• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
As for landing detection specifically, PW has looked into it but never finished (he's probably bored with Brawl completely). We're trying to get someone else to step in
Well that's not good, if you can't get anybody else to do it, I think the community here won't mind making some donations to PW to continue his work ;)

This NEEDS to get done.

D

Deleted member

No other character has two Nairs, and I admit I don't know much about G&W but I've heard his parachute is better so we used that one.
I don't see how the fishbowl Nair could hurt. Other characters have multiple uses of their own aerials like strong hit sex kicks vs weak hit sex kicks, ko vs spike hitbox, tipper vs non tipper hitboxes. Those moves just combine multiple roles into a single move. The same as making 2 moves into one. This idea of 2 Nairs just applies 2 ideas to 2 different moves.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I don't see how the fishbowl Nair could hurt. Other characters have multiple uses of their own aerials like strong hit sex kicks vs weak hit sex kicks, ko vs spike hitbox, tipper vs non tipper hitboxes. Those moves just combine multiple roles into a single move. The same as making 2 moves into one. This idea of 2 Nairs just applies 2 ideas to 2 different moves.
yea but each nair would have multiple roles also.. so it would still be doubling

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I think the whole 2 nair thing should stay in b-. the parachute is better than a sex kick, by a ton. plus you can l cancel it now, so its even better than it was in melee.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Resounding NO to the fishbowl. That's one of the moves that made Brawl G&W a giant homo instead of the vicious killer he was in Melee.

G

genkaku

Oh yeah, idea.
Can you make it so that Lucas' B down doesn't automatically turn around when I din's fire behind him? It's annoying as heck. He should still be able to turn, I just think that you should have to do it manually. I hate it when someone avoids a move without even meaning to.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Wait, why is the fishbowl so bad? I thought it was his best aerial in brawl aside from his bair....maybe I just have a soft spot for animals? idk....

P.S: If you only you guys could bring back Jigglypuff's ninja headband....

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
Wait, why is the fishbowl so bad? I thought it was his best aerial in brawl aside from his bair....maybe I just have a soft spot for animals? idk....

P.S: If you only you guys could bring back Jigglypuff's ninja headband....
Best arial? Its hitbox is funky and you suffer from a considerable langing lag compared to his other moves. It's a decent move, definitelly not the best.

kruel

Smash Rookie
I don't think it would be that bad in P:M, though. Since L-canceling is being brought back, the only bad thing is the funky hitboxes, and those will probably be changed to better fit his playstyle.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Would it be possible to use the Melee sounds?

and by themselves, all of those brawl sounds seem like they're all having 0rg@zmz/throwing up

humble

Smash Ace
About G&W, will you guys be removing the windbox on his up-air? Does his up-B still fling people like in vBrawl? Will his key be returned to the melee non-auto fastfall version?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
G&W's windboxes, at least on Uair, will most likely be removed to prevent the potential 0% kills off them.
The move won't be as useful, but he has so many options already available that he won't really be missing it.
Not positive on Up B though. If you get rid of the windboxes on Up B it would probably actually be a buff to the move, because more often than not the windboxes will just fling your attacking opponent up with you as you try to get out of a sticky situation.
I can't count the number of times I will Up B my way out of a Captain Falcon combo only to have him ride the windboxes up to me and still land the Knee.

Dair is already returned to Melee status. And it ***** hardcore when you have full control over the key. And if he wanted to replicate Brawl Dair he just has to fast fall it yourself... Thanks Melee for having strictly better versions of moves :)

With a few minor exceptions (Uair, maybe his throws?) G&W is basically set. He doesn't have to deal with the terrible defense from his Melee counterpart, and he doesn't have to deal with the terrible ability to kill reliably from his Brawl counterpart. The man is a death machine.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
****!

I got the Downloader to work so I'll be able to get to work on a trailer sooner then I expected. Hopefully more Melee players will gain interest with its release! so yeah...hype!

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I already removed the windboxes from GW's Vuvuzela when I was fixing the Nair GFX, btw.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Some of those SFX are awful o.O If the order is correct in the description, Peach's heavy SFX are like "Ooo!" and actually sound weaker than her light SFX. :x

iLink

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity, is there anyone in NorCal that has the alpha? I've been playing melee with some people here and I haven't heard of anyone mention it beside a few people that think its an interesting idea.

camelot

Smash Ace
Some of those SFX are awful o.O If the order is correct in the description, Peach's heavy SFX are like "Ooo!" and actually sound weaker than her light SFX. :x
It's true, I actually used one of her "light" pain SFX as a "heavy" one (and vice versa), because it made more sense. Did the same with Diddy and Sheik.

iLink

Smash Champion
^ this is over btw

Sonic looks pretty legit. I liked that ganon model too. The falco one was alright too but I thought it was just a tad too bright or something was off but it might have just been because of the stream.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'll see if we can get a stream up tonight. We're playing with some real Melee players. I'm just not sure we'll have a stable internet connection. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom