• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
To SHELL:

Your 'He's back' Falco art looks really, really cool. I wanna make it into a shirt though, without the lettering. Do you happen to have the raw file with the image before words/abstract splat? I'd keep the splat but it seems like itd be difficult to replicate on a shirt.

If you don't want me doing this, i guess just say so, which is fine.
I want this shirt. :bee:

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Awesome, thanks shell =) i'll leave a little spot on the shirt for your name if you want sum credit

@m0nk. haha, it's going to be a dope shirt, if i end up finishing it, i'll post it here for sure :]

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
"Good.
I shall now keep a close eye on this story's comments to laugh at the wavedashers and Fox/Final Destination 'Stop Having Fun' Guys"

.......... i so want to kick this guy in the face. i stopped reading comments at that point because i've already raged once today and i don't need it to happen again.

Seriously. They're so damn ignorant. If they want to play with items then just play with ****ing items. Casual players will play casually whether the game is balanced competitively or not so it's pretty damn stupid to ruin the whole game for their sake. I highly doubt the casual players loved melee/64 as much as the competitive players. So sakurai goes stabs the half of the fanbase that truly loves the game for the sake of stupid little prats who beat level 9's 50% of the time and decide they're pro.

proof of their stupidity: I saw one comment on something a while ago saying marth's melee chain grab was more broken than falco's vbrawl chain grab because "he uses up throw. that makes no sense."
those type of people disgust me >_>
/mad

So did Ike ever get the down smash thing? And is he getting a new uptilt animation or no?

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
"Good.
I shall now keep a close eye on this story's comments to laugh at the wavedashers and Fox/Final Destination 'Stop Having Fun' Guys"

.......... i so want to kick this guy in the face. i stopped reading comments at that point because i've already raged once today and i don't need it to happen again.

Seriously. They're so damn ignorant. If they want to play with items then just play with ****ing items. Casual players will play casually whether the game is balanced competitively or not so it's pretty damn stupid to ruin the whole game for their sake. I highly doubt the casual players loved melee/64 as much as the competitive players. So sakurai goes stabs the half of the fanbase that truly loves the game for the sake of stupid little prats who beat level 9's 50% of the time and decide they're pro.

proof of their stupidity: I saw one comment on something a while ago saying marth's melee chain grab was more broken than falco's vbrawl chain grab because "he uses up throw. that makes no sense."
those type of people disgust me.
/mad
Dont worry about it:

EDIT: Does anyone happen to think that this is going to be an excellent late christmas/early birthday present?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The physics are looking very close as far as I can tell. The biggest issue now is very underdeveloped characters. I can imagine that going quite a bit faster if the physics reach perfection.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The physics are looking very close as far as I can tell.
Physics have been Melee for months. The problem is porting specific moves to be exact, both in terms of hitbox strength, size, and the animation itself. Fox's Fsmash is a good example. Melee characters have to be reworked, the amount depending on the specific character and their flaws. Brawl characters in particular require vast amounts of attention, time, and testing.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I mad too like sora-kun

But srsly, people should restrain their noobness in the internet a little rofl

Just don't read these comments, let them be.
ya that's why i stopped. I never understood why scrubs complained that wavedashing was broken. Perhaps it's because they couldn't do it and their friends were holding it over them? in which case
LRN 2 ****ING INTERNET SEARCH
other than that, wavedashing just makes you move a few feet e.e it's only as good as the player using it.
Dont worry about it:

EDIT: Does anyone happen to think that this is going to be an excellent late christmas/early birthday present?
Usually i get irritated when people say that but i don't mind this time bcuz i am so using that picture >_>
All the more reason to make sure that Project M is the shiz.

Not the POS 2008 that Brawl ended up.
Yes. Project: M might be the last good smash game.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
eh, i read the comments. sure, some of it was difficult to read without a chuckle, but in general it was the voice of a casual community. and that's fine. thing is, though, most of them either didn't notice a big enough difference to consider melee all that difficult or thought brawl was better for a number of small reasons, often not even having to do with typical multiplayer gameplay. what i got from it was just more of what made melee the better game. it was able to reach the casual community without disturbing its competitive side. sakurai going away from that is a shame.

edit: and, with that, long live P:M! too good. (hope you guys give SSE a good look at after the mechanics are restored; despite what it cost brawl, having a full, single or coop adventure mode is a cool idea as long as it's as intense as melee was, hah)

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
eh, i read the comments. sure, some of it was difficult to read without a chuckle, but in general it was the voice of a casual community. and that's fine. thing is, though, most of them either didn't notice a big enough difference to consider melee all that difficult or thought brawl was better for a number of small reasons, often not even having to do with typical multiplayer gameplay. what i got from it was just more of what made melee the better game. it was able to reach the casual community without disturbing its competitive side. sakurai going away from that is a shame.

edit: and, with that, long live P:M! too good. (hope you guys give SSE a good look at after the mechanics are restored; despite what it cost brawl, having a full, single or coop adventure mode is a cool idea as long as it's as intense as melee was, hah)
Well i commend your tolerance for stupidity. There's nothing wrong with casual players, but when they say **** like they're happy competitive players got forsaken so they could win without any actual skill it disgusts me.
I used to think Brawl was a better game too until i started playing competitively. Then the truth was grandly revealed; Brawl is complete trash. Then fate would have it that after the 1 and a half years i spent becoming a decent Bwarl Link main, I would learn about project: M and actually quit about 2 weeks afterward.

Thank you guys for being the ones who finally got me to quit that piece of **** ^__^
-lastpartisunrelated-

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
as long as you can't pass through the bottom platform it could still be a neutral...I don't see why the top platforms detract from anything? they're too small and not high up enough to be used for camping in the way KJ64's were.
What stingers said.

KJ64's issue is due to the fact that it wasn't scaled properly in Melee.
It's like 1.4 times the size it should be.
Sorry, I should have said more when I brought this up.

Height is a problem with DK64, but most of the same issues would have popped up even if the stage were scaled down a bit. The fact that there are two high platforms on DK64 is a much bigger problem than the overall scale; let me elaborate.

First, consider a stage like BF or Dreamland in Melee. Against a sluggish character, a speedy fastfaller like Fox or Falcon can camp the top platform to a certain degree. This works primarily because sluggish characters take a while to get high enough to pose any threat. What's more important than the height of the platform is how long it takes the sluggish character to reach that height; obviously, higher platforms take longer to reach, but any height that is high enough for the platform camper to respond to any approach purely on reaction will be problematic. The thing that makes platform-camping not all that terrible in most match-ups is that it's typically not too hard to apply enough pressure to drive the camper off the platform since it is small. On DL on BF, this means retreating to the floor or a side platform. On a stage with multiple high platforms, the speedy character also has the option of going to another high platform. While the slower character does now have the option of approaching from the side, this isn't that great an option, because Fox and Falcon can get to the floor faster than they can and being above a fastfaller is usually a pretty bad position.

I see the same fundamental problem with the upper-leftmost and upper-rightmost platforms on that SSE stage. They're high enough for a slow character to not be able to effectively approach from below, and any pressure he/she/it could apply from below can probably be easily dealt with by going to the slightly lower central platform, and from there, to the opposite top platform. Approaching from the top shouldn't be as bad as it is on DK64 (if it isn't clear, I do think this stage is better than DK64 and still fine as a CP) since approaching from the side isn't as hopelessly ineffective as it is on DK64 since the central platform should be much easier to traverse than the moving platforms, but approaching from the sides still poses the same risks and they likely are still significant enough risks for the situation to vastly favor a character like Fox or Falcon.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, I should have said more when I brought this up.

Height is a problem with DK64, but most of the same issues would have popped up even if the stage were scaled down a bit. The fact that there are two high platforms on DK64 is a much bigger problem than the overall scale; let me elaborate.

First, consider a stage like BF or Dreamland in Melee. Against a sluggish character, a speedy fastfaller like Fox or Falcon can camp the top platform to a certain degree. This works primarily because sluggish characters take a while to get high enough to pose any threat. What's more important than the height of the platform is how long it takes the sluggish character to reach that height; obviously, higher platforms take longer to reach, but any height that is high enough for the platform camper to respond to any approach purely on reaction will be problematic. The thing that makes platform-camping not all that terrible in most match-ups is that it's typically not too hard to apply enough pressure to drive the camper off the platform since it is small. On DL on BF, this means retreating to the floor or a side platform. On a stage with multiple high platforms, the speedy character also has the option of going to another high platform. While the slower character does now have the option of approaching from the side, this isn't that great an option, because Fox and Falcon can get to the floor faster than they can and being above a fastfaller is usually a pretty bad position.

I see the same fundamental problem with the upper-leftmost and upper-rightmost platforms on that SSE stage. They're high enough for a slow character to not be able to effectively approach from below, and any pressure he/she/it could apply from below can probably be easily dealt with by going to the slightly lower central platform, and from there, to the opposite top platform. Approaching from the top shouldn't be as bad as it is on DK64 (if it isn't clear, I do think this stage is better than DK64 and still fine as a CP) since approaching from the side isn't as hopelessly ineffective as it is on DK64 since the central platform should be much easier to traverse than the moving platforms, but approaching from the sides still poses the same risks and they likely are still significant enough risks for the situation to vastly favor a character like Fox or Falcon.
I see what you're saying, and I think the problem could be alleviated by just lowering the central platform to be in the middle of the bottom/top ones instead of slightly higher. That would make it easy enough to stop top platform camping.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I didn't like MK Wii because:
a) The only viable character/kart is Funky/Bowser Bike
b) The items are balanced terribly
How are characters viable in Mario Kart? I can see sizes, but characters have no real differences apart from size classes. As for the item balance part, obviously Mario Kart in general isn't the right game for you.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
How are characters viable in Mario Kart? I can see sizes, but characters have no real differences apart from size classes. As for the item balance part, obviously Mario Kart in general isn't the right game for you.

The characters have different weights/sizes and can use different karts/bikes.

The item balance IS terrible in MK:Wii, it has nothing to do with me being a "stop having fun guys" kind-of person like you seem to be suggesting.

Whenever I've played with my friends (not competitive gamers, mind you), they get FRUSTRATED when they are having fun racing around and crashing into people when they suddenly get hit by 4 over-powered items at once and come last. This is much less of a problem in MK:DS, as the items aren't as powerful and there are less racers.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet

The characters have different weights/sizes and can use different karts/bikes.

The item balance IS terrible in MK:Wii, it has nothing to do with me being a "stop having fun guys" kind-of person like you seem to be suggesting.

Whenever I've played with my friends (not competitive gamers, mind you), they get FRUSTRATED when they are having fun racing around and crashing into people when they suddenly get hit by 4 over-powered items at once and come last. This is much less of a problem in MK:DS, as the items aren't as powerful and there are less racers.
Never had an issue with it. I also see no point in arguing about MK, possibly one of the least competitive racers ever conceived. Especially since this is P:M Hype thread.(Except time trial mode, mind you).

Speaking of; I've got a couple of questions regarding Zelda.

She seems significantly buffed, but looks to be like her B+ form. IE; Extremely easy to use, and perfectly viable, but lacks combos.

Is she going to be left an almost "combosless" character because she's fine that way, or are you going to change her.

Ulevo

Smash Master
That is strictly a matter of opinion, there's literally no arguing that.
Whether or not it is competitive is also not a matter of opinion.

Fact: Mario Kart Wii pits two or more players against each other to reach a particular objective in order to win. Also, many people play Mario Kart Wii in order to win.

You can argue all day about how you don't like it, or how its poorly designed (on some aspects to which I will agree with), but you can't call it an uncompetitive game.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I see what you're saying, and I think the problem could be alleviated by just lowering the central platform to be in the middle of the bottom/top ones instead of slightly higher. That would make it easy enough to stop top platform camping.
I think I get what you mean and it sounds good. I think I'd also slightly lower the highest platforms and move them closer to the center to be on the safe side; it's hard to tell exactly where things would start to get problematic, so nuances like that will probably have to wait for the balancing phase.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well we're not talking about KJ64 atm, we're talking about this:

and I don't think it'll be necessary to move them closer, I think peoples mindsets going into Project:M will be geared more liberally anyway. Worse comes to worst, it'll just be made a CP anyway.

And just to clarify, you can't pass through the bottom right? That'd be a big no-no for a neutral...

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
You can't argue opinions?

Let me rephrase, even though I shouldn't have to because it was quite clear what I meant. You can argue opinions, but it's pointless in conversations like this, because no matter what you do, no matter how logical, statistical, and factual you are, opinions do not need to have any logical, factual, or statistical base behind them.

Whether or not it is competitive is also not a matter of opinion.

Fact: Mario Kart Wii pits two or more players against each other to reach a particular objective in order to win. Also, many people play Mario Kart Wii in order to win.

You can argue all day about how you don't like it, or how its poorly designed (on some aspects to which I will agree with), but you can't call it an uncompetitive game.
LEAST COMPETITIVE. Not "non-competitive"

I attempt to win in the game, but the high amount of chance decreases the competitive level of the game. If I'm in first and a Blue shell or something hits me, I could easily lose that position because the other player got lucky. This can happen with a huge number of items, too. Not saying there's no skill, or no competition, just a lot less of it because of the chance factor.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
You can argue your opinion and why you believe in it to try and change someone else's opinion.
"You can argue opinions, but it's pointless in conversations like this, because no matter what you do, no matter how logical, statistical, and factual you are, opinions do not need to have any logical, factual, or statistical base behind them."

Read what I write, thank you. I'm done with you now.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
So... It is impossible to change someone's opinion (because they don't need to have logical, factual or statistical base behind them) and I shouldn't bother trying?

*sigh*

Don't make me pull out that facepalm picture again.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
So... It is impossible to change someone's opinion (because they don't need to have logical, factual or statistical base behind them) and I shouldn't bother trying?

*sigh*

Don't make me pull out that facepalm picture again.
"You can argue opinions, but it's pointless in conversations like this, because no matter what you do, no matter how logical, statistical, and factual you are, opinions do not need to have any logical, factual, or statistical base behind them."

Talking **** about a game people like isn't going to make them not like it anymore, or prove something to them. Read please, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom