• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
worst two pages I've ever read in this thread
and that's saying a lot.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Having a seizure watching both streams! I really need to stop doing this.!

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
yep, i think everybody's going to be able to reverse ledge grab out of upb (except kirby D[noparse]:)[/noparse], but at this point they havent been able to edit the range of reverse ledge grabs so characters still have magnets on the backs of their heads if not the fronts

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of grabbing the ledge, will this be posible?:

Run to ledge, once near ledge hit opposite direction on control stick, wavedash off of ledge.

Since it's possible to RAR in PM, this should to be the fastest method to grab the ledge out of running.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
umm yea....that's obviously replacing the old method of doing it.......it's almost just as fast as simply running off ledge and holding back

I R MarF

Smash Ace
yep, i think everybody's going to be able to reverse ledge grab out of upb (except kirby D[noparse]:)[/noparse], but at this point they havent been able to edit the range of reverse ledge grabs so characters still have magnets on the backs of their heads if not the fronts
Are they able to remove them? it seems safer for the P:M team to remove them until they figure out how to edit them. This would guard them from criticism when the demo is released and prevent ridiculous reverse grab shenanigans.

While I would prefer only specific chars could reverse up-b grab like in melee, I assume I am a minority and hope that when they are able to edit them, they'll be made smaller than forward grabbing.

Also, in regards to the new ledge grab ats, they shouldn't bring back ledge occupancy garbage from melee in an effort to keep edgehogging balanced.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I ... wow there are a lot of new and insterting stages.

Question one: There was this one stage near the right hand coner of the select screen that I can not tell what it is (Near Metal Cave 64 at the top but not metal cave 64.)

Question two: Norfair sky world and green hill seem to of been changed. Do you have a version of thoughs stages intact and untoched for the casual player in Project M (To have all the sexy new stages with all the old ones a well would be :awesome:)

Revven

FrankerZ
In case you guys forgot, as the thread title implies, Show Me Your News will be interviewing some of the team behind Project M (Shanus, Strong Bad, and Dantarion) during a live podcast (Sunday, 2:30 PM Eastern).

Tomorrow, I will be creating an outline for said interview. If you have any questions for the team, please send them to via private message ASAP and I will be sure to credit you while asking them on the show. Thanks!
Just quoting as a reminder for tomorrow.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Are they able to remove them? it seems safer for the P:M team to remove them until they figure out how to edit them. This would guard them from criticism when the demo is released and prevent ridiculous reverse grab shenanigans.

While I would prefer only specific chars could reverse up-b grab like in melee, I assume I am a minority and hope that when they are able to edit them, they'll be made smaller than forward grabbing.

Also, in regards to the new ledge grab ats, they shouldn't bring back ledge occupancy garbage from melee in an effort to keep edgehogging balanced.
i think at the moment they have been unable to change them in any way, but i think it's safe to say itll be figured out by the time the official, full release rolls around

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Nice, I shall be watching :) How long does it run for.
That's a good question. We'll be interviewing the Project M guys first and have about ten inquisitive questions for them. But then, since we are also a gaming podcast, we'd like for you all to stick around as we and the Project M guys discuss 3DS, NGP, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and much more.

I'd estimate about a two-hour-long show. Maybe 45 minutes of that will be the interview? It's hard to say, though, since things will be PACKED with awesomeness.

Shanus, Strong Bad, and Dantarion - I am PMing you our outline now.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I was wondering...If it turns out Landing detection cannot and will not ever be solved could other measures be taken to normalize a few things and just...move on?

For example could Falco be edited so that he shoots his lasers a bit lower naturally? or the speed of Fox's lasers be changed so that he could SH double laser?...etc

thoughts?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Fox can already shorthop double laser. People who do it in Melee are lucky; it's easy as heck in Melee.

But yeah essentially what Stevo said. I'm leaning towards it being possible though.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Fox can already shorthop double laser. People who do it in Melee are lucky; it's easy as heck in Melee.

But yeah essentially what Stevo said. I'm leaning towards it being possible though.
I know it's possible to do but not as possible. considering it was already hard to do I believe it could be made like....1/10th easier at least :(. It's like SH double Fairing with marth. Yea you can still do it but it's a struggle.

Anyways I'm hoping that it gets fixed to but I was only asking this question in a "what if" scenario.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
People who /do/ it in Melee are lucky, because about 90% of them are lasering on frame 2 or 3 of airborne. From playing Project M all the time I usually laser on frame 1 or 2 of airborne, since that's the only way SHDL is possible.
since landing detection sucks

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Some stages have been edited to be more competitive, some haven't. In the final release, however, both versions of every such stage will be available.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
^
for pirate ship im guessing they......froze it and removed the catapult but probably kept the cannon balls (idk just basing it on what they did to Halberd)

and the water mechanic has been tweaked.......btw is that still being experimented on or u guys have a pretty set idea on it?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
<JCaesar>: livestream coming soon

so....uh yeah.

EDIT: @magmadragoon, we are not going to remove any stages for the final release. The demo will only have a set amount of stages included.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
EDIT: @magmadragoon, we are not going to remove any stages for the final release. The demo will only have a set amount of stages included.
Ok, good :).

Also just call me Dragoon or Dragoon Fighter.
I just have my name temporarly changed as a tribute to the Megaman X series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom