• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sounds disappointing.
Hopes ECSS3 is better.

I'm looking forward to more progress on DAE to Mdl0 so I can make import moar stages from MGS2, FFX, etc.

Back on topic, are any of you close to finding out what determines ledge occupancy?

Ecks

Smash Lord
So BrawlMasquerade is the official name for the slot engine then?

Also, I think the reason attacks feel stronger in Melee is because the camera shakes more when you hit an opponent (plus the zooming). Brawl's only shakes a bit. Then again, I couldn't play Melee much today, so I'm not 100% sure >_>

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Well, since we will receive a patch before the Final Product, I doubt that the Clone-Engine is their priority right now.

They should be aiming for as much Melee behavior on the chars of the DEMO before anything else.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Judging by that video i'd assume its going to only be 1 extra slot per character, but 1 is better then none

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
If you actually read the blog post about it on Brawl Vault, it'd tell you that it makes it possible to have up to 10 costumes on one character, as opposed to the regular 5 or 6.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Oh, didn't know he posted something about it there, well thats even better news then, especially adding pikachu costumes, srsly why did he get the shaft when it came to costumes

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
But no more Ol' West Pikachu :c

Err, where was that confirmed? I'm not really willing to follow any of this until Nintendo makes an official announcement.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Wii2 controller confirmed to be 'like gamecube'
I read today it was like an touch tablet with a few buttons, which kinda sucked, gamecube-like would be nice, or at least a more traditional controller.
Could you post a link?

Spoon~

Smash Ace
A lot of controllers have “dual analog sticks in addition to standard d-pad and trigger buttons." Doesn't mean it'll be anything like the gc controller. Not to mention the fact that it'll have a 6 inch screen? fail.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
quick question

What code/file makes the loader for gecko work through stage builder? do I just move boot.elf to the root of the SD card? and will custom music work this way? I got rid of homebrew..

thanks in advance =D

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
the controller will have a touch screen? highest priced controller in video game history confirmed.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
"It’ll mirror a Gamecube controller in general function but not in specific form."

Herp a derp, Spoon~.
Ok, i can think of a lot of contorllers that can mimic the gc controller by that description...“dual analog sticks in addition to standard d-pad and trigger buttons."

HMMMM id say the ps2/3 controller has 2 analog sticks, a standard d pad and trigger buttons. What about xbox/360 controllers? Dang those have them too.

Just because it says it'll mirror the controller doesnt mean **** if it has a 6 inch screen on it and doesnt mimic its form.

Derp derp derp

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Why would they bother mentioning the GC controller at all if, as you say, the same comparison could be made with nearly any current controller?
Why would they bother to mention it at all if it doesn't resemble it in any way but functionality? My point is anything with 2 analog sticks, a d-pad and trigger buttons can mirror the functionality of a gc controller.

Dang check out this controller! It mirrors the gcc in functionality but not form!

Krack

Smash Rookie
When playing with snake today in the demo, I noticed that you could forward Tilt A almost indefinately if you slowly did the first hit. After testing this out on a few characters I had my brother try and tech out of it. he could not get tech it if I remained in the perfect pace. I don't have any one else to test this with, so I wanted to bring it to your attention. Sorry if this has been brought up before.

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
""what is this melee postbit buiness..can anyone give a link to it or tell me about it"

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Postbits are the things next to your name.

They've made a recent change that you can have your Melee main as well as your Brawl main there.

And Krack, assuming Snake's Ftilt works the same way as in Brawl (haven't played the demo in a while), you can escape via DI.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
A lot of controllers have “dual analog sticks in addition to standard d-pad and trigger buttons." Doesn't mean it'll be anything like the gc controller. Not to mention the fact that it'll have a 6 inch screen? fail.
When yoy say "Gamecube controller with a screen", I imagine this with a screen instead of the keyboard:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom