• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wow.

Very nice website.

Are the demo characters finalized in their movesets outside of balance tweaking?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Are the demo characters finalized in their movesets outside of balance tweaking?
The characters that are released with the demo should be very close to finished. There's a very, very small chance that we'd touch them before the final release, in most cases. We'd have the be A) shown something extremely over-centralizing to the point where it detracts from the game, B) Bad glitches, or C) Have new codes that let us do things that we've been meaning to do. (Tethers.)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
If they're almost done then how come Lucas doesn't have a character page?

Or is it because he's being slightly tweaked but he'll be finished by the time the demo comes out?

shanus

Smash Hero
If they're almost done then how come Lucas doesn't have a character page?

Or is it because he's being slightly tweaked but he'll be finished by the time the demo comes out?
2-3 pages are work-in-progress. keep your eyes posted and they'll be up within the next few days

i'm glad i don't need to be so secretive now!

shanus

Smash Hero
Squirtle is pretty well progressed, charizard is decently progressed (needs substantial tuning), ivysaur hasn't had much progress

shanus

Smash Hero
Nothing is finalized at the moment, but the real theme to squirtle is enhancing the concept of his shellshift / unique ground movement capabilities

shanus

Smash Hero
Landing detection alterations will not be in the demo. We will likely have several global codes which will be made/altered after demo release.

@ruhtereal - outdated (leaked) builds are nothing to base opinions on, or even discuss. Since the aforementioned leaked build we have made 681 file changes as an example. This is why we like to have control of our builds private to not taint the image of any work-in-progress files!

kaizo13

Smash Champion
"FLAME CHOKE: Make your opponent regret ever being born"

lol awesome job on the character pages guys

iLink

Smash Champion
at leats with the airdodge melee style, the theter recovery of link was improved a little

but he still have the limit of 3 Zair with out touching the ground?
He can only do one if you don't actually grab the ledge since he goes into special fall. If you mean grab the ledge then let go and zair grab it again, I'm not sure.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yes. You can only grab the ledge with tethers up to 3 times without being on-stage. This is how Brawl is.
There has been no discussion so far as to whether or not we want to change it.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I had the pleasure of playing this today and I want to express how happy I am with the product so far. Really great work done by everyone.

I want to express a concern, even though I know she's definitely still an in-progress character, with ZSS' neutral B. PSing still seems really easy and nB is basically the same as it was in Brawl, so it's easy to reflect it back at her... I doubt anyone will ever use it. :p

Dair could also use a new animation although I know this is sort of a tall order.

She kills pretty late, and dies really early off-stage... her recovery is like super bad.

Otherwise totally happy with ZSS and with the game so far. I love the new side-b. :)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
about tethers.....are u able to jump out of them as soon as it latches on ala Melee? that would help recoveries alot and add mixups/options. u could MAD towards stage to Z-air(ledge grab) to jump cancel to MAD onto stage, right?

would make up for the lack of the Melee tether mechanic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I had the pleasure of playing this today and I want to express how happy I am with the product so far. Really great work done by everyone.

I want to express a concern, even though I know she's definitely still an in-progress character, with ZSS' neutral B. PSing still seems really easy and nB is basically the same as it was in Brawl, so it's easy to reflect it back at her... I doubt anyone will ever use it. :p
Did you realize you can cancel it with a Dash? :p

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
So what is the CSS going to look like in the demo, will it only have the 14 characters or will it have all of them and only have 14 of them altered in any way.

Also how about the SSS? Will that stage icons and portraits already going to be placed, and are the new stages replacing old unbalanced ones, or are they just being inserted without replacing any old ones.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Did you realize you can cancel it with a Dash? :p
I did.

The problem with this, is that it's still really easy to PS it, so running out of it just makes you run right into reflected plasma and gets your face eaten. You can't retreat, for whatever reason the game doesn't currently allow it. Even if you could, that wouldn't make the move useful.

I said it in the IRC earlier but I still think the best solution is to make the move more blaster-y in the spirit of Melee. I'd give her Falco's laser animation and make the move land cancel, basically making it a slow-moving laser with a different effect. It's in the spirit of the game but still unique.

Honestly, it would give ZSS something special, too, because as cool as the individual tweaks on her are, she still has nothing really amazing and she drops like a brick off-stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom