• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
Maybe I'm just missing a link somewhere, or it may just be that I just haven't read through all 1300 pages of this thread, but is Mewtwo going to be in Project M?

I've seen some talk about Mewtwo in the random pages I have seen, and have seen his Character Select icon in the background of Melee FD, but the front page implies he's not going to be back.

Also is there anywhere with better character 'Dojo' posts? Because Smashmods really doesn't say anything.

Sorry if these are annoying n00b questions.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Maybe I'm just missing a link somewhere, or it may just be that I just haven't read through all 1300 pages of this thread, but is Mewtwo going to be in Project M?

I've seen some talk about Mewtwo in the random pages I have seen, and have seen his Character Select icon in the background of Melee FD, but the front page implies he's not going to be back.

Also is there anywhere with better character 'Dojo' posts? Because Smashmods really doesn't say anything.

Sorry if these are annoying n00b questions.
Is Mewtwo gonna be in this?
The Project M Back Room has taken the stance that no Melee characters will return unless they can be seamlessly added without replacing any character as well as have their own Character Select icon. Dantarion has been recently putting in a lot of effort into a "Clone Engine," however...

That's a translation for: Yeah, we will, but be patient.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
Well maybe I'm not caught up on things, but when PM comes out, will it be included with a custom stage selection screen and a bunch of neutral stages like yoshi's story and some other melee stages that have been made recently to replace the crap ones that already exist in vBrawl. Obviously I can add them myself. I'm just curious if it will already be done for me.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Well maybe I'm not caught up on things, but when PM comes out, will it be included with a custom stage selection screen and a bunch of neutral stages like yoshi's story and some other melee stages that have been made recently to replace the crap ones that already exist in vBrawl. Obviously I can add them myself. I'm just curious if it will already be done for me.
Yes, the stages will be provided.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Project M is going to be one gigantic, comprehensive, stand-alone pack. The game will release with everything included in the recommended PMBR ruleset, and some other things just because they're awesome.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I know this isn't top priority, but how are CPU's in this game? I watched some Stricken Falco practice, and they seem generally better than Melee computers (as were Brawl ones). Would it be possible to make them L-Cancel their aerials and maybe always wavedash down out of their reflectors (when used on the ground)?

(I can only play against other good people on Mondays for 4 hours)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
you don't have to point that out JC......it's obvious
i'm just throwing it out there for ppl that enjoy watching P:M like myself

(and i thought Brawl SFXs couldn't get any worse......proved me wrong)

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Been thinking... Ike's a bit too much like a Ganon with more range IMO. A lot of people are going to say "it's more complicated than that", but IMHO, it's not. For example, Ike's jab combo is strong. Ganon's jab is strong. Ike's smashes are strong, with high knockback. Ganon's smashes are strong, with high knockback. Ganon's neutral B is a strong, slow attack. Ike's neutral B is a strong, slow charge (probably still better than Ganon's punch). Ganon's Side B moves him forward (although hits them down and opens different options), but Ike's also moves him forward. Ike's up B has a similar trajectory as Ganon's up-B. Ganon's crouch-cancelled Warlock Kick is similar in purpose to Ike's counter (on the ground). Also, for aerials, both their f-airs are slow but powerful, both their b-airs are faster, and both their n-airs are reasonably fast as well. Both their d-airs are a powerful but slow meteor smash. Etc.

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
Been thinking... Ike's a bit too much like a Ganon with more range IMO. A lot of people are going to say "it's more complicated than that", but IMHO, it's not. For example, Ike's jab combo is strong. Ganon's jab is strong. Ike's smashes are strong, with high knockback. Ganon's smashes are strong, with high knockback. Ganon's neutral B is a strong, slow attack. Ike's neutral B is a strong, slow charge (probably still better than Ganon's punch). Ganon's Side B moves him forward (although hits them down and opens different options), but Ike's also moves him forward. Ike's up B has a similar trajectory as Ganon's up-B. Ganon's crouch-cancelled Warlock Kick is similar in purpose to Ike's counter (on the ground). Also, for aerials, both their f-airs are slow but powerful, both their b-airs are faster, and both their n-airs are reasonably fast as well. Both their d-airs are a powerful but slow meteor smash. Etc.
Lol? You can do that with about half the characters in brawl. It's absurd to look at them as dittos when they both have different run speeds, fall speeds, range on their attacks, and many more things. Also, does Ike have the ability to thunderstorm? No.
If these 2 bother you then why is fox/falco ok? Just sayin.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Lol? You can do that with about half the characters in brawl. It's absurd to look at them as dittos when they both have different run speeds, fall speeds, range on their attacks, and many more things. Also, does Ike have the ability to thunderstorm? No.
If these 2 bother you then why is fox/falco ok? Just sayin.
Because if you haven't realized, Fox and Falco have different playstyles. Mostly because Fox has good grabs and Falco has pillars. Their shines are basically what define them as seperate characters. And lasers I guess.

And, like you said above, IMO Ike just has more range, but is lighter. Ganon has less range, but is heavier. That's about it.

Like overall, they just play a lot alike. Which might be why Kage did well with Ike. I'm just fearing that cause range is so important, Ganon might become obsolete.

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
Because if you haven't realized, Fox and Falco have different playstyles. Mostly because Fox has good grabs and Falco has pillars. Their shines are basically what define them as seperate characters. And lasers I guess.

And, like you said above, IMO Ike just has more range, but is lighter. Ganon has less range, but is heavier. That's about it.
You can WD out of Ike's sideB.
That is all.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ike has side B shenanigans, a super armor eruption, a uair that is slow and kills, a larger and more laggy dair, a jab that is used for up close pressure rather than a gtfo move, a super huge upsmash, a super huge f-smash, a spiking d-tilt, an...uptilt, and quite a few other differences because of physics and a tipper system on a few moves.

Compare this to Ganon's very quick uair, his tech chase oriented down B and side B, and his much safer aerials and you have two very different characters.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Ike has side B shenanigans, a super armor eruption, a uair that is slow and kills, a larger and more laggy dair, a jab that is used for up close pressure rather than a gtfo move, a super huge upsmash, a super huge f-smash, a spiking d-tilt, an...uptilt, and quite a few other differences because of physics and a tipper system on a few moves.

Compare this to Ganon's very quick uair, his tech chase oriented down B and side B, and his much safer aerials and you have two very different characters.
Yeah, statistically they are quite different, but I'm just worrying for Ganon, as I think anyone who plays Ganon decently well in Melee will play Ike even better in Brawl. I haven't heard of a Ganon tech chasing with down-B, but yeah side-B is different in purpose. U-air is also different, and Ike's u-tilt is useful. They both have huge smashes, although Ike's are bigger and slower. I can see Ganon's aerials being slightly safer, but I think that's offset by Ike's huge range. But yeah, all these reasons above is why I think Ganon might become overall less effective than Ike.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Which of ganons smashes are huge or anywhere near the size of Ike's? ike and ganons styles are completely different. I'm not a ganon player but ike felt comfortable to me when i played so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Kage probably just liked playing Ike

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If it makes you feel any better, Ganon is better than Ike is currently. And they don't have similar playstyles at all.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah, statistically they are quite different, but I'm just worrying for Ganon, as I think anyone who plays Ganon decently well in Melee will play Ike even better in Brawl. I haven't heard of a Ganon tech chasing with down-B, but yeah side-B is different in purpose. U-air is also different, and Ike's u-tilt is useful. They both have huge smashes, although Ike's are bigger and slower. I can see Ganon's aerials being slightly safer, but I think that's offset by Ike's huge range. But yeah, all these reasons above is why I think Ganon might become overall less effective than Ike.
Techchasing with Down B is one of its primary uses. I also laughed at you comparing Ike's counter to Ganon's "crouch cancel into Down B", that's nowhere near the same thing because it's not a single move. It's two different things being mashed together as one just for the sake of finding something to compare it to. Their Down Bs are different, simple as that, you can't make that a support for your argument.

As for Up B, no way do they go in the same trajectory. Ike's goes straight up, Ganon's goes at an angle and is way more vulnerable than Ike. Ike has a constantly spinning sword defending his *** on top of super armor on the first few frames he begins to use the thing. Ike has a weaker horizontal recovery as well compared to Ganondorf who has Down B returning his DJ, Side B, and Up B (sure he can't use Side B and then do Down B but just Down B returning his DJ alone is more horizontal than Ike ever gets).

They are hella different characters, I am just literally facepalming at some of the comparisons made. You might as well make those same comparisons for Bowser and DK... their Up Bs are similar therefore they must be compared!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom