• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Anyone having trouble with the Hackless method? Anything I should try?

I put everything on the SD card, but when I go to the Stage Editor and go to "Check Content" the game either crashes or loads continually.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Loving Lucario's new down-b. Confusing the hell out of my roommate by canceling into it out of dash attack when he shields. Poor guy doesn't know which way to wavedash anymore! :p

MaxThunder

PM Support
Anyone having trouble with the Hackless method? Anything I should try?

I put everything on the SD card, but when I go to the Stage Editor and go to "Check Content" the game either crashes or loads continually.
Have you deleted all custom stages?.. is your sd card SDHC or larger then 2gb?..

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I think my Lucario is broken o_O

when I try to act out of up-b via meter, he does the up-taunt animation and halts momentum. It's not suppose to do that is it?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
sooooooo i kinda dont like the way you can Dash> tap the opposite direction and then jump and be turned around. (idk what its technicly called) but it makes it kinda easy mode for bairs and edgehogs.

back in my day we had the dash>wavedash>walk>moonwalk to turn around quick.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

when I try to act out of up-b via meter, he does the up-taunt animation and halts momentum. It's not suppose to do that is it?
Same. I was reading over the character page and I might be using it wrong. My sister is playing Xenoblade now so I can't really experiment.

leelue

Smash Lord
sooooooo i kinda dont like the way you can Dash> tap the opposite direction and then jump and be turned around. (idk what its technicly called) but it makes it kinda easy mode for bairs and edgehogs.

back in my day we had the dash>wavedash>walk>moonwalk to turn around quick.
Disregarding whether or not it's good for the game, this is a brawl thing we call RARing. It was kept in because in melee it is impossible to think about doing a bair midcombat. It takes a nonzero amount of time and some characters slow down more than others, so in regards to game balance there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

You have a new tool. Happy smashing.

iLink

Smash Champion

He's supposed to do that, it's just an indicator that you canceled it. You can act out of it immediately.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Disregarding whether or not it's good for the game, this is a brawl thing we call RARing. It was kept in because in melee it is impossible to think about doing a bair midcombat. It takes a nonzero amount of time and some characters slow down more than others, so in regards to game balance there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

You have a new tool. Happy smashing.
lol forgive me, im one of those tech skill heavy foxes.
so i fell slighted when the technquies ive worked hard on are still there, but alot more effort than just RARing. i personally dont have a problem with it. it make D3 mad smooth to edge guard with. i just know that when i play melee im gonna be like.. **** thats not a thing in this game. lol

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I don't know if I was RARing or not, but I've dash danced/turn run really fast and then jumped, which made me fly across the stage like Falcon's moonwalk, lol. It's better than Fox's moonwalk

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if I was RARing or not, but I've dash danced/turn run really fast and then jumped, which made me fly across the stage like Falcon's moonwalk, lol. It's better than Fox's moonwalk
I do this with Gannon all the time, moonwalking is obsolete.

:phone:

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
Hi there, I'm having a blast with Demo2, you can really tell how much work went into the characters and the gameplay overall. Major props to all the devs. I noticed that the cpu's pick up on their new moves and AT's almost immediately, much faster than in vBrawl it seems. I was wondering if that was deliberately done by the P:M team or if i'm just losing my marbles...

McNinja

Smash Ace
Hi there, I'm having a blast with Demo2, you can really tell how much work went into the characters and the gameplay overall. Major props to all the devs. I noticed that the cpu's pick up on their new moves and AT's almost immediately, much faster than in vBrawl it seems. I was wondering if that was deliberately done by the P:M team or if i'm just losing my marbles...
Yeah I've even seen spacies short hop laser a few times! Oh and a quick question.

Lucario's Nair. What is its intended purpose? Defensive technique OoS? KO move? Right now I use it mostly to tech chase on platforms.

And if somebody could link me a video of a really technical Sonic, it would be most appreciated.

:phone:

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so first I need to say that after ~2 days of playing almost non stop, this demo is sick. I mean it. Serious props to the devs for working magic here.

But now, I have noticed a problem, and I'm not sure if it's been addressed yet. I know that replays from vbrawl or other brawl mods will desync in this demo, but even the replays that I have saved when using demo 2 are desynced when I go to view them. Is this a known bug that you guys will have a patch for? Or is it just the nature of the mod? I'm good either way, I was just wondering if you gents happened to have a workaround to this.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Ok, so first I need to say that after ~2 days of playing almost non stop, this demo is sick. I mean it. Serious props to the devs for working magic here.

But now, I have noticed a problem, and I'm not sure if it's been addressed yet. I know that replays from vbrawl or other brawl mods will desync in this demo, but even the replays that I have saved when using demo 2 are desynced when I go to view them. Is this a known bug that you guys will have a patch for? Or is it just the nature of the mod? I'm good either way, I was just wondering if you gents happened to have a workaround to this.
Depends which codeset you're using. The full set will, but the Wifi safe one shouldn't.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I just found a freezing bug. If you choose the "random" option on the type of stage select you want in additional rules, (NOT the stage striker option for level screen random) it freezes the game. I tried a few variations with random on instead of choose and it always froze.

I assume the team wants all versus-related options to work properly even if it ain't that big of a deal.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Depends which codeset you're using. The full set will, but the Wifi safe one shouldn't.
What is different between the full set and the wifi safe version? Is it the gct, private folder content, or both? Right now I believe I'm using the full set, which I assume is the problem.

abcool

Smash Ace
1)I would like to ask the backroom if they know some of these things. When fighting Marth with Fox i can't wavedshine to grab uthrow uair. It's like no matter how fast i try to do this Marth can jab me almost instantly; this is vs a CPU. Now in Melee you can jump just before being hit by shine to cancel the KB and reset to neutral, but i doubt the computer does this. I am also starting to think this can happen to anyone that weights the same as Marth. Can anyone confirm this by trying to waveshine grab Marth?

2)Another bug i guess is when being hit by strong attack at low percents by the edge of the stage and dying almost instantly without being able to jump back. Ex: If i am fighting Marth and i double jump and try to FF a Nair and Marth counters i get send str8 down with no chance to recover, heck sometimes i even have a jump and can't recover before i die. I feel like the game auto FFs you if you seem to be holding down at the time you're by the edge without even pressing an attack. This didn't happen in Melee, or atleast not as often. I'll upload a vid to show you what i mean.

Revven

FrankerZ
2)Another bug i guess is when being hit by strong attack at low percents by the edge of the stage and dying almost instantly without being able to jump back. Ex: If i am fighting Marth and i double jump and try to FF a Nair and Marth counters i get send str8 down with no chance to recover, heck sometimes i even have a jump and can't recover before i die. I feel like the game auto FFs you if you seem to be holding down at the time you're by the edge without even pressing an attack. This didn't happen in Melee, or atleast not as often. I'll upload a vid to show you what i mean.
This is a DI bug, please read the original post for more information.

iLink

Smash Champion
So after giving wolf enough time, I finally went back to trying fox and falco.

Not sure what people are complaining about, they feel really smooth to me for the most part.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Uh, not sure if it's a known issue or not..
-But, I was Sonic vs a Mario on Yoshi's Story (Melee) and he ran to me (he was on the left, I was on the right,) and I shield-grabbed him downwards and all of a sudden before we knew it Mario was wallowing around in a black limbo above, nowhere to be seen. (Well, we could see him because of the thing where it shows where a character is if they are offscreen, but if we actually paused it and zoomed out or tried to focus on mario, he was GONE)

We DID have custom textures on both sonic and mario if it makes a difference.

ds22

Smash Lord
Uh, not sure if it's a known issue or not..
-But, I was Sonic vs a Mario on Yoshi's Story (Melee) and he ran to me (he was on the left, I was on the right,) and I shield-grabbed him downwards and all of a sudden before we knew it Mario was wallowing around in a black limbo above, nowhere to be seen. (Well, we could see him because of the thing where it shows where a character is if they are offscreen, but if we actually paused it and zoomed out or tried to focus on mario, he was GONE)

We DID have custom textures on both sonic and mario if it makes a difference.
Sounds like you were using the old Doc vertex, am I correct?

Vash the Stampede

Smash Rookie
Interesting integration of ssbm mechanics into brawl, unsure what the online features do exactly maybe that is going to be in the next patch? Any opinions on what the tier list might look like? Or even if there are any inconsistencies in which characters are seeming to be on top?
Great job overall though, quite a fantastic idea!

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Don't give any serious thought of a tier list until after a few weeks from now, maybe months.

BTW great anime. Still haven't read the manga :x

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Interesting integration of ssbm mechanics into brawl, unsure what the online features do exactly maybe that is going to be in the next patch? Any opinions on what the tier list might look like? Or even if there are any inconsistencies in which characters are seeming to be on top?
Great job overall though, quite a fantastic idea!
It's not really integrating Melee mechanics into Brawl.
And the game's been out for less than a week, making a tier list now is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom