• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure. The way i see it is like if i am on a slope and fsmash she would angle it down depending on the slopes direction. Now if i am standing on a straight platform and try to angle it down, it doesn't even register or she just does a fsmash... Unless it was a brawl+ glitch.
Try charging your F-Smash [A + D-Stick forward direction], then roll the D-Stick a quarter circle up or down Street Fighter style. You get an angled smash when u release.

Magus420

Smash Master
In melee smashes are a single action and the angle of a smash is determined when you first input the move. In brawl each smash is broken up into 3 actions (Pre charge->Charge->Post charge) and you pick the angle at the start of the post charge.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
Angle to smash attacks are only registered right before the release of the attack, after the charge frame of the smash attack. You don't angle the tap smash like you do in Melee to get angled smashes in Brawl.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
don't u guys hate love how Magus knows everything? :3

and so, is it being left alone? or possible to revert?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It does actually feel significantly easier to control which certainly isn't a bad thing in this case. Your smash direction isn't set in stone until the moment you release it.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Uh, I'm not really sure how the term airchasing caught on so much.

But to simplify.

The idea is that Pit's new side B will simply put him into his glide instantly (and a fast glide too.) I was discussing giving him fairly low angled aerials (nothing crazy) that have little aerial cool down so that he could use glide to chase them. The idea was to keep his combos low enough to the ground so that he wouldn't be to vulnerable if something went wrong, and use glide attack or dair at the end to "reset."

Yes, it's basically making Pit focus around glide combos and strings (I doubt gliding in between hits would allow him to produce that many legitimate combos, but people forget how **** having disjointed hitboxes is. It hardly matters that they're not in hitstun when you can cover every option they have with a single sequence).

The term "air chasing" came about because while discussing this little aspect of putting quick successions of strings together, spam arrows related it to tech chasing...but in the air.

atm there hasn't been any work in this direction specifically (the side B instant glide already exists in another experimental build however)
YAY I invented something!

Anyways it should be awesome. Also we had alot of talk about Roy's new build. Not sure if he wrote that down though.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Everything we discussed about roy is basically hypothetical since there's a likely chance of the clone engine to not work after all.

Other than that only darksonic is from the pmbr between the three of us.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Darksonic should have those notes M0nk, I'd ask him.

Also, with ROB vids being public.....,YEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHZZZZ,

Stevo

Smash Champion
I will find out when the demo is released, but I feel like asking now anyway.

I know Mario was given his melee down-b, but I'm wonderring whether that includes how laggy it was....
was the end lag reduced at all? or maybe it brings you higher than before?

it feels like it could use a minor buff from its melee version

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I don't think it needs much of a buff from its Melee form other than less endlag

besides, his up-b to walljump is 100 times easier now

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
In case you guys forgot, as the thread title implies, Show Me Your News will be interviewing some of the team behind Project M (Shanus, Strong Bad, and Dantarion) during a live podcast (Sunday, 2:30 PM Eastern).

Tomorrow, I will be creating an outline for said interview. If you have any questions for the team, please send them to via private message ASAP and I will be sure to credit you while asking them on the show. Thanks!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I think a nice buff to the Mario Tornado is have it preserve horizontal momentum, makes it better to recover with, and makes it more useful in an attack string. vBrawl's d-air kept momentum, and that's one thing I liked about it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Thanks for explaining Falco.

Imo Anything regarding items should probably be low priority.

Speaking of items. After the final pm release, do u guys plan to balance items and final smashes? that'd be awesome.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
toaster, the videos you posted look weird after the first 30 seconds, it's the same thing I told you in the channel a while ago, they seem fine and right on the 30 second mark they get choppy and stuff.

I'm convinced it's not my PC, but just in case, did the rest of the people who watched them also see it?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Thanks for telling me about the video. I'll try to solve that issue. I kind of have a slower computer so I'm lucky I'm even able to record things. XD

Edit: Are you sure it's not the video quality that you're playing it at? Changing it to 240p on youtube seemed to fix the framerate issues for me. I'll still try to get another app to record with. I currently use wmm. :V

NeoZ

Smash Ace
The weird thing is it only happens with your videos, and it's always when it reaches the 30 second mark.
I just tried 480 and it still happens.

EDIT: same thing in 240, the crappy quality just makes it less noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom