• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
another chance at recovery also means another chance at edge guarding and having more time to set up and rethink ur edge guard if needed. Just because you get another try doens't make anything easier. You still have to aim, you still have to avoid being hit. God forbid if the recovery had some sort of mix up ability. Or we can add it and you choose not to do it? Either way its a good idea that should be considered ness main or not. And I'm sure theres a bunch of ness mains that would like the idea of being able to tech. It honestly wouldn't make ness any easier to play or any more difficult to edge guard, im still gonna jump and make ur pkt2 hit me and your still gonna die lol
Eh, whatever. It's not like my opinion will matter.
I do have a request though, speed up PKT1. Or would that be too overpowered?

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
In terms of simplicity, Teching >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L-Cancelling.

It does not add more tech skill. It takes much more skill to get one try to aim for reaching the stage, this is while avoiding your opponent's edge hogs and guards, and the wall-sliding techniques than to just smash straight into the wall, and then try again.

There is a difference between a player being dumb and a player being a beginner btw.
If we call it tech skill because a n00b can't do it, then I guess we should be calling spiking tech skill as well.
grimtuesday i think you feel to much pride for simple l cancels haha
also teching and l canceling are very similar in the actual button press (they use the same button with similar timing)
ledgeteching is often more difficult as it requires you to time your tech and to di to make the tech possible in the first place so...
another chance at recovery also means another chance at edge guarding and having more time to set up and rethink ur edge guard if needed. Just because you get another try doens't make anything easier. You still have to aim, you still have to avoid being hit. God forbid if the recovery had some sort of mix up ability. Or we can add it and you choose not to do it? Either way its a good idea that should be considered ness main or not. And I'm sure theres a bunch of ness mains that would like the idea of being able to tech. It honestly wouldn't make ness any easier to play or any more difficult to edge guard, im still gonna jump and make ur pkt2 hit me and your still gonna die lol
those 2 posts are more than enough to validate my point that if anything, a up+b that can be teched adds more tech skill.

L-canceling is harder than ledge teching, wtf? lol
My thoughts exactly.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
FACTS:
L-cancelling shows tech skill.
i.e. If you see someone L-Cancelling consistently you know they are good.
Auto L-Cancelling shows no tech skill.
One of the arguments for not making L-Cancelling auto is that it stops players from showing tech skill.

Being able to aim PKT2 shows tech skill.
i.e. If you see someone aiming PKT2 consistently you know they are good.
Being able to tech wall-blasting shows little tech skill (as teching is incredibly easy and means that you don't get punished for failing at PKT2.
One of my arguments for not making PKT2 techable is that it stops players from showing tech skill.

Get it? Good.
You kinda did.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
this is one of those things where a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not necessarily a square

same concept

ledge teching is always wall teching, however wall teching is not always ledge teching

Sterowent

Smash Ace
bolded for
tier = high/(PKT1blows + [mindgames * options])

Just to clarify, Brawl PKT2 does not have a learning curve with NASL. It has a completely ******** collision that appears to exist only to wallbounce/wallblast a player to his doom.

It does not work anything like Melee PKT2 or even 64 PKT2. It wallblasts and wallbounces much easier, leading to Ness players having to be at very specific points to actually ledge grab. This leads to a very predictable recovery, on top of it being amazingly gimpable already.

Anyone who plays Ness in B+ or vBrawl knows this, as it is the bane of every Ness/Lucas player in existence.

shanus

Smash Hero
i've never been sold on wallteching for PKT2, I just want to get rid of the stupid bounce it has....

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Just to clarify, Brawl PKT2 does not have a learning curve with NASL. It has a completely ******** collision that appears to exist only to wallbounce/wallblast a player to his doom.

It does not work anything like Melee PKT2 or even 64 PKT2. It wallblasts and wallbounces much easier, leading to Ness players having to be at very specific points to actually ledge grab. This leads to a very predictable recovery, on top of it being amazingly gimpable already.

Anyone who plays Ness in B+ or vBrawl knows this, as it is the bane of every Ness/Lucas player in existence.
Eh, I've never had that problem in Brawl but I never use my Ness in tourneys so that's probably true.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
technically, wall teching = ledge teching

it just happens to be a wall near the ledge hence the name "ledge teching"
ledge-teching specifically refers to the technique of SDIing toward the ledge and teching while getting hit near the ledge.

SonioNineteen

Smash Apprentice
so now air dodging is now melee dodge not hybrid dodge.
I didn't really liked Melee dodge that much because if you try to dodge a spike you would end up falling to your death in special fall anyway.

But that just me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I didn't really liked Melee dodge that much because if you try to dodge a spike you would end up falling to your death in special fall anyway.

But that just me.
it's carzy, now you have to time and space your recovery well.
skill? in project m?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace

But that just me.
eh.. someone else will say it so i'll just beat them to it.

1. don't air dodge offstage then.
2. *points at brawl+* have fun with that.
3. there was no point in even bothering with that when there's no chance in hell that they're taking it out.
4. also there are other ways to avoid being spiked. i had to do it with my link vs ikes in vbrawl all the **** time. it's all about how you recover. also, due to high gravity, i don't really think many characters can come off the stage and ***** slap you down to your death consistently without dying anyway, and if they can it would be extremely predictable where they go due to them not being able to travel too far.
5. i think most spikes are combo'd into anyway(marth) so... don't get hit <_<

and now i'm done. good luck with that.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Will Falco's dair have 'spike' trJectory all the way thru? In NTSC this was so, and was a big part of why falco was amazing. They changed the hitboxes to Brawl-style in PAL Melee, where a little more than halfwy the trajectory becomes around 40 degrees. What's the plan for that?

SonioNineteen

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know about Wave Dashing or even most of the advance tricks in melee until I heard about this project.

I just knew about teching and edgehoging.
does any one know any good vids that shows all the advanced tricks and stuff in melee?
i'm hoping to get better with melee cuz it seems like I really need it.

Back in the day I know how to beat alv9 cpu cuz they are really easy and predictable but if I went against someone that knows all the melee advanced tricks I probably get my *** whoop in seconds.

@ Sora Kun

Meh didn't like Brawl+ that much

It got really boring after a while.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
yup !
they will be !!

also :
As a Falco main, and an art enthusiast, I honestly think that Brawl Falco looks 100% better than Melee falco. Brawl falco looks a ton more refined, and perfected. He looks a ton cooler, and more bad a$$.

if you guys like the SSBB falco rather than the SSBM one,
i m not going to release it :urg:
By all means, release it. I'm not about to stop others from having something they enjoy. However, I myself will not be using it. Hopefully said change doesn't change ANYTHING beyond appearance, like hitboxes, and size, because that would suck. Then we be forced to use whichever is backed in PM. If it's merely a change in appearance, then it will be like a texture, use it for customization, sure, but it doesn't effect gameplay.

Nice work though. :)

I'm looking forward to your Yoshi's Story level, looks awesome :D

Regarding all of this Wario talk, I have a solution. Let's just up his aerial mobility (because his aerial mobility sucks), to the point where he can move from one side of FD, and back, in a single jump. That should definitely help his Melee game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I didn't know about Wave Dashing or even most of the advance tricks in melee until I heard about this project.

I just knew about teching and edgehoging.
does any one know any good vids that shows all the advanced tricks and stuff in melee?
i'm hoping to get better with melee cuz it seems like I really need it.
Here ya go. =P

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think GW has plans for that, but I'd like to see some work on Melee Fox more than some additions to a currently complete one.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
LOL Orca. GameWatching is working on Yoshi's Story.
lol, thanks Strong_Bad for correcting me. Yeah, after seeing FroHo's post, I was like... "hmm.. I must have said the wrong level.. or something...."

haha.

ololololololol

Fix'd
:D:D

He was making Yoshi's Story; FrozenHobo was making Dreamland.
Yeah, so basically I royally offended FroHo. :(

FroHo, do you still love me? Will you still have my babies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom