• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Wolf/Sonic/Bwarl *****es don't have a developed metagame anyway. I doubt anyone will be playing them to their maximum potential at this point. Or am i wrong?

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Dantarion, you are by far a genious :D

/bow +100

idk if yoyo glitch will be considered, but, it's good to know that brawl hacking has too many possibilities

bah, I've been away from the smash scene for so long, since I wasn't taken for beta test, I went away of the forums :p

puertorrican players are getting attention to P:M, as they are asking me stuff via msn and stuff

so, yeah ^^ it proves to be a nice hit to us puertorricans once it gets mor eprogress ^^

I'm not interested on P:M until it's finished, so I will lurk in the forums sometimes, lol, I'm not going to be asking for beta test or give hints/tips or opinions, as, I've been away so much that I'm out of date ^^

DANTARION IS SMASH GOD HACKER!

shanus

Smash Hero
Question about jab resets: just how closely do they mirror the ones in Melee? Is it still possible to escape them with good SDI?
I coded jab resets currently work based on detecting if your previous action was laying/on ground in some form of "down" position and then checks for a hitstun velocity threshold to determine if you will enter a reset or not. Magus then refined the hitstun velocity threshhold to work at identical percents to melee.

I'm not positive on escaping with SDI unless SDI impacts your hitstun velocity which might be possible.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
you could just make Wolf's lasers do 1% damage, but the main problem seems to be how monverable he is in the air, and that he isnt a FFer
Killing his maneuverability for one move would be a shame. At the same time, making his projectile do minuscule damage would also be a shame.

Maybe like.. make it jump cancelable during different frames/make it harder to do consistently?

D

Deleted member

Mind you Wolf has that hitbox from pistol whipping somebody with his gun, so he can actually abuse the spacing of his lasers to greater effect than Falco in some instances. Granted, the rate of fire of Wolf's lasers is not quite Falco's.

He also has his shine which has a good bit bit of horizontal reach compared to Fox/Falco making it easy for him to misspace a laser then not be punished from a range where Falco would be outspaced against a character like Marth or Sheik.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Am I the only one that feels that Wolfs fair should send the opponent in a horizontal trajectory, and not a vertical trajectory? It serves very little purpose other than killing off the top since Uair is a superior juggle option, and most of his moveset leans towards setting up side kills; shine, laser, bair, forward smash... All the moves that would normally send a character upwards, such as up tilt and grounded dair only compliment this further, akin to Sheik's A,B,C combos that end in a fair.

And of course, barring this sounds a little silly, there is also the fact that the move doesn't appear it should send the opponent up to begin with.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Am I the only one that feels that Wolfs fair should send the opponent in a horizontal trajectory, and not a vertical trajectory? It serves very little purpose other than killing off the top since Uair is a superior juggle option, and most of his moveset leans towards setting up side kills; shine, laser, bair, forward smash... All the moves that would normally send a character upwards, such as up tilt and grounded dair only compliment this further, akin to Sheik's A,B,C combos that end in a fair.

And of course, barring this sounds a little silly, there is also the fact that the move doesn't appear it should send the opponent up to begin with.
Marth's tipped fair sends people upward.

Maybe Wolf can ken combo?

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord

thats why you just use your bair. easy lol

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...I've recently remembered how disappointed I've been by the lack of meaning for Link's shield in Barlw. It's there, yeah...but who uses it? All it does is give him a neato ability to block a projectile attack if it hits your shield while you're just standing there, but there's still stun from being pushed back by it...so it's essentially blocking a projectile minus having a regular shield up while you're being pushed back. I didn't mind it's uselessness when Melee came out - I was surprised they did anything at all with Link's shield back then - but there was no excuse for not getting more creative with it in Barlw. Yall should do that. :3

For example:
-Have Link and Toon Link's shield reflect any and all projectiles that touch it
-Have Link and Toon Link take less damage from attacks that hit a small portion of the hitbox surrounding their shields
-Have Link and Toon Link take less knockback and their shields take less damage from attacks while blocking when an attack hits a small portion of their shield surrounding their...uh, shield

I'm no coder so I have no idea how easy, time consuming or impossible any of these suggestions are; sorry if they are. Have yall considered any of these, or any new features for Link's shield?

JOE!

Smash Hero
the loading time is still determined by the disk loading. even using custom textures doesn't speed it up. the most you could do is make it a set loading time like the zelda/shiek transformation. even then, its still not quick enough to change mid combo. I don't see why you would want to use all 3. Ivy sucks, and zard and squirtle are good enough characters by themselves
what I was saying that you can still technically speed it up by cutting animation times on both ends, and not for a combo, but for a bigger strategy of sorts of switching playstyles mid-match, etc.

also, isnt Ivy being worked on to bring her up to par in this to make her not suck?

iLink

Smash Champion
I played what I think was a pretty old build of P:M and ivy's sideb was stupidly good. The only difference I noticed from its brawl+ counterpart was the absorb pummel.

sideb would set up into grabs or other stuff and just generally be good for shutting things down. The only thing that was holding her back is the abusable recovery.

D

Deleted member

Ivy doesn't suck...

In Brawl Plus, she was pretty good. Her style in Project M will mimic that to a degree.

She just has a bad recovery is all.

shanus

Smash Hero
Ivy hasn't been worked on yet. Your basically experiencing the spam-***** that was ivy in B+. We've been drafting up some change ideas for her, but nothing has been done yet.

iLink

Smash Champion
^ lol

if you ever played the japanese version or changed the sound to japanese, Ivysaur completely sounds like a girl.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
... wtf

No other words can describe the past 5 posts e_e

Obviously he got Krabby in the game to replace all other pokemon. <_<
You guys need to think a little.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
God****it i'm totally abandoning my silence policy.. oh well.
but...I guess it can't be helped. He looks so cool after all.
..MK is a ball with bat wings, a cape, mittens, clown shoes and a hockey mask.

wutchu talkin' bout? <_<

although the speed he has does look cool...

ynnek123

Smash Ace
God****it i'm totally abandoning my silence policy.. oh well.

..MK is a ball with bat wings, a cape, mittens, clown shoes and a hockey mask.

wutchu talkin' bout? <_<

although the speed he has does look cool...
look @dat sword
look @dat mask
look @dat bad *** look in his eyes?
Cool enough to me

OverLade

Smash Hero
Oh please, you're good but I'm not that easy. I need love and tender care just like all the other delicate things in this world ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom