• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I'm unsure of whether or not to take that post seriously. Either way, Akuma, you seem to be a poor troll, a very naive person with pretty bad morals, or just an incredibly stupid individual.
If you HAVE to pick, I guess troll, I can enjoy getting a laugh out of people being too cereal

If you're really desperate to find better Links
Nope, was just hoping they were out there, where else but smashboards for knowledge on this?

then don't ask in the rude, arrogant attitude you normally have when posting
I'm sorry if I come across like that, but really it's supposed to be funny, not something to take seriously, different sense of humor I guess

there are a few things that you can do:

• Search harder
  • Lurk this thread for whatever information you were trying to gather
  • Play Melee
This is assuming I have the time, which I really don't, hence the question however which way you take it.

And I quit melee tournaments once I learned that Link was **** tier

It's very likely that you're looking for vids of Link in order to get a grasp of how much better he's gotten -- more specifically, the buffs he's gotten in order to compete with the higher tiered characters -- or to see if he's changed any since the last time you managed to catch footage of him.
Bingo

If you can't get that information from the videos currently floating around, then ask specific questions about Link, in this thread.
Those questions get ignored entirely, nothing has changed, or no one is playing him to find out, simply, no one besides me is interested in him

Now, you can also play Melee -- something that I highly recommend -- in order to get a better grasp of Link and start brainstorming ideas to apply to his Project: M counterpart.
Did this a LOOOOOOOONG time ago, I played Melee for 7 years, Link only

Project: M and Melee have their obvious differences, granted, but it it's very likely that you can apply Melee shenanigans to P:M.
Already done

Even then, working on your main in Melee is a lot better than speculating what they'll be like in P:M.
Link is the only main I'll ever have, Falco is my secondary but it's easy to get pretty good with him

Don't approach a valuable member of the BR like that just because you're being impatient.
Oh no, I'm way past the point where I care when this gets finished, I expect this to be finished around 2014

Acting like that makes you seem like an immature and cocky person, as you can't really bring about any proof that you are indeed better
I guess I need to try to find time to get my groove back and make videos, but then again, I don't have anyone too good to play, I have someone who DIs EVERYTHING and is rather unpredictable but skill-wise

It's more I haven't been given a chance to prove I'm better, but I know I am, nothing wrong with confidence

Furthermore, Azen is one of veteran professional players best known for his Marth in Melee and Lucario in vBrawl. He's been around for a very long time and has inspired multiple playstyles for both of the aforementioned characters. He also plays a very good Falco and Meta Knight in Melee and Brawl, respectively. For that reason, even many beginners know about Azen and his accomplishments. Saying that you don't know who he is after insulting a player with significantly more experience than you will cause a lot of people to scratch their heads. You basically said, "hey guys, come at me because imma scrub!" with that post.
Like I said, names

And if he isn't a Link main I don't really care to be honest

does Akuma have any videos of himself playing? or tournament results? etc. otherwise he has no way to show how good he is
Old crappy P:M beta videos, I got better since then but it's been quite some time since I've even touched the game

For Melee, that was years ago, like I said, I quit when I found out Link sucked, though I had a decent Falco

Bombjumping works differently now than it did in the demo fyi.

I haven't bothered to learn the new timing because I don't take Link that seriously.
I can't imagine it's even slightly difficult

And are you trolling about that last part or are you just that oblivious to competitive Smash?
Names dawg

Akuma showing how godlike he is.
Everyone shut up. Akuma is talking.
LOL, yes this pleases me

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Sometimes, the P:M thread is both informative and hilarious.

Akuma and him being a master troll reminds me of the "what trolls think trolling is vs what actually happens" image.

That is to say, everyone is tilting their heads at the screen and calmly calling him a moron.

Link just feels a lot better overall. Like, playing him in Melee makes me mad because of how small his range looks. His sword swings just look so small.

The sword between the games can't be the same length.

:phone:

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
So no one is interested in getting good with Link, really?

It's not the Link that makes the player, it's the player that makes the Link.

No johns. :alakadoof:
What does "No johns" mean?

Sorry I have a good idea but I've never heard it, but I have to say Melee Link is terrible

See lord HDL and Germ lool.
I've seen those guys, they're good, but it doesn't make Link any better

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Now I feel like playing the P:M demo again, better than Melee, plus I'm done with Skyward Sword, such an underwhelming game, definitely near the bottom of my favorite Zelda games list

Too bad all I have to play is the computer right now, ****, gonna try to get my friend to play again, I'm sick of him kicking my *** in SSF4 lol

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone help me with my issue?

If it helps any, I have Brawl+ and could use that selection screen but I don't know what file messes with these things.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The possibility of a Project Melee demo version 2 could be explored again. Even if there was like 2-5 playable characters I think alot of people would be happy. It would make a nice Christmas gift also.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'm willing to go the Eric Cartman way and just freeze myself until 2025. There's a good chance it'll be out by then right?

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
The possibility of a Project Melee demo version 2 could be explored again. Even if there was like 2-5 playable characters I think alot of people would be happy. It would make a nice Christmas gift also.
Apparently a second demo was supposed to be out already, but it got delayed or something.

Not that surprising, the first demo was delayed too. :(

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm not mad, don't worry about it.

it wasn't supposed to be on the Internet in the first place, so yeah, lol.

(Mind removing yours too, Jedi?)

Edit: Good, it was deleted, XD.

But yeah, we're not releasing the demo until it feels good. We don't want demo 2 to be as clunky as demo 1, do we?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Inb4 someone brings up a recent PM build they found on megaupload.

Ecks

Smash Lord
It'll be too late by then Vigilante. Once something hits the internet, it's as good as everywhere.

For example, I just made 20 copies of that log in 30 seconds. It has already reached the darkest corners of the net. :troll:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
It'll be too late by then Vigilante. Once something hits the internet, it's as good as everywhere.

For example, I just made 20 copies of that log in 30 seconds. It has already reached the darkest corners of the net. :troll:
Lol, I'm mostly teasing, but we'd prefer not letting this be shared around. We often talk about things that are very subject to change, lol.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Lol I don't think its as bad as last time so just ignore it, not many people would've known about it if it hadn't been given some attention on here....but it shouldn't matter anyway.

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
I actually found that log a month ago, so if I had wanted to be a real ******* I would've posted it then :troll:

Of course, that would have been a bad idea for a lot of reasons, so I didn't :awesome:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Well people in this thread do have a habit of blowing things out of proportion, but we've been through this nonsense before, so maybe people will learn nothing good will come out of making a big deal out of it a second time.

Ecks

Smash Lord
The problem is that its not always the same people blowing stuff out of proportion. It's something that's gonna keep on happening, and at least it shows the growing interest for this project.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Peef's pit is mediocre just like Leffen's everything.

As for the demo. Well I just would hate for this to lose hype is all. Demo would keep the hype train going for a bit. The demo version 1 is unplayable to me at this point.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'd just like to confirm that I will absolutely trash Spam Arrows at Project:M or Melee any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom