• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Clone Engine update.
Absolutely no progress. Honestly, I have better things to do ATM

But seriously, I am working on things that are almost as important as actual Project M development, while still being relatted to project M

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
That's fine Dant. Use your magic on more important stuff for right now. The sooner that gets done, the quicker the open beta gets out for balance testing.

Anyway, im all for that balanced brawl ness fair. It really makes people think twice about blocking every aerial that comes their way.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Fsmash and down-B both do like ... 80% shield damage I believe. Dair also eats shields, and some of his other moves do extra shield damage as well.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
can you leave diddy exactly the way he is? I'll play in tournaments with that diddy. He was a lot of fun. I can actually control that diddy better than brawl diddy.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
....lol

really?
It's like P:M offers more, better, and faster movement options. :awesome:

Anyways, I doubt Diddy will see much in the way of changes. His physics will likely see some minor tweaking, maybe a few hitbox touch-ups to compensate for higher gravity and no vertical KB boost, but as you said, he's a solid character in a Melee environment.

Yes people, we change what doesn't work, and leave what does. GASP. Like we've said all along!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There's still that exploding glitch with his up-B. And his hitbox sizes will need to be shrunk to Melee size with the rest of the cast.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Are you guys going to give Diddy a sexy wavedash to compensate for the fact that glide tosses are not good here??

Or can he manage without it?

D

Deleted member

I was going to say something like "I wonder if somebody is making a Project: 64", then I realized what I said.

64 Ness was a really fun character, but like most 64 characters he wouldn't fit in Melee.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeeeah, then that would be OP if he had 64 AND melee dair. Fast and AC dair. What about his Fair? Isn't that meant to be an approach. And what to do with PSI Mag...

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Her side b doesn't directly affect damage the ways it's been used so far at high levels of P:M. It mostly applies a sense of pressure as well as territory that can make it hard for the opponent to correctly choose options to approach her. At least that's what i've seen.
personally, i think it'd be more interesting if they had individual timers. keep the three din limit, but each one will explode on its own after however long, but doing more than the limit will just make the first one disappear and be replaced.

i'm pretty sure the pmbr's discussed that concept, though, and decided against it since it seems fairly obvious, so i'm curious if they actually considered it and what the reasoning against it was.

jalued

Smash Lord
i personally think his psi magnet should have the same properties as melee ness, but be JCable so that he doesnt have to have such horrific endlag anymore. Maybe slightly faster startup too

shanus

Smash Hero
personally, i think it'd be more interesting if they had individual timers. keep the three din limit, but each one will explode on its own after however long, but doing more than the limit will just make the first one disappear and be replaced.

i'm pretty sure the pmbr's discussed that concept, though, and decided against it since it seems fairly obvious, so i'm curious if they actually considered it and what the reasoning against it was.
It's actually a technical limitation. Its a module controlled float which causes all dins to detonate at the same time.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
However, sharing a timer lets you reset a Dins Fire and hold it out for a longer amount of time by putting out another one. I forsee lots of cool mindgames and tricks with Zelda as a result.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Thanks for the answers about Ness. :)
About PSI Magnet, I can't really see that wind hitbox as a Melee thing, so is it going to be removed?

What I hate about Melee Ness is his range and his lag on the Dash Grab.

YYG, anyone? :troll:

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Ness needs to do a little more shield damage, not that much as bowser of course as he can attack faster with DJC, but that just for him to not be completely screwed if DJC an aerial in a shield. That would be his Bair, Dair and Nair I would say.

Also his yoyo moves doing more hits while charging. Like Sonic's Spin Charge.

jalued

Smash Lord
his magnet should also be JCable so that it is actually useable. Would be very interesting as it could counter a few characters strategies, such as fox/wolf and falco's lasers and pikachu's thunder etc.

It has limited use in smash, so being JCable with possibly faster startup would not be gamebreaking in the slightest

CORY

wut
BRoomer
However, sharing a timer lets you reset a Dins Fire and hold it out for a longer amount of time by putting out another one. I forsee lots of cool mindgames and tricks with Zelda as a result.
eeeeh, i think it would open up more tricks/mindgames by having variable timers on the fires. you could set up one closer in and force the opp to move around differently since he'd have to dodge multiple explosions happening in a chain, as opposed to all at once.

or be fancy and try to chain din's fires into one another : p (yeah, the opp would have to di into it, but it'd be hella funny).

i'd like to say it'd be easier to make moves safe with staggered explosions, too, but i think the timing would pretty much be the same since she'd still have to wait X-amount of time after her last fire to do anything out of it...

jalued

Smash Lord
I just don't want to have this sort of thing happen. :V http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfc7Yz8tkC8
the magnet in the video seems to have a hitbox though. Melee ness's magnet didnt, so that type of thing woulnt be possible.

Im just thinking that allowing ness to have more flexibility with his magnet could shutdown quite a few characters playstyles and lead to some interesting matches

G

genkaku

Let's just give all low tier characters a shine. That would pretty much balance everything for us.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
So uh, played a game or two of project M at DGDTJ, havent played in like 2 months. pretty sure it was HyugaSheridan's wii, i assume he had the latest version. Uhm, picked fox, the lcancelling was..awful. As fox, i had to go from a SH aerial to lcancelling immediately after doing the aerial, it wasnt right. current landing detection[i think?] is what's currently killing any hope i have for getting into this game. the difference is far too much. it threw me off completely and walked away after my first or 2nd game. i havent been keeping up with this thread if this has been a current discussion, just throwing it out there.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Dude get a life. It's been like that for ever. And obviously the PM team is working on it.

Fox is the only character with L cancel windows so small that it actual bothers people anyway...

jalued

Smash Lord
Dude get a life. It's been like that for ever. And obviously the PM team is working on it.

Fox is the only character with L cancel windows so small that it actual bothers people anyway...
no need to insult him like that, he knows that its due to landing detection. I agree with him, as do my mates who tried out PM, the landing detection throws off timings for everything.

Lets hope dant works his magic one day and it is sorted, until then, just try to understand that without it, melee plays can be easily turned off from this project

shanus

Smash Hero
Actually, I bet he had issues with L-canceling during hitlag (since it didn't work until what, less than a month ago?), and not landing detection. I bet if he tried it now, he wouldn't notice the landing detection difference.

I can say this easily in that transitioning from melee to PM takes really like 1 match in terms of L-canceling. L-canceling is by and far the quickest adaptation because the timing window is for most characters relatively the same. Now if your talking about things like SHL with falco, missile canceling with samus, etc, landing detection becomes infinitely more apparent.

OverLade

Smash Hero
no need to insult him like that, he knows that its due to landing detection. I agree with him, as do my mates who tried out PM, the landing detection throws off timings for everything.

Lets hope dant works his magic one day and it is sorted, until then, just try to understand that without it, melee plays can be easily turned off from this project
Okay, lets be real here for one second.

Obviously everyone here is excited for Project M. Everyone here wants to see things like Landing detection and DI fixed. Obviously Dant/Shanus/everyone on the PM team is working very hard to accomplish these goals, and please not just the hardcore melee community, but also the low tier community, and a lot of the brawl community as well...

So when people say "damn, I'm not gonna play the game if this isn't in it" or "last time I played the game it felt terrible because of this", especially when the team has heard these complaints and been aware of them for ages, you're just whining/trolling/trying to act like your opinion matters. And your opinion doesnt matter because if PM was released right now, you would download it, and you would make all your friends download it, and tournament hosts everywhere would still use it as a main event at their tournaments.

Instead of complaining (especially about things that have obviously been pointed out) be greatful and make original suggestions at best (though most of the ones I see are just fanboyish and irritating anyway) to try and contribute to the project...

So yeah. Next time someone says something like that I'm gonna call them out...

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Guys. I played Project M and landing detection was messed up. Fix that otherwise I refuse to play it.

I should try to fix landing detection again, using Magus's super sexy method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom