• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
A large number of stages seen in P:M can actually already be found on the vault. Battlefield's (and FD and Smashville too?) adjusted size is currently exclusive though and Dracula's Castle doesn't have the moving platforms as they are a WIP supposedly.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Bero is currently working on porting the FPC to PAL. Standardtoaster gave him the PAL memory dump to do so. You can bug him about the progress. :p

EDIT: Castlevania moving plats are property of Shadic and PMBR.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Bero is currently working on porting the FPC to PAL. Standardtoaster gave him the PAL memory dump to do so. You can bug him about the progress. :p

EDIT: Castlevania moving plats are property of Shadic and PMBR.
Well, looks like theres one more thing to look forward to. Wait, really?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Stages said:
Melee Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Halberd (removed stage hitboxes)
WarioWare, Inc. (frozen)
Rumble Falls+
Green Hill Zone (+ or new interpretation)
Luigi's Mansion (building ceilings removed) Maybe.
Pokemon Stadium 2 (frozen)
Dracula's Castle (outside)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Temple: M
Pokemon Stadium (frozen because of the windmill?) There are a few different ideas for this one. We'll keep you posted.
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Hyrule Castle (64)
Dream Land (64)
Metal Mario's Stage (64)
Skyworld (fixed platforms)
Jungle Japes (adjusted for potential CP)
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle (64)
SSE: Jungle
Pirate Ship (modified)
Norfair: M
Summit: M
Peach's Castle 64 (slightly modified) - possibility
Lylat Cruise (modified) - possibility
Frigate Orpheon (modified) - possibility
Shadow Moses Island (modified) - possibility
I've been toying around a lot with my stage lists, so I thought I would throw in some input if anyone finds it useful.

For Halberd, along with removing one or more hazards, I would recommend speeding up the stage. The reason being is because after about say... 2 minutes, the stage lands on the ship and doesn't take off for another four minutes I think? It's a long time anyway. You rarely ever see it lift off again in a real Brawl match, and stocks will be going by much faster in Project M, so it'll basically never take off again. It keeps the stage less dynamic. So I sped up the stage by about 80% I think. Works very well. About every minute and a half or two minutes the stage changes from the ships structure to the airborne platforms and vice versa. It also speeds up the hazards which makes them more tolerable because they don't linger on the stage (bomb, laser) like they do in Brawl. The claw distorts itself though, so that would have to be modified or removed all together.

For Frigate Orpheon, I slowed the speed of the stage down to I think 75% of its max. It makes the stage a lot more tolerable. It flips slower, so you won't be put in positions where the stage flips and kills you. The alarm warning lasts slightly longer, so warnings are more apparent. It also flips less often. So between those three factors, you rarely have players dying from stage flips anymore. I like this stage a lot like this. The only other issue you'd have to deal with is the lack of ledge to the right at the beginning.

I think New Pork City+ would be a nice addition if you could fix those awful camera angles. The stage layout is nice, but I can't play on that stage too long because of how spaced out the camera is.

For Castle Siege, I've been using the .pac files from Balanced Brawl. It speeds up the transition time for when the stage transforms, so you don't have that lingering walk off. It's a fantastic stage like this, and I highly recommend it.

I think it was Pictochat+. I can't remember where I got the download from. Anyway, it's a hazardless Pictochat that also has fall through platforms for many of the transformations. This would be an excellent counterpick/neutral. The only issue I see with it that's a maybe is it still has the wind included, but that's a minor detail. It could be removed if necessary.

I don't know how you guys feel about the inclusion of banned stages, but I also reduced the speed by half for Mushroomy Kingdom. It makes the stage much more manageable, and can be played on reasonably well now. It's actually enjoyable for a banned staged. There is still the issue of the holes having no ledges, but that's easily fixed if necessary.

In my opinion, WiFi Waiting Room and Luigis Mansion+ should be included. Given the presence of strong projectile users (i.e. Falco, Samus, et cetera), WiFi Waiting Room would be an interesting stage to include. Luigis Mansion for similar reasons, and it's one of the best stages in the game without those silly ceilings. Just my take.

And finally, these stages should be included in Project: M:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2UbXAIN6bc

This gives Bowser representation, and it's a fairly fair stage. I think it is a direct port from the map from Mario Kart Wii. Mostly flat, has a hole in the left side, and has pseudo walls on the edges of the stage for wall combo strategies and tactics. The stage is also beautiful, and looks quite official.

If anyone wants the stage icon, portrait and name, I made one for myself. I'll see about uploading if someone asks.

This one doesn't need much explanation. I already mentioned it earlier. Dynamic platform layout, rather neutral, Subspace Emissary representation, looks beautiful, and also the bottom platform is not solid. You can pass through it the same way you can recover through Delfino Plazas main platform.

You guys failed to include stages like Castle Siege and Delfino Plaza but I'm assuming they're in regardless.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Shanus and Almas? Is this where you guys disappeared to? I've been gone for a couple of months to find out Brawl+ is dead.

Project:M?

Back room access, please.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
^Fraid it'll be part of SSBM 2's Banned stages.

@M0nkUn1t Asking again: Is someone really trying to hack the music in the PAL version of Brawl?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou

This one doesn't need much explanation. I already mentioned it earlier. Dynamic platform layout, rather neutral, Subspace Emissary representation, looks beautiful, and also the bottom platform is not solid. You can pass through it the same way you can recover through Delfino Plazas main platform.
This stage has way too many high platforms to be close to neutral. The nature of the bottom platform doesn't help, either. I could see it being a decent CP, though, kind of like a slightly less janky DK64.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
..The Reddit mascot? No thanks.

I mean, Digg sucks now, but still.
I meant have dant's avatar replace the funky creature. Confusion. It happens.

And I think Hanenbow+ would work well so long as the lower platforms don't move. I use it and it's actually a decent stage.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
This stage has way too many high platforms to be close to neutral. The nature of the bottom platform doesn't help, either. I could see it being a decent CP, though, kind of like a slightly less janky DK64.
as long as you can't pass through the bottom platform it could still be a neutral...I don't see why the top platforms detract from anything? they're too small and not high up enough to be used for camping in the way KJ64's were.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
What stingers said.

KJ64's issue is due to the fact that it wasn't scaled properly in Melee.
It's like 1.4 times the size it should be.

Samus-T

Smash Lord

Do you have a video of a match played on this stage?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Delfino and Castle siege are included. Any brawl stage not in that list is included unless the stage is replaced.
I was specifically mentioning competitively viable ones.

currently in-use KJ64 is a WIP and not reflective in any way of what will be included in the final build.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
To SHELL:

Your 'He's back' Falco art looks really, really cool. I wanna make it into a shirt though, without the lettering. Do you happen to have the raw file with the image before words/abstract splat? I'd keep the splat but it seems like itd be difficult to replicate on a shirt.

If you don't want me doing this, i guess just say so, which is fine.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
To SHELL:

Your 'He's back' Falco art looks really, really cool. I wanna make it into a shirt though, without the lettering. Do you happen to have the raw file with the image before words/abstract splat? I'd keep the splat but it seems like itd be difficult to replicate on a shirt.

If you don't want me doing this, i guess just say so, which is fine.
Nah, that's cool. I'll have to look around and see if I can't track down my original picture of that painting. If not, gimme a little time to borrow a camera and take another picture of the original. I'll PM it to you.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom