• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Hey, you know what would be hilarious? If Pichu's bthrow was a suicide throw. Imagine him baiting an opponent and just rolling off the edge of the stage.

Oh sweet, I didn't miss the stream!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

Ganoncide

Smash Cadet
So I tried out P:M for the first time and I have to say that its AWESOME. But there are a few things to be said. Ivysaur's back throw on a fast faller is broken. I'm not sure if it was his back throw, but it was one of em. But yea, it will KILL YOU at a very low perrcent :(. I aslo tried Marth. His recovery isn't as good as it was and his DD could use some improvement. Another thing, why can't Marth short hop double fair anymore?

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
So I tried out P:M for the first time and I have to say that its AWESOME. But there are a few things to be said. Ivysaur's back throw on a fast faller is broken. I'm not sure if it was his back throw, but it was one of em. But yea, it will KILL YOU at a very low perrcent :(. I aslo tried Marth. His recovery isn't as good as it was and his DD could use some improvement. Another thing, why can't Marth short hop double fair anymore?
He can. It's just harder because of landing detection.

Revven

FrankerZ
1. Ivy isn't done.

2. Marth can SHDF, it's just harder.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
LOL. I'm not meant to see streams anymore it seems. I would explain why I just got back at 1:00 am when I left this morning at around 9:45 AM but it won't make a difference. It's not even upsetting it's just....funny.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
ZSS requires all of her changes to be done by injection since her file size limit is so small. This has greatly slowed progress on her, but she will be done in time.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Frame 12 isn't that fast in the grand scheme of aerials. Pretty moderate, actually.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
the Wario videos got taken down, I guess he's a WIP and you guys don't wantanyone to see him xD. From what I saw, he changed a lot, looking great. Also, still no reply on my marth question, is he keeping his Roy-esque counter?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you guys are a **** for removing the hours worth of footage. I only watched the first 2 assuming they were staying up....god that's so messed up.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
ZSS requires all of her changes to be done by injection since her file size limit is so small. This has greatly slowed progress on her, but she will be done in time.

Not gonna lie: That sounds so sexy. I wish I was the one workin' on that.

Also, there's no buffering system, which is another reason why Marth's SHDFair is hard to pull off.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
you guys are a **** for removing the hours worth of footage. I only watched the first 2 assuming they were staying up....god that's so messed up.
hey man, whats bugging you? you've been acting out quite a bit in this thread. can you take it down a notch for sanity's sake?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
but it looks so awesome.

its like 1 lasting big *** foot to the face goin like"haters gonna hate"...

Kinda wish I watched the Wario vids when I had the chance. From what I could see from the stream though, his Side Special is now the fsmash animation, right? Good, that makes sense from a Wario Land point of view.

dkuo

Smash Lord
Hey guys, tried out P:M for the first time yesterday and it's so fun, I love it.

Something weird though, when I do Falco's jab -> fsmash it continues with his jabs. Dunno if that's intentional but it tripped me up a bit since I do that a lot in Melee.

Also, P:M Pika is so good.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Well after playing P:M for the first time yesterday, I can definitely say the game is going well. Had a lot of fun.

Alot of the things I noticed that felt awkward were already known issues, or things like balance issues that simply haven't been gotten to yet, or that would be very difficult to code, and probably won't be worth it.

Notables: mario's recovery. While we do have wall jumping from the up B, that doesn't help on a majority of stages, and without those ridiculous magnet hand sweet spots, his lack of a tornado recovery is noticable. Again, I was talking to you guys about this, and you hadn't decided what to do yet. I'm mostly curious how his fludd will impact the game without auto sweet spots. Considering you can aim it down, i'm not sure if you can get past it at all. It seems like it would essentially destroy everyone who is trying to get back to the edge (it can be angled downwards I believe?)

Landing detection issues. JCaes was telling me that while the fall speeds/physics of melee are intact, land detection is different. As such, I found some things to be much more difficult, or downright impossible. Most notably was mario's SH bair to waveland. I was told it should be possible but more difficult, but i didn't manage it once out of numerous tries, and I can do most lots of things in melee that require frame perfect timing, so i'm not sure it was just simply lack of skill/practice. If it truly is just more difficult, I'm fine with that.

However for the most part, I have no complaints.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I'm almost positive that Mario's SHBAWL is impossible right now.

Dantarion's taking another look at landing detection, and if we absolutely can't fix it, we'll adjust moves to work with the shorter SH / FH durations.

Laijin

Smash Hero
So I played P:M once again last night and there are three things that stuck out the most about Toon Link, which I expect functionality from him which wasn't there:

His Up-smash: I love the fact you guys changed it so his upsmash is now two hits. I kinda wish it was like Young Link's three hit upsmash, but with each hit a bit more spaced out than the current super consecutive two hits. But let me go into a bit more detail as to why I would like this changed: YL's upsmash is a great tool to use for pressure up close. Against most people who are not aware you can actually grab him out of it(mostly because of its range), it serves as a much needed amazing pressure close to the opponent. So in order to really "fix" his upsmash, simply make it so that its three hits, the range is long enough so he can't get grabbed out of it(otherwise it becomes useless), and make it so the hits are spaced out just a little bit more.
Another thing I noticed: Right after I would land from lets say a u-air, and I want to immediately upsmash, I couldnt for some reason. Its like the input in the c-stick just wouldn't come out. I didn't really understand, but instead of upsmashing my character didn't do anything until I moved around and then trying to upsmash. If I could play P:M again, i'll be able to probably recreate this problem.

U-air: It doesn't stay out that long. It comes out, then goes away. In melee, his u-air comes out and stays out for a very long time, long enough to actually a full jump and land, having it still be out. This is pretty key for Young Link. It allows to actually approach with u-air against a grounded opponent and keep us safe if we miss the u-air.

His falling speed: Toon Link seems to still be extremely floaty. It made it very hard to do the u-air juggle combos that I'm used to doing in Melee and his n-air juggle combos against floaty combos, which is also a key combo for him in melee. I figure if you guys made him less floaty, this problem will probably be fixed.

d-throw: Why does his down throw send everyone AWAY from him? This makes comboing out of his down throw nearly impossible and allows the other guy to either instantly recovery(Like a marth player did against me) or tech immediately). In melee, his downthrow sends characters above him, allowing us to u-tilt(which should send them above us once more) and into a u-air or anything we want. The way his throw works now kinda makes pretty useless. This needs to be fixed.

His projectiles: I still can't combo off of them. :( Although I know you guys are still working on that

I can't think of anything else right now, but those are the immediate problems that I noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom