• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Okay, after playing more. I am convinced that this mod has no flaws (apart from things not implemented yet). It took a bit of getting used to jigglypuff to play effectively, but I did it.

The one thing I have left to question is what the exact point of zelda's new side B is. I think the old one may have been overpowered, but I think the new one may be a bit underpowered and easily avoided. Can I get any words on the rationale of this?

Also, How is landing detection progressing? I think it is the single thing most holding this mod back compared to melee.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I don't know if this has been addressed before but throws in general seems to have alot more stun than in melee. I was playing with my friends falco as sheik and he couldn't jump out of bthrow nearly as early as in melee.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I don't know if this has been addressed before but throws in general seems to have alot more stun than in melee. I was playing with my friends falco as sheik and he couldn't jump out of bthrow nearly as early as in melee.
its not the throw.. there just isnt any situational buffer

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just the ability to control space that the new Din's has is enough to warrant saying they're better than Melee's.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Thank you very much. My trouble with it is that it never seems to hit. In videos I have watched of project M Zelda, it never seems to hit there either. And it is not very powerful either.

I mean, I'm not going to argue that it's not better, I'm just questioning why the move is so much harder to hit with. I kind of don't see the point. I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

And on my other question, how is landing detection progressing? Who is working on it? And how much progress has been made?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It doesn't have to hit. Samus' missiles don't hit good players often; their sole purpose is to control space and limit options for a player who doesn't want to be hit by them, thereby increasing Samus' chances of beating their now limited options.

High level play and all that.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Okay, that makes sense. I simply wanted to doublecheck. I guess they have been changed in playstyle a lot to become a different type of move.

Sorry, I posted this last page twice, but I think I should post it again. How is landing detection progressing? Who is working on it? And how much progress has been made?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It isn't progressing right now. It's one of those things where we can't really work toward it; there will just be a "break through" where Dantarion or Magus find it, if it happens.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Thank you very much. My trouble with it is that it never seems to hit. In videos I have watched of project M Zelda, it never seems to hit there either. And it is not very powerful either.

I mean, I'm not going to argue that it's not better, I'm just questioning why the move is so much harder to hit with. I kind of don't see the point. I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

And on my other question, how is landing detection progressing? Who is working on it? And how much progress has been made?
I'd like to point out that I played a Zelda and the person was spamming din's fire and none of them hit me at all lol.

i said spamming so it's definitely not space controlling haha

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
imo there is no question that zelda is better then her melee counterpart, but i still feel she cant keep up with the old top characters. if project M turns out like melee it will be the characters with ether fast moves, fast movement, or both which will be the best and i atm dont think zelda can keep up. Now i might be wrong since i just might not fully understand what has been changed about her since my sd card is broken so i have not had much time with the game and her page is not up on smashmods yet. Maybe when i play her more and i get to better understand her changes i will feel differently but right now she seems to low in a game which often comes down to speed.
What happened to this v2.0 patch, any new characters? But to the above quote, they have to be careful with Zelda b/c they could make her beastly, she has all the strengths of her melee and brawl counterpart, and a lot more. My main complaint is fsmash is retardedly hard to hit and can be di'ed out of from many different angles, all problems she inhereted from her previous builds. And if it can be di'ed out of, it is, for the most part, useless when you hit the person in those angles (unless they DI towards you).

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Someone tested it today, Project M definitely does not work on Micro SD cards. Just for general interest.
Mine runs on a micro sd + adapter from c.f.g usb loader with gx draw ocarina cheats... just so you know

edit: sorry it had been answered b4 XD i just didnt read it got like SAY WHAT? and had to post a reply.... hugs

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The demo update coming in the next 24 hours will not include any new characters.

We can't crank 'em out that quickly, guys.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Still we all <3 you and wish you good luck so you finish fast with ur awesome awesome mod =]

sorry kinda drunk....

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Mainly bugs such as a collision error on the underside of battlefield, marth upB landing on fr 22 sliding a large distance, Lucas downward airdodfe being able to be interrupted into specials, etc. These will all be fixed in the patch.

jalued

Smash Lord
Sorry to flog a dead horse but...

the sheik dthrow change (to PAL) would not really be a nerf. Its more of a slight change of playstyle in favour of a massive gameplay and metagame boost, that makes sheik a much more interesting character.

Im sure its hard to understand if you have never played PAL, but i have played both and sheik becomes a whole lot more fun because of it. I suggest that the testers at least try it out to see how it affects her gameplay, but i think that it will help to boost interest in what seems to be a mostly unplayed character (in NTSC melee professional level)

leelue

Smash Lord
Man... so there will soon be a video of a Sonic everyone needs to see. I mean, it is like the wombo combo of project m.

Mombo combo.

I'll let you know when its up.
Just generating interest.
Cuz that sheet was crazy.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
What happened to this v2.0 patch, any new characters? But to the above quote, they have to be careful with Zelda b/c they could make her beastly, she has all the strengths of her melee and brawl counterpart, and a lot more. My main complaint is fsmash is retardedly hard to hit and can be di'ed out of from many different angles, all problems she inhereted from her previous builds. And if it can be di'ed out of, it is, for the most part, useless when you hit the person in those angles (unless they DI towards you).
I'm pretty sure the only way Fsmash can be escaped from commonly is if the opponent falls into the hitboxes at a certain weird angles. However any "straight on hits" with Fsmash will probably not be escape-able.

Unfortunately there will always be instances of Fsmash being escaped, but they're pretty rare in the first place. It's close to the best you can get really.

And of Zelda being beastly, although yes, this is probably the best version of Zelda across all versions of Smash, she was pretty low to begin with. She'll probably never even touch the top tier/high tier section, due to inherent mobility and speed issues which are a pretty big downside that's hard to get around.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Jalued if i remember correctly, the P:M team already tried Sheik PAL d-throw many months ago and for whatever reason they ended up going with NTSC. So it's not like they didn't give a try it, i'm sure it was all within good reason

plus, like JC mentioned....it's not exactly ntsc d-throw

APartofNothing

Smash Apprentice
I just tried to get on the chat and it said I was banned. Maybe I missed something, or could someone tell me why I am banned?

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
No pound for me, last minute johns. Its a shame really, wanted to see everybody again, maybe I'll be able to go to the next major tourney with PM, whenever that is.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i been playing Lucas alot lately. He is definitely up there on the list. My only concern is how awful DJC is atm. I'm sure its been addressed before but i just wanted to point how late his djc cancels the aerials making them very slow and very high off the ground (even at a very fast double jump) i rather just short hop his aerials in the current state.

i'm wondering if it has to do with Lucas's "zappy" jumps or maybe the start-up lag on his aerials........or if you guys simply just approached his DJC in a different manner, because Yoshi's and Ness's DJC have proven to work in a more Melee fashion

shanus

Smash Hero
i been playing Lucas alot lately. He is definitely up there on the list. My only concern is how awful DJC is atm. I'm sure its been addressed before but i just wanted to point how late his djc cancels the aerials making them very slow and very high off the ground (even at a very fast double jump) i rather just short hop his aerials in the current state.

i'm wondering if it has to do with Lucas's "zappy" jumps or maybe the start-up lag on his aerials........or if you guys simply just approached his DJC in a different manner, because Yoshi's and Ness's DJC have proven to work in a more Melee fashion
We reworked DJC in the patch. You will be happy. Patch notes will explain in a bit.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
just as i expected...u guys are awesome ;)

EDIT:
just like to point out that i've hated Lucas in vbrawl and any other brawl mod.....and now i can't stop playing him o.e

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Game and Watch is so awesome, btw. It takes everything I liked about Brawl GaW and ports it over to Melee, well.

shanus

Smash Hero
to clarify the DJC:

-Lucas' DJC has been adjusted to decay in potency the later the aerial is performed during his jump. Initial DJC's will be able to be done closer to the ground. The DJC remains optional such that a DJC can be initiated by letting go of jump prior to the aerial starting or now also within the first 2 frames of initiating the aerial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom