aerial glide toss upwards > up-b and hit it, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (is it just a matter of how stale the up-b is?)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
When I use Toon Link's UpB on the ground, people tend to start shielding right in the middle of it after a few hits. How doth I avoid this catastrophe? Or should I just never use it on the ground?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I have a favor to ask. Could someone possibly upload there Completed Brawl Data somewhere? I really don't want to have to beat the game to unlock things. :urg:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It was like that in melee. I have done that a few times. I have also had Y.link in melee hit me with the tip of his up-B on my shield and I shield SDI into him for a free combo.

I just downloaded the game so Im about to check out how Peach fairs in this game. Someone wanted me to make a video of my impression of her and break her down. So I'll give it a shot and post it here when I make it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Idk yet, have not touched Peach yet. I wanna know if I can still turnip cancel and the timing for it. Also if I can glide toss.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Idk yet, have not touched Peach yet. I wanna know if I can still turnip cancel and the timing for it. Also if I can glide toss.
Can you explain turnip cancel?
For glide toss, it's still possible, however you won't go as far due to increased friction.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

MaxThunder

PM Support
I have a favor to ask. Could someone possibly upload there Completed Brawl Data somewhere? I really don't want to have to beat the game to unlock things. :urg:
you can't just copy brawl data... it's protected... it's damn annoying...

what are the things you wanna unlock?.. If it's characters/stages then you can make a codeset with the codes for that in... and if it's the random stage selection, then try getting 200 kills in vBrawl...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You'll have to elaborate further on that. I think what Brawl people did was edit hitboxes to be graphics; this won't work as the .pac files in Project M are different unless you went through them and changed the hitboxes to be graphics.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you can't just copy brawl data... it's protected... it's damn annoying...

what are the things you wanna unlock?.. If it's characters/stages then you can make a codeset with the codes for that in... and if it's the random stage selection, then try getting 200 kills in vBrawl...
200kills in Vbrawl....gay.

weezzay

Smash Rookie
WOW!!! Project M
good VERY good job
i just played yall demo 2 build...and words cant describe how TOTALLY impressed i am!!!!
on the changes on characters and stages added (especially fountain of dreams stage w/bgm)
and the change to snake was much needed
patiently waiting for the rest of the cast and stages to be completed
cant wait to play the finished version (hopefully soon!!!!)
much more i wanna sey, but ima leave this short
thx much!!!! and keep up the miracle!!!!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
YES! Please! :D

Sorry for taking up your time in doing so, but yeah, it would be extremely helpful on my end as well as anyone else who wants to add custom music but lacks the knowledge, capability, or time/effort to put it in themself. :)
I'll do it tonight. I hope you have a lot of room on your SD card though, because my songlist is over a gig.

:phone:

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
well, i lost my SD card i used for P:M, and i dont feel like editing my SD card used for regular hacks, so i had to use dolphin (which is slower with hacks) and i played a few rounds. it is pretty good. now if only Pichu was in it, then i would love it for ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom