• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
so most brawl characters were illegal last night because they are not fully melee-ized yet? all i saw last night in the case of brawl was sonic(sweet shadow spikes) charizard, squirtle , rob, mk i think thats it. just wonderin.
The only unplayable characters were Dedede, Ivysaur, Pit, and Olimar.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
im interested in ddd although i dont expect to get any answers(not a bad thing) is ddd just trying to be melee-ized? if so what is holding him back?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Speaking of Pit, have you got anything intresting lined up for him?
Pretty sure anything related to these four characters is strictly hush hush because literally NO ideas for them are set in stone. I'm sure ideas are welcome for these characters.

For Pit's Side B, I thought a very short range "Boomerang" attack might be neat. Something like what Youmu (The one in black) uses at 1:33 in this vid, but with one angel ring circle going out and coming back, with a small timeframe to jump IASA once it reaches its furthest point, and a weaker hitbox on the way back.

As for Ivy, I just want to see that she stays a "keepaway" defensive character who gets combos off of punishments and carefully aimed attacks rather than by offensive pressure.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^Indeed it is awesome.

Im asking this question again: Will the installation require dragging and dropping folders onto the stick, then loading it with Gecko?
Yes it will.
false.
you will not have to drag & drop anything; the installer will do that.
Speaking of Pit, have you got anything intresting lined up for him?
are you kidding me? have you not paid attention to the past... any amount of pages? people ask this at least twice a week and the answer is always "We will let you know."

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Thnx again for the link :)

For Pit's Side B, I thought a very short range "Boomerang" attack might be neat. Something like what Youmu (The one in black) uses at 1:33 in this vid, but with one angel ring circle going out and coming back, with a small timeframe to jump IASA once it reaches its furthest point, and a weaker hitbox on the way back.
I love that game and samurai girl is my favorite XD

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I'm currently at the tournament looking for a place to set up P:M. JCz isn't here yet though, but he should be showing up shortly. We'll find out what's going on with doubles when he gets here. Unfortunately we won't be streaming this since the main Brawl touney has its stream up for the rest of the day.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i dunno, any truly good character should be able to apply some at least garnishing pressure. ivy should be no different. still, i agree about her defensive game, but she had to spam a lot of razor leaves in b+. being able to clank them, though, at melee speed, that can't be her main game. i think her grab range and move range will turn out to be her greatest strengths, especially the ones that lead into junk like bair and kinda fair.

and the nice leading nair that combos so well. and the uair/dair momentum shifters. ivy looks like a short sword wielder with heavy emphasis on mixups. or something

edit: that's too bad about the stream...oh well.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
What I am wondering is whether it will be usable with later versions of the Wii. While mine is modded, I was unable to play Brawl+ no matter what I did. In the tournament feed, I could see that it was run through a Brawl + channel, which is why I was wondering.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
What I am wondering is whether it will be usable with later versions of the Wii. While mine is modded, I was unable to play Brawl+ no matter what I did. In the tournament feed, I could see that it was run through a Brawl + channel, which is why I was wondering.
Same here.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
there's suppose to be a another P:M tourney today according to Redhal.....he said he would post a link to the stream here

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
brawl+ channel just leads directly to Gecko OS.
im sure there was some sort of an issue on your SD card. let me know when PM is released w/ installer if you still have problems.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Thanks, mate, so it's a fast way to load it, I see.

I think it's because my Gecko version may have been too recent for Brawl+. I got the latest one. I got it running, but it glitched as soon as I'd start up a match.

Once Project M is out, I'll be sure to report any bug I find. :)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
You might want to make a backup of your SD card and install it again following the official site instruction, but that's what I did and I didn't get far at all. Keep in mind though, you have to run the updater or you'll never get it going. I really can't help any more than that ^^.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Chu's Kirby is so scary. Glad to finally see Kirby looking good since his Smash 64 days.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Anyone else think they should do what they did with Sonic and give other characters different costumes if possible? Like Mario in a Hammer Bros costume would be cool. And Mr. L Luigi, which we've seen before.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Anyone else think they should do what they did with Sonic and give other characters different costumes if possible? Like Mario in a Hammer Bros costume would be cool. And Mr. L Luigi, which we've seen before.
I think theyll leave the textures to standard, then let you skin it anyway you want.

EDIT: I genuinely hope that the PAL version of Project M comes with an installer.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
I would like different race suits on sonic or PSO suits If they would keep that tournament based, but I like the new metal sonic, final shadow, and mephelis.... and mighty models O____O;

G

genkaku

"I genuinely hope that the PAL version of Project M comes with an installer."

I think we get it, haha.

Revven

FrankerZ
I would like different race suits on sonic or PSO suits If they would keep that tournament based, but I like the new metal sonic, final shadow, and mephelis.... and mighty models O____O;
Let me clear this up:

The only textures that will be included in PM will be team color ones for characters that didn't have good team colors (ex: Red Sonic, Red Squirtle, Green Charizard) and any Melee character textures (which would of course be optional, for example Melee Ganondorf). The Melee textures wouldn't be forced on anyone and neither would the team colors, but the team colors would likely be enforced for tournaments (since you know... it makes sense).

Hope that clears it up for you, we're not going to include a crapload of random textures, especially ones that detract from the match.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Let me clear this up:

The only textures that will be included in PM will be team color ones for characters that didn't have good team colors (ex: Red Sonic, Red Squirtle, Green Charizard) and any Melee character textures (which would of course be optional, for example Melee Ganondorf). The Melee textures wouldn't be forced on anyone and neither would the team colors, but the team colors would likely be enforced for tournaments (since you know... it makes sense).

Hope that clears it up for you, we're not going to include a crapload of random textures, especially ones that detract from the match.
Sounds good to me, btw I think the melee models are awesome. It really helps the look of ganon imo :)

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Let me clear this up:

Sounds like a good idea. At this point in time, Im attempting to skin every character in the Game, save for a few, myself.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
Let me clear this up:

Out of curiosity, wasn't the Melee Ganon a model change? And weren't characters from Melee going to be resized to their Melee forms, so would those who needed resizing be mandatory or what?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Out of curiosity, wasn't the Melee Ganon a model change? And weren't characters from Melee going to be resized to their Melee forms, so would those who needed resizing be mandatory or what?
Um...No. Melee Ganon is just a vertex hack of Brawl Ganon. A very damn good one at that. It's not a model change or import or whatever you're thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom