• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
glad you guys are enjoying snake. stay tuned for more awesomefied brawl characters. we've got a ton of ideas in store for them!

Sterowent

Smash Ace
He's also not that slow anymore thanks to wavedashing ^_^
And L-canceling, and a shorter nAir, though i'll miss the upward/downward kicks.
kinda makes you wonder why he even knows those kicks. i mean, when would you use them in a normal fight? after jumping off a cliff or somethin?

humble

Smash Ace
And L-canceling, and a shorter nAir, though i'll miss the upward/downward kicks.
kinda makes you wonder why he even knows those kicks. i mean, when would you use them in a normal fight? after jumping off a cliff or somethin?
When he's battling foes while skydiving, obviously.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Snake is about mindgames and mixups now, not broken range and damage.
lol @ a character being about mindgames

yes, snake is mostly about an abstract concept of the mental aspect of smash. mmhmm.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Snake is looking great, Sonic is looking great, I wanna see how Olimar is gonna turn out. Also, has Lucario's UpB improved? I mean, without auto-sweetspot and without being able to act after it, with all the problems it has on edges, it will be awful.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
It doesnt look like there is shield stun in the videos i've watched. am i just blind, or is that something that cant have a universal patch to it?

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm a little curious as to what happened in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vdrKL6N_Sw

if you look at about 1:43 you can see sheik ftilt snake but he doesn't seem to flinch or anything. Is that due to some crouch cancel or was fsmash given some super armor?

Also on the subject of snake, have you guys planned on doing anything with his sideb or are you still exploring it?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
crouch cancel

side B is a WIP

@Pimpfish- of the eight times that someone actually shielded an attack in that match...nothing looked off timing-wise. It's shield pushback that's off.

D

Deleted member

Snake is looking very cool. Nice work Jiang (and others too).

Is it possible to Dair or Nair shields with Snake then grab them frame safe with l-cancels? I saw ground resets with SHFFL Dair which is really cool.

You gotta DACUS more with your sneaky snake Sneak.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I just think he wasn't bothering with his DACUS because it was up against Sheik.
While his DACUS is still useful it just doesn't get the same distance as vBrawl with his friction increased. So it's definitely not as safe, and the last thing you want to be doing against Sheik is giving her a move she can punish with a grab setup into ****. And Snake eats **** harder than most characters with his huge weight.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Snake's playstyle looks very fitting, imo. He appears to have a good number of extremely rewarding reset options, if you guess correctly. The fake C4 detonate really compliments this playstyle well. His mixup potential looks like hilarious fun. Also, I like how SHFFL Nair appears to be a legit zoning tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom