• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Kirby's voice clips and sound effects bother the hell out of me in Brawl.
I think I said this before, but it was because of a guy who constantly played Kirby and never, ever learned any good strategies. No, using all of your jumps to fly above me and use Stone on me is not going to work... ever. No, Final Cutter does not have transcendent priority and it's possible for me to spike
/meteor
your *** out of it. No, using Stone as an edgeguard is ****ing ********.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I got very irritated by his rage when his tactics wouldn't work. Kirby's sound effects and voice clips making me rage is a byproduct of that stupidity.

I still love playing Kirby, however. It was equally funny when I killed him with his own main when I don't play Kirby much.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
They ported all the melee character physics 100% from cracking **** from Melee. :V

They play identical gravity/physics wise and the only reason they'd feel off is because of landing detection.
By physics you mean:

1- Attributes?

2- All hitboxes on all attacks same size?

3- Damage from attacks and BKB/KBG?

as physics I only see the attributes, but I want to know for sure if I'm not wrong.

I saw some marth stuff not behaving like melee *cough cough* UThrow Chain Grab on fox falco on the % they should always chain grab. They can shine away of the chain throw, or can't be chain throwed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBYDFeGZzTQ#t=2m31s

He did what the chain grabs needs to be done to start in 0%

2 fthrows, and Uthrow, and he was just to high, in the moment he knew how high he was he had to Utilt.

will this be fixed so it has less BKB? it sends fox to high to be able to act like melee Marth Uthrow.

The chain grab part of marth's metagame against fox is changed only from the Chain Grab part, the rest is perfect to my eyes (if not let me know)

D

Deleted member

Will Samus have an adjusted or improved short hop?

She'd be ferocious with her missile cancelling and ability to SHFFL dairs.

G

genkaku

For clarity's sake, when you say that throws don't work like melee so you can't just port them, what does this mean for the project? What are the steps that you're going to have to take to replicate melee throws?
It seems to me that resolving them would take the project a measurable distance further.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
1. wrong

2. wrong.

3. wrong.

lol you were part of the Brawl+ scene. do you know now what character physics are? gravities? lmao
I got owned by GHNeko XD I was called a noob in a very Gentle way XD

neko just pawnchhhhhhed me :p!

okies, yeah I did saw marth jumps as perfect as he did in melee and so did fox and falco

yeah now I know I was wrong :) I saw marth running more faster too, I was like... must be the brawl animation, cause the attributes would buff speef or debuff depending on how the animation in brawlbox does.

well, makes sense then.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The ears are a little odd gamewatching. But still, impressively accurate

The DKs only got better (in design) after each smash IMO. Brawl DK is great.
as a Melee DK main, I disagree. His face is wider and more ape-like in melee and I like it way more.

That said, it's been said over 9000 times that all costumes and vertex hacks will be optional. Really doesn't have much to do with this project.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
for me,
all the Melee designs are better than their Brawl counterparts >_>

full body btw :

and Strong,
I main DK in SSB64 and Melee :p

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
as a Melee DK main, I disagree. His face is wider and more ape-like in melee and I like it way more.

That said, it's been said over 9000 times that all costumes and vertex hacks will be optional. Really doesn't have much to do with this project.
I also use DK in Melee, and main him in 64, any hints as to what you've got planned for him? :)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
AFAIK the roses on his armour were removed in brawl, his sheath is darker in brawl, his hair colour is different, and his boot legs are brighter in brawl. Those are the only main differences I could tell. Besides his sword being short in brawl.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Actually, before Melee Marth I would really appreciate Melee Bowser.

Melee Bowser was very muscular, and I liked the subtle shine of his skin. Brawl Bowser is a pudgy creature with dull looking skin. I think it's one of the worst redesigns in the game, up there with fox, personally.

AFAIK the roses on his armour were removed in brawl, his sheath is darker in brawl, his hair colour is different, and his boot legs are brighter in brawl. Those are the only main differences I could tell. Besides his sword being short in brawl.
Marth's brawl sword is the same length. I've measured it. Additionally, this is further proven by the fact that fixing his animations has fixed his range. Maybe I need to make a thread in the Brawl Marth forum just to address this very common misconception.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Bumping this b/c I'm curious.
From what I've heard she's pretty much the same with the exception of new shenanigans

This message is hidden because stingers is on your ignore list.
:)

today is a good day.

Anyway I was wondering how the changes on Olimar are going? Anyone start changes on him yet? Also what the hell was that rainbow move I saw Wario do?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
For Olimar, I think the differences between his pikmin should be enchanced because afaik the only major differences between them (aside from fx and meteor power) are damage/KB, range, and speed.

For instance, maybe the trajectories they create could vary...

Red could be regular and hit "away"

Blue could knock enemies upward

Yellow could have VERY brief stunning effects (similar to ZSS's stun gun) This would probably have to be the least common pikmin/limited to certain moves due to its potential brokeness

Purple could have semi-spike effects for certain moves due to its poor speed/range (Maybe it could give Olimar a spiking dair aswell?)

White would probably remain the same, its the fastest and typically deals the lowest damage/kb which is good in some cases.

While this may seem very farfetched or gimmicky it could open up for a variety of combos and enhance the quirky character Olimar is by giving him a lot of varied and creative combos. He would also be able to do a lot of trademark finishes and combos that other chars use such as a sheik like semi-spiking fair with purple pikmin or a ken combo with blue fair to purple dair.

Idk, this is probably a weak idea and may not even be possible but I just thought I'd try and start a discussion.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It's an interesting idea. We have another idea for the Pikmin which may or may not get implemented.

Also, the Wario Shoulder Charge GFX are modeled after Wario Land 4, where he glows red, blue, and yellow. It may be replaced with the more subtle Shake It! version in time, but we'll see.

Wario's gotten a fairly comprehensive rebuild focusing on nerfing his air camping a bit and giving him more ground options. He still feels very familiar but has a lot of exciting new strategies stemming from his new D-smash, Side-B, tweaked Uair (no more B+ uair chains), Dair, and many other tweaked moves.

We'll be moving him out of the testbed soon and doing a full preview. Feedback so far has been very positive.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
True, but we have to agree, that in brawl he looks much more like the DK in the offical artworks.

Well, if a Melee Bowser vertex means shortening his arms, then it wouldn't be good.

Great to know that Wario has his Shoulder Charger, it's a classic move, it always should have been in the game. The FSmash shoulder charge doesn't looks like the real shoulder charge with the light effects and sh*t.

But knowing that he has his shoulder charge on sideB, do you plan currently to change his Fsmash, or it is ok the way it is?

also, how do his new animations looks like?
I lose the stream.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
It's an interesting idea. We have another idea for the Pikmin which may or may not get implemented.
Cool. I am looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store for him.

Also, the Wario Shoulder Charge GFX are modeled after Wario Land 4, where he glows red, blue, and yellow. It may be replaced with the more subtle Shake It! version in time, but we'll see.

Wario's gotten a fairly comprehensive rebuild focusing on nerfing his air camping a bit and giving him more ground options. He still feels very familiar but has a lot of exciting new strategies stemming from his new D-smash, Side-B, tweaked Uair (no more B+ uair chains), Dair, and many other tweaked moves.

We'll be moving him out of the testbed soon and doing a full preview. Feedback so far has been very positive.
Yeah, speaking of Wario... have you considered making his ftilt the kick and changing his fsmash to Mario/Luigi 64 styled fsmash? It just seems more appropriate that his fsmash was a punch.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Wario being based off of Wario Land... How Sakurai failed to do something that makes so much sense would normally baffle me. But he's Sakurai so it should be expected.

He has enough Brawl in him to feel familiar, but he has enough from Wario Land to feel original and fresh.
IMO there's enough to please both companies here, and it's very well done.

Rikana

Smash Champion
This new Wario sounds sexy. What's new with Olimar though? I remember Shanus saying he's gonna tell us what he's gonna do with his upB.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Glad to hear about some logical references to the Wario Land series being made in this new move set of his. It's just what I was hoping for :D

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I fully support any Wario Land changes to Wario, no matter how much or little they change his gameplay.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wanna make sure you understand I'm not trying to bash Project M or anything, I just wanna fully understand your(the P:M team) intentions/goals.
I really am having trouble understanding why you guys make some characters hybrids(Mario, Toon Link) while try to make other characters like their melee counter parts(Fox, Falco, Falcon). I understand the hybrids come from trying to make the character better..but in some(and by some I mean most) cases you could still take the character's melee tools and overall still make them a MUCH better character. From just making Hybrid characters and at the same time trying to please the brawl community as well, might as well call the game Project Brawl++ or something(Brawl+ gameplay with some melee stuff thrown in it). =\

This question specifically comes from me wondering about your current direction with Toon Link. The Young Link community right now is very uneasy about your decision to make him a hybrid character with TL. The excuse I heard from that was this:

But you also have to realize we have a Toon Link community to appease as well, and there is currently no way to add characters, so our options are either to make a hybrid or to remove one of them from the game (and removing Brawl characters for lost Melee characters is frowned upon).
So from that, I'm sitting here wondering "Well gee. Look at what they did to Falco in particular. He no longer throws his shine and his combos all work the same way they do in melee. He is nothing like his brawl counter part. But whereas Toon Link still doesn't really play like Young Link does(mainly his projectiles, which pretty much makes up Young Link) and from where I'm seeing things, you guys don't really have any intentions to make him like Young Link.

Just wanna hear you guy's thoughts about this. =)

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Laijin

I think it's because the higher tier characters, pretty much have their games completed, some only needing some tweaks to be fully viable.

Most os the brawl characters needs modifications to work well in a melee enviroinment, while the original melee characterr was not viable, it's a good idea to give to Toon Link , some of Young Link best characteristics that works well and then apply them to Toon Link to see if it works.

At the same time that Toon Link gets more ready for a Melee enviroinment, Young Link players won't feel completely off the game and can use some of their knowledge in Toon Link. The same goes to the TL players if the character were to be exactly like YL.

At the same time, many characteristics of TL would make YL game better, like his Bair and the arrows.

For Mario, some characteristics from Doc, would be very acceptable and work very well with Mario, since they have virtually the same moveset with differences in the moves effects, range and power.

That what I think, devs, please, correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom