• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Project M is playable on ANY Wii, without any hardware modification, and even without any longterm software modification. All that is needed to get started is an SD card and a copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl

isnt that wrong, since u cant install brawlbox on version 4.3e, plus if your wii lense is dusty, then it also wont work. I have both problems :(
You don't need homebrew channel or brawlbox. An SD card will do.

Of course if your Wii lens is dirty and won't run Brawl, it won't run PM either. It's got nothing to do with software or hardware modification, however.

jalued

Smash Lord
You don't need homebrew channel or brawlbox. An SD card will do.

Of course if your Wii lens is dirty and won't run Brawl, it won't run PM either. It's got nothing to do with software or hardware modification, however.
you dont need homebrew? how does that work? Will there be a PAl release as well or just NTSC?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
you dont need homebrew? how does that work? Will there be a PAl release as well or just NTSC?
If I understand correctly, the code is uploaded by exploiting a glitch in the stage builder.

Revven

FrankerZ
There is a planned PAL release, whether or not it will release the same day is unclear. But you can use an exploit in the stage builder to access Gecko OS which can then be used to load Project M. Don't forget you do have the possibility to use an ISO as well (you just have to learn how to get it set up).

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I was watching some PM videos, and it appears as though there's no ledge occupancy. Is that true?

Shinn`

Smash Rookie
Desperately need Roy for Project M, it's just not Melee without Roy, considering he was my main. ;__; The "?" NEEDs to turn out to be Roy. ;__;

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Wow some dude on fsmash didnt help me with project M and was being a total *** -_- So I have connection with people so now I have it and the dude started screaming over it so I was like shut up I have it now and their nothing you can do about it and leave me alone. He then made me mad by makin fun o me for no reason and then made P.I ban me off Fsmash for no reason even though he started it all >.>. You Project M people (or that 1 guy more specificly) are mean and disrespectful and now im ban no reason what so ever off my brawling cite . So ima post Project link up everywere if I dont get unban in the next 8 hours.

Im sorry but it is just rude of that guy to just make me ban off my favorite brawl cite because I have project M.
Did you post the link on fsmash? You wouldn't get banned for having it. You'd get banned for giving it to people.

And no, you got a leaked build and are asking for help with it. Of course people won't help you or be nice to you. We aren't mean and disrespectful. You're ridiculously disrespectful for downloading our work and giving it to other people against our wishes before we're done with it. You're tarnishing our reputation by giving other people unfinished work. At least have the decency to keep it to yourself if you have it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

shanus

Smash Hero
abel, hop on the PM public irc and messgae me when you are on - this is not for the forums and we'll discuss it there

@everyone else - please do not flame abel and move on with the conversation, I'll take care of the rest. thanks!

ssbkid~

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for this demo to come out!

I have a small suggestion though.
Can you guys make Ness' PK thunder pass through walls?
It sucks that he gets stuck in certain stages that have a space between two buildings (Fourside, Saffron city, etc) without being able to recover because of his UP+B.
Lucas doesn't really suffer from this because of his tether recovery.
I don't think the PK thunder passing through walls would affect his game too much, but it would be a nice way to help his little problem.

shanus

Smash Hero
You got it wrong dude. I got ban for wanting to know if I had to use gecko to use it. I already had the file and just wanted to know how to use it. I did not say anything on what I saw inside the project nor did I say anything about it. All I wanted to know is how to play it using gecko and He then pissed me off for no reason. And please dont call me an idiot because I was referring to *that guy* and not the whole project M community.
please read my above post, hop on the projectm public irc (accessible through smashmods) and we'll figure out the fsmash incident stuff. let's not continue any of this flaming/etc here.

iLink

Smash Champion
It still looks like you guys are using the old background for the FD. This is the newest one if you guys are going to put it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
When do you expect the pages for Mario, Zelda, and Lucas to be up? I'm particularly curious for the last two.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Desperately need Roy for Project M, it's just not Melee without Roy, considering he was my main. ;__; The "?" NEEDs to turn out to be Roy. ;__;
Help with the clone engine, and it will be a reality. :)

Time to look for a place to learn a bit of ASM, since I seemed to have maxed out on what can be edited in the stage.rels without ASM knowledge.

Revven

FrankerZ
When do you expect the pages for Mario, Zelda, and Lucas to be up? I'm particularly curious for the last two.
They'll be up probably in the next few days to a week. We really wanted to get the site out on time rather than keeping you guys wondering and worried. So instead of rushing those pages out they'll be updates you can look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom