• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseBob

Smash Rookie
ah, i didn't make much of a name for myself anyway at the time. i remember you from your topics about that game u were inventing.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
ah, i didn't make much of a name for myself anyway at the time. i remember you from your topics about that game u were inventing.
Hehe, I was pretty nooby back then.

I quit all of those projects when I realized that I'd rather develop my own concepts than create fan-games (which is what I've been doing to this day) :D

Oh wow, good times though. So much hype for Brawl, developing move-sets for characters and discussing whether a character should be in or not.

I remember the forums like exploded when Sonic was revealed...

*Sigh* :awesome:

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
Ok, after playing sonic for the past few weeks against a friend of mine who uses just about everyone.

Sonic seems to be lacking in K.O. Power compared to just about everyone else on the demo roster, and i mean heavily lacking kill power in comparison. Heavily relying on gimps or really high percentage kills.

I doubt i'm that horrible with him, i mean i have won matches with him, though it just seems ridiculously hard and aggrivating to do so.

Think it's just me?

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Ok, after playing sonic for the past few weeks against a friend of mine who uses just about everyone.

Sonic seems to be lacking in K.O. Power compared to just about everyone else on the demo roster, and i mean heavily lacking kill power in comparison. Heavily relying on gimps or really high percentage kills.

I doubt i'm that horrible with him, i mean i have won matches with him, though it just seems ridiculously hard and aggrivating to do so.

Think it's just me?
My friend is waiting for yoshi so he's been playin sonic, he is not a GOD with him but he manages with every character as well mus of us probbly do, and i do feel the same fighting him he kos me at 130 150 and thats b'cuz he was able to land a fsmash i think it wouldnt hurt to give him more killing power on tilts or down/up smash, but what the hell would i know no body pays attention to my posts just shadic some times.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Sonics fair as a edgeguard is the move i get most kills with when i use sonic, i dunno he doesn't seem to weak to me.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I get kills with nair, fair, bair, uair sometimes, Dsmash and fsmash.

Gimping is so easy with sonic though, lol. 27% spring gimps on Sheik. **** yes.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
I hear what you guys are saying, but i think the best way to get my point accross would be to just post a video.

He does have a great recovery, i often times get my kills off the stage. I hardly ever kill with Fsmash and usually kill with Fair or Bair or the up-b.

He sonic seems to lack a lot of priority compared to other characters and doesn't have a move that punishes when the opponent messes up to me.

IE: Falcon's knee, Sheiks Fair, Jiggs Rest, Falco's (insert here), fox's usmash, snake's (insert here), zelda's heel etc etc. It just seems sonic is missing that. Though I can wait for the rest of the cast, like to play with most characters before picking a main.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Well... yeah. If you want to rely on one move to get the job done then you're kinda out of luck for Sonic.

He is still really respectible in the more subtle things of the game. Shield pressure, mindgames, conditioning your opponent and most notably... Sonic is really safe.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
Well... yeah. If you want to rely on one move to get the job done then you're kinda out of luck for Sonic.

He is still really respectible in the more subtle things of the game. Shield pressure, mindgames, conditioning your opponent and most notably... Sonic is really safe.
True, it just seems that in a game of "Punishers" sonic might be at a disadvantage compared to most. I would really love to main sonic, which i probably still will.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm probably not gonna touch PM until the patch comes out. Its been kind of dry for me lately.. it was definitely fun when it first came out as a demo though.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Speak for yourself.

But seriously no tumble DI in Brawl!?!
WTF?

So glad the patch is coming out.

So does Crouch Cancelling work better now?

Edit: never mind.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
True, it just seems that in a game of "Punishers" sonic might be at a disadvantage compared to most. I would really love to main sonic, which i probably still will.
Actually, Sonic might be one of the best character in the demo. I don't think he's as good as say... Fox and Falco, But he still can hold his own against them very well. I think he's extremely potent.

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
People just haven't developed styles with Sonic that revolve around gimping.

He's a very potent character, for sure.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I've always thought that. I still think Marth is second best in melee and the only reason why he dropped was due to lack of representation and placing.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sheik and Falco are better than Marth. That's for damn sure.

edit: I never could agree with people who think Marth is better than Falco. Falco's almost better than him in every way possible. And I think the reason Marths getting worse is because his metagame halted in like 08, yet Falco and Fox (mainly Falco) are still growing. And Sheik ***** everyone that isn't a spacie or Jiggs (esp. Marth, KK says this mu is unwinnable on Marths part)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yeah... I agree with Twist.

Marth's playstyle doesn't really have any glaring flaws, it's just not as good as the characters above him.

My Melee Tier List, would be...:

S Tier:
Fox
Falco

A Tier:
Jigglypuff
Sheik - Maybe swap/go even with Marth in PAL?
Marth

B Tier:
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers - Possible Bias here due to me being an ICs main.

C Tier:
Ganondorf - Maybe go a bit lower in PAL (swap with Doc)?
Dr. Mario
Luigi - Really underrated and underrepresented
Mario - Scorp a dorp, almost as good as Doc
Pikachu - Axe

D Tier:
Samus - Overrated
Link
Young Link
Donkey Kong

E Tier:
Roy
Mewtwo
Zelda
Yoshi
Mr. Game & Watch

F Tier:
Ness - Yoyo Glitch
Pichu - Decent against spacies
Kirby - Decent against non-spacies
Bowser - Fail against everyone.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i have zero problems killing with Sonic (like ....none)

even if he were to be lacking in power (which i don't see), he is such a versatile character and has sooooo many ways of killing that it would be ridiculous to give him more K.O power

like JC said, if you're there trying to land one move to get a kill then you're playing him wrong. you gotta use his speed and versatility to your advantage. going offstage is no problem for sonic and always gets the job done

i **** spacies so hard with Sonic har har har

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I disagree with Jiggs, DK, Samus, and Bowser.

Jiggs isn't better than Sheik imo. DK is literally one of the most under played characters in the game. The only good ones now is Mexican and PKM (and he never plays him). Samus is also really under represented. The only good one now is HugS. Bowser places much higher than most of the characters above him (Ness, Pichu, Kirby, Yoshi, G&W, Roy [BTW Roy is BADDDDD, way worse than Zelda and Mewtwo]) becuase of DJ and WK.

I R MarF

Smash Ace

edit: I never could agree with people who think Marth is better than Falco. Falco's almost better than him in every way possible. And I think the reason Marths getting worse is because his metagame halted in like 08, yet Falco and Fox (mainly Falco) are still growing. And Sheik ***** everyone that isn't a spacie or Jiggs (esp. Marth, KK says this mu is unwinnable on Marths part)
Nah, Marth and Falco are equal. They aren't ditto equal or Fox/Marth equal but they definitely balance eachother out. Onstage, Falco can put up hella pressure and combo the crap out of Marth. However, all Marth needs to do is get Falco offstage and then its completely Marth's favor.

Also, Shiek vs Marth is really only as bad as Peach vs Falco. With raw statistics the MU clearly favors Shiek over Marth and Peach over Falco, but if you learn the MU, its winnable.

Shiek vs Falcon is deabatable though. That might be near unwinnable lol.

However, I do agree that Marth is only getting bad because his meta game is old. He still has a lot of potential. Especially in offstage edge guarding (which I feel could be more aggressive) and his side-b remains underused. Also, it seems as though that the frequent use of edge hogging has led a lot of players to stop going for sweet spots all together. I am waiting for the Marth player who is smart enough to exploit that and opt for onstage edge guards for kills instead of edge hogs.

makoforce

Smash Ace

KK never said anything of the such. Marht and sheik is like 60:40. We marth just overrated it because everyone else is easier.

secondly, falco is not better than marth in every way
marth has chaingrabs , gimping an uber combos on falco (falco has them also though) and marth has range

falco has a laser we can dash under, and we can counter,fsmash,ftilt,uptilt his very predictable approach. we also got a CP advantage over him
im not tyrna argue im just sayin

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Nah, Marth and Falco are equal. They aren't ditto equal or Fox/Marth equal but they definitely balance eachother out. Onstage, Falco can put up hella pressure and combo the crap out of Marth. However, all Marth needs to do is get Falco offstage and then its completely Marth's favor.
I wasn't referring to the MU, I think Falco is an overall better character than Marth. And it's only even on FD and DL64, Falco has a slight advantage on every other stage.

Also, Shiek vs Marth is really only as bad as Peach vs Falco. With raw statistics the MU clearly favors Shiek over Marth and Peach over Falco, but if you learn the MU, its winnable.
So, I can listen to you, a random player I've never heard about (no offense, I'm random too) or KirbyKaze, one of the best Sheiks in the world. I'm gonna go with KK on this one dude. Ask him about it, he'll tell you why it's so bad.

Shiek vs Falcon is deabatable though. That might be near unwinnable lol.
... you do know I'm, like, one of the main posters on the Falcon boards, right? Hax thinks it's even. His says if you play really gay, don't tech a lot, and you punish her to the full extent of a good punish (AKA a 0-death) it's even. KK had his on write up on how Amsah was just playing the MU terribly because he kept on going in the air (with is fine in every MU with Sheik, except for Falcon) and getting *****.

KK never said anything of the such. Marht and sheik is like 60:40. We marth just overrated it because everyone else is easier.

secondly, falco is not better than marth in every way
marth has chaingrabs , gimping an uber combos on falco (falco has them also though) and marth has range

falco has a laser we can dash under, and we can counter,fsmash,ftilt,uptilt his very predictable approach. we also got a CP advantage over him
im not tyrna argue im just sayin
*sigh* brb gotta find that damn post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom