• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Once I findr the perfect next song I'll see about drafting up our next trailer.
Good to hear. Now about those blog posts...joking, take your time.

*Cue people bombarding the thread with song suggestions*

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
But you were a brawl player before Project M! D:
1. No, I was a Brawl+ player before Project M. I was a Brawl player before I became a Brawl+ player. Chronologically speaking ;).

2. Just because a drug addict has done cocaine before doesn't mean that he'll do it again after rehab. I mean, no one ever falls off the wagon, right?

Right...?

...ok, perhaps that's not the best metaphor.

Edit: @JCz, if you did boot up vBrawl after 2009, maybe you'd know that there was a Golden Sun song on Norfair ;).

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Obligatory picture of girls playing Project M:
You can't actually see them holding the controllers!

Once I findr the perfect next song I'll see about drafting up our next trailer.
Oh, no wait! I got the perfect song! I found this whole forum devoted to it the Friday before last, but it seems to be gone, now…
…Wait, what was the song's name again…?
I'll get back to you on that. I'll probably remember it before Friday.

Um, last I checked Mewtwo and Mew have never had a gender. Even check Serebii, it says genderless under both Mewtwo and Mew.
Well, either that simply means that they have a gender but it's indeterminable (the Japanese use the term "ふめい" (as seen here and here) instead of "genderless"), or that mew went through unthinkable agony.
Personally, I prefer the former. Besides, where's Mewtwo supposed to gestate? In a box?
Another interesting note is that Mewtwo's birthday is February 6, which in 1998, the year Pokémon came to America, was on a Friday.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is a clone, and the mew it was cloned from is mentioned in the Cinnabar logs as having given birth, meaning the mew was female, so as its clone, Mewtwo must be female. So that's another woman down the pipes.
Um, last I checked Mewtwo and Mew have never had a gender. Even check Serebii, it says genderless under both Mewtwo and Mew.
Well, either that simply means that they have a gender but it's indeterminable (the Japanese use the term "ふめい" (as seen here and here) instead of "genderless"), or that mew went through unthinkable agony.
Personally, I prefer the former. Besides, where's Mewtwo supposed to gestate? In a box?
Another interesting note is that Mewtwo's birthday is February 6, which in 1998, the year Pokémon came to America, was on a Friday.

Ridiculous conversation...

First of all, we're talking about pokemon cloning/genders as if they are real... lol.

Secondly, even if you were to take a "real world" approach to the pseudoscience of Pokemon, then the limitation you've put on cloning and such are unjustified. A clone can be made male and can gestate withing the womb of a surrogate. Again, however, remember the first point lol - we are talking about Pokemon :p.

Thirdly, asexual creatures are capable of reproducing... (ah the "lols").

Lastly, I believe that Mewtwo was if fact gestated in some sort of container - at least according to the Pokemon anime, and we know how many scientists they had over looking the production of that film xD.

Did I mention we're talking about Pokemon.. ?

Edit:
But yeah, there should've been more female representation in brawl.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Well what else are we supposed to talk about?
Project M... ?

But I don't mind amusing little divergent conversations like that previous one. After all, people would go a little crazy if all they could talk about is the project as it is.

Here's a notion, brainstorm some Olimar ideas like yesterday. I think you guys barely scratched the surface. Specifically, his recovery. He should still use his pikmin like a tether I'm thinking, but maybe more to function like ICs Belay. How's that for a start?

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
Hey guys Olimar is very cool lets talk about how cool he his and also what can be done to make him cooler.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Since I got off topic with "mistakes"

Here's a notion, brainstorm some Olimar ideas like yesterday. I think you guys barely scratched the surface. Specifically, his recovery. He should still use his pikmin like a tether I'm thinking, but maybe more to function like ICs Belay. How's that for a start?

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Project M... ?
Oh…

So, is Project: M male or female?

Maybe since his Neutral-B does nothing in the air it could be turned into a recovery move?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Oh, I got an idea. Olimar need a recovery option when he doesn't have pikmin first off - maybe make aerial neutral B do something. When Olimar does have pikimin however, they create a diagonal chain as usual that can grab the ledge. But if there is no ledge to grab, the pikmin at the end of the line tosses the rest up. This would be a relatively weak recovery usually, with one exception - if you had a purple pikmin. A purple pikmin would always be at the end of the chain if you had one, and it would be able to throw Olimar as high as an IC does with Belay. Pretty cool huh?

Edit:
Oh you got the neurtal B idea out before me, lol

Edit2:
Oh…

So, is Project: M male or female?
It is Super Smash Brothers, right... ?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
AFAIK that tether idea is not possible at all.
ICs use a very similar mechanic. I can see the purple pikmin thing being a bit of a hang up, but otherwise it's nothing that couldn't be figured out given a bit of time and some modders putting their heads together I bet. Might take a while, but as far as ideas go, I think it stays true to how Olimar works while giving him better options.

And as far as possible goes, whenever I question whether something is possible or not in the modding scene, I just think back to what was possible 2 years ago. Not that we'd want to wait that long for one mechanic, but I doubt a bit of effort wouldn't figure that out much sooner.

Would be nice to hear what the devs have planned for Olimar. What have they been maybe playing around with as far as ideas go. Obviously they don't want to put a bunch of work into something they might not use, but who knows - at least I don't.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
i thought youtube stopped doing that in favour of noting 'song: ______ by artist: ________' below the video :confused:
Not exactly. Their legal team is full of noobs, like what this song says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lFfF5XLsCQ&feature=fvwrel

If you decide on music, please please please let it not be a licensed song. Stick to VG music(Guitar Hero and Rock Band don't count) and OC remix.

so no blogpost? :( I was looking forward to it. oh well, I hope you can give us one this week!
You should look up sporadic.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Song should be "MadSkillz - Mic Chekka" by BT.

But what would be really fitting though, would be some sort of Melee remix.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
If you want to convert Brawl players to P:M, I know what the trailer should be.
Feature every character zero-to-deathing Meta Knight. Song should be "Meta Knight da Bess."
It might not make MK mains convert, but no one likes them them anyway. :p

An Alien

Smash Rookie
If you want to convert Brawl players to P:M, I know what the trailer should be.
Feature every character zero-to-deathing Meta Knight. Song should be "Meta Knight da Bess."
It might not make MK mains convert, but no one likes them them anyway. :p
lol ^^

10lols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom