• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it'd suck if we had twenty scrubs complaining about their favorite move on this thread every time the PMBR made a tiny change.
LINK'S BAIR ANIMATION WAS CHANGED AND YOU CAN'T CHARGE THE SPIN! AND WTF WITH THE GALE RANG BEING CHANGED INTO SOMETHING USEFUL??
RAAAGEEEx20

Like that?

Ignore me. I'm in an overall stupid mood today.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Instead of duplicating Withdraw, you should have given Squirtle 2 Water Guns.

And made one of his specials Sky Attack.

Edit: Watching the recorded stream, I see that you've implemented one of the best things out of removing PT. You can now use a CSS design that's a 10x4 rectangle. That's something that I always wanted to do when I played modded vBrawl, but I couldn't because a good screen had 41 characters. It looks so much better than the old one now without any blank spaces.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Can we have that cool CSS background in the patch, or even better, a quickly edited version now just because I asked? :awesome:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It will indeed be included in the patch.

Also we aren't having any more CSS freezes! Wooo

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
Any Ideas for Ivy's Down B? since Squirt and Charizard already have one

EDIT: if theres not already a down b for Ivy

Ecks

Smash Lord
lol I remember when you guys changed Lucario's down b. And how about that time when Bowser got super armor for the first time. X_x

Things are private for a reason. A really good reason.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Privacy shouldn't really be necessary, but because the smash community can have a hard time accepting new ideas it has to be.

@ Strong Bad - that video hurt to watch lol!

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
it would appear that the random discoveries have ground to a halt for the time being. Any word on progress towards the patch? What's not complete yet? Is there really any plan to release a patch? Or will you just push through to the final release?

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
it would appear that the random discoveries have ground to a halt for the time being. Any word on progress towards the patch? What's not complete yet? Is there really any plan to release a patch? Or will you just push through to the final release?
Landing detection bugs - Replays and wifi are ****ed - wavedash out of shield doesn't work like melee

etc.

I don't think they have any reason to lie about a patch. Of course they'll release it.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
For Ivysaur down B... I'd probably think of Solar Beam...

Charge using down B, then release with down B. At the same time, I guess a problem would be to use it in midair. You might inadvertedly just fastfall.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
For Ivysaur down B... I'd probably think of Solar Beam...

Charge using down B, then release with down B. At the same time, I guess a problem would be to use it in midair. You might inadvertedly just fastfall.
Well, the same goes for a lot of moves. Link's bombs may cause you to fastfall suicide. Wavedashing to ledge hog may cause you to inadvertedly air dodge to your death. etc.

Solar Beam da bess.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Solarbeam sounds pretty good. I'd be even better if one could aim it in any direction. You could even aim it down to help recover a bit.

If that's not possible, I say try a standard solarbeam concept. Because solarbeam is just that cool.

:phone:

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
ivysaur and olimar both need work... they have garbage recoveries. id be testing out alternatives to their recovery before id even think about working out something with ivysaurs down-b. /joke heck with it, just make him evolve in beanasaur. /endjoke

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
+1 for ivysaur's aimable solar beam

the idea to have a charge move act additionally as a recovery boost is cool also, to make players have to really think about how they want to use that charge.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
ivysaur and olimar both need work... they have garbage recoveries. id be testing out alternatives to their recovery before id even think about working out something with ivysaurs down-b.
Thank you.

Technically, another option would be having his down-B help recovery. But unless it were some sort of uber recovery move he'd still be getting the short end of the stick with a teather Up-B.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Solarbeam sounds pretty good. I'd be even better if one could aim it in any direction. You could even aim it down to help recover a bit.

If that's not possible, I say try a standard solarbeam concept. Because solarbeam is just that cool.

:phone:
Solar beam's data from Triple Finish is in the Final Smash.pac file, meaning it cannot be accessed outside of Final Smash form, or the game will freeze since Solar beam's model is in there.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
Does that mean it can't be replicated in any way? Understandably it can't be a projectile, but creating something similar should be possible, I would think.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
what about doing something with his DownB to be something like his Ftilt or like a DK return but make it have grass animations so something like Leaf tornado or something idk just an idea. or maybe use the wind animation from Links vBrawl boomerang. just throwing out some ideas. Or hell even metas base B move just tone it down alot. lol.

E.Y. That sucks too bad theres not someway around it :(

D

Deleted member

How about a down-b for Ivy that uses Sleep/Poison Powders and Stun Spore randomly?

Use down-b and leave a spore cloud on the stage for a second or two depending on what kind it is.

Poison deals some decent percentage over time and lingers longest.

Sleep causes them to take damage and tumble if hits opponent in air and causes a tech on ground like Snake's dthrow and lasts a medium time frame

Stun Spore deals damage and paralyzes like ZSS stun and lasts a short time.

Indy pokemon are gonna be cooler than PT. Good call imo.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Solar beam's data from Triple Finish is in the Final Smash.pac file, meaning it cannot be accessed outside of Final Smash form, or the game will freeze since Solar beam's model is in there.
Wait, then how does Lucas repurpose Final Smash information?
And since Solar Beam has to be charged, would it be possible to have charging it trigger the Final Smash form? Is it possible to modify the Final Smash form to utilize Down-B rather than Neutral-B?
And, similar to how Brawl- modified the Super Scope for Ganondorf, could Deoxys's Hyper Beam be modified for Ivysaur?
(kaizo just made me take notice that you've been accepted as a playtester. Congratulations!)

The idea of making Ivysaur's Down-B a recovery-helping Solar Beam has been discussed on Smashmods:

[collapse="lots of words"]
rikana said:
I do have an idea for Ivy though. Animation shouldn't be too brutal as you can use some of the animations from his dAir.

Picture Diddy's upB but on Ivy. Instead of jetpacks obviously, Ivy would use the bulb. Ivy will flip around vertically. Allow Ivy to charge with his upB (to make it different.. maybe allow Ivy to save his charge like how Samus can charge her shot?) and if you do, the bulb should slowly get bigger (this part of the animation might be tedious and useless but it will differentiate dAir and upB), or make it flash, allowing Ivy to cover more distance. As soon as the player releases uses her upB, her bulb will burst open with pollen. But, to make it different from Diddy's, restrict the angles of Ivy's upB.. say, something between 45 to 90 degrees? Ivy still doesn't lose the feature of "crappy recovery" but at least he gets one that seems more "useful[?]" and is a little more Melee-like.. although Melee doesn't have chargeable upBs.

What will be interesting is that you can use Ivy's upB as an offensive move too. If fully charged, you can probably make it have high knockback (maybe a rest-like knockback? And before you say that's broken, the fact that you have to find time to charge it is already difficult enough. And if you use it as a recovery, you lose the knockback.) Any other charge level should be a waste as an offensive attack. This will make the player think twice before using it. In the end, Ivy's upB functions quite differently than Diddy's because you can save his upB charge which makes the learning curve of upB much deeper.
Cubelarooso said:
This is actually a pretty neat idea, particularly since the mechanics correspond fabulously with SolarBeam.

So, some more ideas for it to throw out there:
Obviously, if it were to be based upon SolarBeam, it'd need some major damage fall-off over distance, so it's still only really useful as a close range attack.
It could be made so that it can only be charged while on the ground, with no partial charges, and possibly even without the ability to cancel it. Thus, Ivysaur would still be highly reliant on the tether, retaining that bit of his playstyle, due to not wanting to waste it. It'd be helpful when out of tether range, but the player must be wary of wasting it since you get only one per recovery (and you probably wouldn't have a new one by next time). It'd also be a difficult decision between saving it for when it's needed, and using it now to kill your opponent, with the ever-present threat of whiffing. Overall, this'd make it more akin to Wario's Waft than Diddy's Rocketbarrel.
Another possibility would to use it for the solo Ivy's Down-B.
kokingpin said:
I think this is a really neat Idea. Maybe make Ivy's up be Solarbeam. You can charge it on stage, but it would be a very vertical recovery almost straight up like Luigi in Melee style. With more Vertical distance. While on the stage you can fire it upward as sort of an Anti air that you can Aim at certain angles.
[/collapse]

I would say that giving a new and unique recovery option to a character commonly criticized for his recovery, while at the same time keeping the recovery limited, is an adequate replacement for the switching mechanic.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Is it possible to make a combo counter like in other fighting games (training mode has one that sort of works)?
I was thinking it could be a neat idea, maybe for an optional feature.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Is it possible to make a combo counter like in other fighting games (training mode has one that sort of works)?
I was thinking it could be a neat idea, maybe for an optional feature.
That would be kinda funny... not really nececary, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom