• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleyva

Smash Ace
not to add to the barrage of questions (>_>) but are samus and link gonna retain their zairs as viable attacks?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yes, but they're not having the crazy low landing lag that Brawl's did. It's somewhere in between Melee and Brawl so that they're viable but not spammable.

stRIP

Smash Ace
As I've seen it, besides Aerial Glidetoss you can Aerial Glidezair (or whatever it is called)

In Melee you could Zair anytime during a dodge, in Brawl too. But in PM it gives you a boost (if i'm remembering right)

sry 4 crappy english btw.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Gamedominator,

when are you going to get tired of answering the same questions like I did? If you don't you're a trooper.
Usually I do if it gets repeated twice or so within a page of each other. Also, some questions bother me more than others (ie. why are you guiz reverting Falco back to his clone form in Melee?).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the brawl physics engine carries momentum unlike the melee one which is why we have things like glide tossing (you could cancel your roll with a item throw in melee too but it stops your momentum when you throw. see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0w7IXE-NhM)

this is also why we have aerial glide tossing in project m.

so they'd have to completely revamp the physics engine to make it just like melee lol. i doubt thats even possible

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
By aerial glide toss, I assume you mean pressing z and a direction during an airdodge (at least on a gamecube controller, standard setting)? because that would be the only way it would work. And this is also the cause of boosted zairs (ex. link)?

Also, do you guys plan on keeping aerial glide toss in? jw

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I noticed this in Brawl-, Brawl+, and in Project M - what is the purpose of removing the ability to airdodge in tumble?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
the brawl physics engine carries momentum unlike the melee one which is why we have things like glide tossing (you could cancel your roll with a item throw in melee too but it stops your momentum when you throw. see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0w7IXE-NhM)

this is also why we have aerial glide tossing in project m.

so they'd have to completely revamp the physics engine to make it just like melee lol. i doubt thats even possible

The melee physics engine also carries momentum. Funny that the very video that you posted is evidence of that. This is also evident in wavedashes (airdodges carry momentum into the ground), jump cancel grabs or upsmashes (dashes carry momentum into jumping, which carries into other things), sliding whenever you shield out of a full run, keeping momentum after teching horizontally sending hits (which brawl actually does NOT do), ect, ect.

The difference is that there is more FRICTION in melee, which stops momentum sooner.

Air glide tossing exists because you can cancel the airdodge in the air. In regards to carrying momentum, it is very akin to wavedashing when you think about it.

1. Airdodge gives initial momentum
2. Airdodge is canceled mid animation
3. Character does new action with retained momentum.

In fact, the amount of momentum kept is arguably the same, the only difference would be the resistance to said momentum (ground friction vs max air speed)

Don't make up reasons that this can't work <_<.

By aerial glide toss, I assume you mean pressing z and a direction during an airdodge (at least on a gamecube controller, standard setting)? because that would be the only way it would work. And this is also the cause of boosted zairs (ex. link)?

Also, do you guys plan on keeping aerial glide toss in? jw

Aerial glide toss is...glide tossing in the air 0_o. In brawl (and melee, though it's not useful there) you can cancel your roll by throwing an item during the early part of the roll. Well apparently it applies to airdodges as well in brawl (that or the melee airdodge code enabled it or something). You cancel the airdodge animation, but retain the momentum you got from starting the airdodge.

I noticed this in Brawl-, Brawl+, and in Project M - what is the purpose of removing the ability to airdodge in tumble?
Well, in brawl+ and brawl- it's to allow for more strings (they're technically out of hitstun, but in order to airdodge they'd have to wiggle out, which cannot be buffered). In P:M it's pretty much because it was in melee.:p

Zamerux

Smash Rookie
Hmmm....

Can peach's float gain extra height?
That would be GREAT b/c in Brawl, well, you KNOW how bad her second Jump is/was.
Also, will Kirby's hammer get nerfed, or Jigg's Rest get a buff?
Can't wait for competetive play!

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm....

Can peach's float gain extra height?
That would be GREAT b/c in Brawl, well, you KNOW how bad her second Jump is/was.
Also, will Kirby's hammer get nerfed, or Jigg's Rest get a buff?
Can't wait for competetive play!
its melee dude just think about it.;)

G

genkaku

Anyone who thinks that melee's engine doesn't carry momentum needs to play more Luigi.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
oh my LORD the **** people are doing to brawl is rediculous. That stage with Bowser in the background and theres lava everywhere... MY GOD SON. The vertex hacks are perfect too.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
wow where did all these random people come from? xDD

i guess word on Project M is spreading and it's making a big impression on people ;)

Revven

FrankerZ
I finished my P:M charizard combo vid

no one wants me to upload it =/
Fearless upload them as private and friend friend projectmelee on youtube and share thrm ftom there. Ee'll fdecide accordingly afterwards
^That is still acceptable. It just can't be made public for Charizard isn't complete and afaik not much has been done to him other than adding Flame canceling.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
ok i uploaded the combo vid as unlisted so you need to link to view it

pm me if you want to see it (alpha only)

also, figured out a glitch, if charizard dairs g+w out of his nair, his nair stays out and follows him around and doensn't go away til he nairs again. like he literally runs around with a parachute its pretty funny

D

Deleted member

Side-b idea: give Kirby a star rod with a star projectile for his side-b due to his new Nair effectively rendering his hammer less useful. Kirby that can zone and camp would be nifty.

Another idea: Give kirby an ability to use any aerial to cancel his rock in mid air and retain the downward momentum for a period to enhance the aerial.

Just wondering, what work is being thought up or done on kirby?

Starscream

Smash Ace
I have nothing but love and respect for this project but Kirby's new Nair animation is really ugly... Please tell me it isn't final? And I only mean the animation, I have no problem with his Nair being 64 style. Can't he use Jiggs' Nair animation instead?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yeah, that'll change.

Also, good news, Mario / Doc mains. Mario's cape now turns around shielding opponents.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
this project looks VERY promising :) I have one question though. Will Sheik be able to shino stall (up+b stall on the ledge)?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Shell now that ur on a Q&A streak.....

did Snake's side-b revert back to default or any new plans for it?

are we gonna have greater KB than melee to compensate for Brawl's DI potency? or how is that gonna go about....because even if we match KB and stage boundaries, won't Brawls engine make it so it doesn't play like melee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom