• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovage

Smash Hero
are you guys still working on this? i saw some videos, fox's bair looked good.

can you edgecancel and shield out of your initial dash in this game?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Oh, okay. I never played Melee competitively (not very people play Smash Bros. where I'm from [Wi-Fi got me into the competitive scene]), so I didn't know that "clones" played differently. As for Melee's air dodge, I just don't like it. I find it easier to dodge with Brawl's one, but that's just me. Regarding the no air dodge during tumble, I suppose that goes well with Melee's air dodge, but I also think that it'd be interesting to see Melee's air dodge with air dodge during tumble. I'd also like to see Melee's air dodge, only without causing special fall (so one Ice Climber actually has decent recovery, if you catch my drift). Of course, that'd change the game completely.

normally i'd be one to just yell "that idea's dumb as ****" but think about this a little more.

no air dodge in tumble is NOT ONLY for allowing more combos.. but what does a player have to do many times during a match? tech. directional air dodges are punishable right? imagine trying to tech with air dodge allowed during tumble. you do it a few moments early and go into the punishable air dodge. imagine this vs a fox or a falcon. now what would happen? for one it would be annoying as hell and second you'd get your *** handed to you.

it's the way that it is for a reason.

and infinite directional air dodges is indeed a stupid idea <_<
if it isn't broke don't fix it. the melee one worked fine and allows for many advanced techniques that keep the game technical and fast paced and thus keeping brawl air dodge or changing the melee one is an overall bad idea.

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
LOL I tried anyways.

Project looks cool fellas, I am an avid melee player, but I actually started with brawl. I'm excited to try it out.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Too bad PM sucks *** and it will never be as good as Melee or brawl!!!!!!!!!

y cant u just adapt or play melee u have to ruin good games like brawl!!!! brawl is good u just suck at it!! NOOBS

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Too bad PM sucks *** and it will never be as good as Melee or brawl!!!!!!!!!

y cant u just adapt or play melee u have to ruin good games like brawl!!!! brawl is good u just suck at it!! NOOBS

Holy **** it double posted. ._.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I have no doubt that those god-awful textures will be fixed on Dreamland, but something isn't right about the stage. It almost makes me want to go back and restart my Dreamland project that I started but never really progressed on....

shanus

Smash Hero
I have no doubt that those god-awful textures will be fixed on Dreamland, but something isn't right about the stage. It almost makes me want to go back and restart my Dreamland project that I started but never really progressed on....
This was FroHos early beta of dreamland. Its an early work-in-progress which will no doubt be improved upon greatly.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Snake looks legit. His C4 as his prime finisher is a great niche for him, and distinguishes him very nicely from other chars.

shanus

Smash Hero
Snake's damage nerfs are ridiculous. He's a slow character, come on.
You have to realize that this game is entirely different and viewing a character based on damage between moves (not even considering knockback) is wholeheartedly foolish.

Snake is really good, but needs to be offensive and set-up stage control to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom