• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I still think the B+ approach is the best one.

Ability to choose indy Pokemon or the Trainer.
Indies have no DownB and thus can't transform.
Trainer can transform, but has auto-switch on death.
No stamina and all the other fixes.

This is best for several reasons, I think:

1. Indy transformation characters without a DownB are not at a disadvantage by missing out on a moveslot. We all remember Melee Sheik and she will be making a grand return in P:M anyway. This will be no different for the indy Pokemon.

2. If you want to master only Zelda or only Sheik, you don't have a choice, you WILL be losing out on a moveslot. This will be no different for the indy Pokemon.
Unless we are deciding to split Zelda and Sheik now and give them both brand new DownB moves, which I HIGHLY doubt will happen... so...

3. Mastering Zelda+Sheik means you gain CP advantage at the loss of a moveslot. This will be no different for the Trainer.
However, an extra character is an extra CP advantage and thus necessitates another drawback. This drawback is the auto-switch on death. This is also a canonically sensible mechanic.

So, as a question of consistency and concept, I would be disappointed to have 3 separate characters with 3 separate DownB's and no access to the Trainer as a transformation character. He is what I feel best embodies the Pokemon franchise in Smash and is one of my favorite characters to use in that fashion. But I would LOVE a model and voice swap to be able to play a female Trainer. Pretty please?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889

1. Indy transformation characters without a DownB are not at a disadvantage by missing out on a moveslot. We all remember Melee Sheik and she will be making a grand return in P:M anyway. This will be no different for the indy Pokemon.

2. If you want to master only Zelda or only Sheik, you don't have a choice, you WILL be losing out on a moveslot. This will be no different for the indy Pokemon.
Unless we are deciding to split Zelda and Sheik now and give them both brand new DownB moves, which I HIGHLY doubt will happen... so...

3. Mastering Zelda+Sheik means you gain CP advantage at the loss of a moveslot. This will be no different for the Trainer.
However, an extra character is an extra CP advantage and thus necessitates another drawback. This drawback is the auto-switch on death. This is also a canonically sensible mechanic.

So, as a question of consistency and concept, I would be disappointed to have 3 separate characters with 3 separate DownB's and no access to the Trainer as a transformation character. He is what I feel best embodies the Pokemon franchise in Smash and is one of my favorite characters to use in that fashion. But I would LOVE a model and voice swap to be able to play a female Trainer. Pretty please?
good enough for me... again its one of those situations where its either you get 1 character or you get 3 new down B moves. I personally say stay with the B+ aspect due to as stated above you get more options in your game of what you want to do.

Rikana

Smash Champion
We can give the pokemon individual downBs if we do indy pokes. We cannot give them downBs if we stick with PT.
Individual pokemons please. I'm sure many would be excited for new downBs as well. It will be a lot of work but I honestly think it will be worth it.

Edit: I recently tried to log in IRC and I'm still banned. Still never understood why though because last time I was in IRC, I left manually without really saying anything.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Not necessarily. The person has to also be good with the three. One could also take into account counterpicks by taking skill wih individual Pokemons in consideration. Of course, that would require knowing something about the player.

I'm on the down B camp, just because I think one transformation character is sufficient. BUT, I can understand the reason why some like PT as a transformaiton character.
I think it doesn't fit considering that you already have pokemon that fight freely by themselves. If we keep PT then why not just put puff, Pika, and Lucario into 1 character also >_>....

BUT!If PT's Zard, Squirt, or Ivy. got their own downB what would they be?

My Ideas~~~~~~~~~

Charizard: Inferno/Overheat/Flare Blitz Basically a move that you could cover yourself in fire with. Maybe like fox's upB but with fire surrounding him. In the air it could even be used to Flame-stall

Squirtle:Rapid Spin? maybe? Brine would be cool...even if the effects were kept :cool:.

also: I think replace his watergun with bubble beam(because watergun is super effective in melee settings) The bubbles can fly out randomly and stun a person if in the air but not push them way away.

Ivysaur: Sleep Powder/GrassWhistle (A useful sleep move unlike puffs sing that will increase in duration as Ivy increases in damage.....maybe?)

Petal Dance would also be interesting and depending on how it's made could possibly be used for air-stalling for a bit.

Rest?:awesome:

Also: his side-B should have both razor leaf and Magic leaf(made into a heat seeking move similar to what samus has..)

PT...if he's not done away with(I still feel he should be)

IF you decide to keep PT but SOMEHOW manage to swap the change Pokemon move with a taunt or something....then you could still give them all down B's...the Pledges. Fire, Water, Grass...that would be awesome!(by awesome i mean ghey)

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
Why PT should remain 1 character?
-Uniqueness
-It won't be op, sheik and zelda aren't so PT shouldn't be eigther, also:
-They will be used as 3 diferent characters anyway and very few people will use them as a team. Down b is to slow and punishable, it requires you to learn 3 diferent playstyles and change playstyle during a match wich is by no way easy, is like a double-edged sword trying to use the 3 pkm eficently
-They have flaws even with 3 diferent movesets at their disposal, one being recovery, its not like sheik who can trasforn into zelda in mid air to recover. Their 3 up b's are predictable and gimpable
-Make it that they dosen't auto-switwh on death except if you keep pressed b or something. Also remove stamina and fire-water-grass weakness
-They don't need down bs, melee sheik didn't need it, ganondorf dosen't need utilt, mario dosen't need dtilt...

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Except that the voice actors for Falco, Wolf and Fox are not the N64 ones. They are just not good ones. Ike is also pretty bad. Snake is giid but that's expected if David Hayter.

Still, ghetto Brooklyn Falco, nasal Fox and American pirate Wolf lower the balance. Ike is about as bad as in his game.
I like the brawl voices better than the melee voices (*refers to victory*), but the 64 voices for the spacies were great. Obviously, since Smash 64 only has Fox and he didn't "say" much in game, I'm talking about StarFox 64 - as I imagine you were. However, if you took the awesome voice and dialogue clips from StarFox 64 and tried to add them into brawl, you're still working with lower sound qualities and less sfx material. Imo, the brawl voices are fine and adding throwback lines and sfx from ST64 into the game would be more of a cosmetic/optional, albeit epic, change. Wolf for instance... I actually don't mind his voice in brawl. His British snob voice from ST64 is a classic, but I never really liked it - ("British Snob Badguy" is such an overdone stereotype and I thought it was silly, xD). Heh... Falco just sounds more like 64's Andrew of StarWolf than his 64 self. Neither of their brawl voices bother me though. Realistically, I think they ought to just keep them - already in game and best sound quality (if not best voice acting). Plus, personally, I've just gotten used to them sounding like they do.

Ike's speaking voice does sound bored/boring, (lol). But... he "fights for his friends"... isn't that enough? :p

Also, David Hayter's voice acting is "tasty".

I never understood why they didn't just make two, same-frame grab collisions just cancel each other, go right through each other, or cause the characters to go into their grab release animation. As for Bowser-ciding, they shouldn't have ever bothered with the port priority and just gave him the ****ing win.
I agree. But since Bowser doesn't have his "cide" anymore and is unlikely to get it back for aerial side B, it's no longer a concern for him... but there is Ganon. The grab release thing makes sense as well - if it can be implemented.

Don't have much of an opinion on PT, but I find that I pretty much agree with everything you said - makes logical sense. And I agree that the female trainer thing would be cool if it could be made to look good, and easily added in as an alt costume or something. 300 posts... SK would appreciate that >.>

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Imo individual Pokemon would be the best.

If PT is to be kept fatigue/stamina and auto switch upon death should be removed, so it's basically similar to Zelda/Sheik.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Just to be clarified, Wolf, like fox and falco has invincibility on reflector, intangible as magus said, in both brawl and brawl+, however it's not in the first frame as the other two.

He has no armor in the move.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I remember the devs saying that they arent going to cut PT for reasons I don't remember but this was a loooooong time ago (probably like 3-4 months after it got announced) so **** could change.

:phone:

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
I remember the devs saying that they arent going to cut PT for reasons I don't remember but this was a loooooong time ago (probably like 3-4 months after it got announced) so **** could change.

Well thats when adding Down Bs was impossible.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
If PT is cut I will be very sad. The individual pokemon don't hold enough character weight to warrant slots of their own. I think the character roster should be held to a very high standard.
But, maybe I'm just biased cause TheReflexWonder is in my region.
And I swear ppl cry OP on these boards on every time a unique character idea shows up.
Snake wasn't OP.
Lucario won't be OP.
switching pokemon won't be OP.
none of these characters have a 1 frame, jump cancelable, spike. X|

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Just to be clarified, Wolf, like fox and falco has invincibility on reflector, intangible as magus said, in both brawl and brawl+, however it's not in the first frame as the other two.

He has no armor in the move.
By the way, I told toaster he should ask you to go through with his idea... Make a combo video called "Sonic the Ledge Hog".

Also, I am for individual Pokemon trainers, and that will piss off my best friend, XD. But if a clone engine is ever done, i would really consider cloned Pokemons with down Bs and PKMN trainer left optional.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nah I thought of a name that on the surface is a silly pun (in the same vein as "It's M-azing!") but has a deeper meaning beyond that. I think it's pretty clever anyway. You'll see soon enough, within the week hopefully.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Hey monk or Jc can either of you guys upload your songs. I had to format my drive and I lost all my old songs from B+ . Or if anyone has a good sound track plz post

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
JCaesar has a giant zip of all his BRSTMs somewhere. Also, I cannot upload all of my songs because half of them are in my SD card and the other half are burned into my ISO of Brawl. :laugh: I don't want to take all that time to get them out of the ISO D: I would rather have ST post our song list.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Lmao. I should start watching FT just for the music, since I already read the manga. lol

I blame all this offtopicness on the live thread!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, I just downloaded Jay_Phenrix's Excell organzer from brawlvault and copy-pasted.

Also, if it's the music choice, I look at the streams of others, add, remove stuff a lot. But I'm being a little conservative about it because the stage list is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom