• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
no cause you can use your cape to turn around and face the other direction.

but being able to angle it directly down would be great too. I just thought maybe if that isnt possible

ahh tru my only problem with that is if u turn around then fludd wats to stop the person from just coming out their and hitting u. i havent really played mario n brawl but i was under the impression mario is completely vulnerable while fludding. if he is in fact completely vulnerable then having my back towards my opponent with no means to defend myself is mad sketchy. essentially if i fludd backwards

curry9186

Smash Journeyman

A WIP of the revamp.
The oddly colored platform is destructible.
(Not like I had much options thanks to the reflection01 texture)
It respawns every 1337 frames.
The codecs and ! are in tact, but as of now, the Metal Gears are not.

Do you want platforms or something?
If you added platforms could you make those destructible as well?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i really like the dual mario downB, but only if in the air it performed much like melee, and then some.

for me, the 'then some' ought to add some fludd characteristics, like being sent up depending on how charged fludd is, with uncharged being the default melee. perhaps the boost spurts a very quickly degenerating amount of water under mario, something opponents under him would be forced to collide with. this way, if fast enough he could recover and then come down for the caping/bair gimp, depending on how high he was sent and how long his opponent takes to recover.

hey, or maybe the aerial downB would start out at a default straight vertical boost, but if the fludd is charged any, you could angle it in a direction to force mario to move way out off the stage for suicide gimps for clinch game finishers or to reach areas he wouldn't be able to in a quick enough fashion normally.

just spitballin here.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
i really like the dual mario downB, but only if in the air it performed much like melee, and then some.

for me, the 'then some' ought to add some fludd characteristics, like being sent up depending on how charged fludd is, with uncharged being the default melee. perhaps the boost spurts a very quickly degenerating amount of water under mario, something opponents under him would be forced to collide with. this way, if fast enough he could recover and then come down for the caping/bair gimp, depending on how high he was sent and how long his opponent takes to recover.

hey, or maybe the aerial downB would start out at a default straight vertical boost, but if the fludd is charged any, you could angle it in a direction to force mario to move way out off the stage for suicide gimps for clinch game finishers or to reach areas he wouldn't be able to in a quick enough fashion normally.

just spitballin here.
Cool ideas. I also posited that the Fludd could have some effect on the tornado when in the air...
I think I like your ideas better...

One thing I wondered about when I first came up with my idea - built upon that of MarF's - and again now that I see yours is... what happens when you land? Say you use aerial down B and land... does the move finish on the ground or does the Fludd behave like it would on the ground upon landing? Just something to consider...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
WOW SMI is very strict about it's file size. :c
I can add the platform, but I'm worried that the collision for it will act up again.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Give Mario his N64 upb distance. That **** was legit.
10this

Tornado are not useful in the ground, FLUDD is not useful in the air. Well, problem solved(if you don't take B+ FLUDD in account).

Just make the Mario being able to act sooner after using the tornado and make it go a little higher.

or you can make mario glide like MK with his cape

As a move, what makes Melee Mario Tornado a horrible offense and defense, other than too little movement is the fact that the move have too little priority due to low damage, too little range and the fact that the first hit doesn't even gives hitlag/stun, Mario can be hit even before the next hits connects, that really sucks. Also the fact that he can't even use it in the air because he falls too much before being able to jump.

Nearly all of these was fixed in Brawl Tornado Dair, I hope some will be fixed in the PM's aerial DownB one, the move don't need to be extremely useful though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If the Tornado is brought back in though, it really should be like the N64 counterpart.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
probably the wrong place to ask this question but if u download a texture hack for a character on your wii ie captain america falcon and later turn off your console, will the texture hack still be there when returning to the game?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm... really confused on how you chose this thread out of all of the subforums there were to post this.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
because this is the only thread besides regional zones i check. closer topic than that. didnt really wanna take the time to search when i could just ask here :p

Samus-T

Smash Lord
not familiar with homebrew. don't have a wii. no need to get on my case but thanks for the help anyway

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Why wouldn't just turning the model around during/in-betweens slashes work?
Because Marth (and thus Roy) simply does not turn for quite a few moves, so he'd need a custom turning animation on those moves. Think of how akward it would be for him to be doing this

And then be doing this in the other direction a frame later

There has to be some kind of transition to facing backwards.

And on the moves where he IS facing backwards at some point, it'd still be necessary to rework the animations to account for more/less spinning, and even then they'd still be a little odd because of him moving in one direction before the turn (the opposite direction of where you pressed actually) and back the other way after the turn.

For example

For this you could either add half a spin or take away half a spin to make him face the other direction. But wouldn't it look odd for him to move forward (when you pressed back) and then backward to end up in his original spot, just facing the other way?

Well, that's my take on it. It would look unprofessional to just have Marth (Roy) inexplicably be facing the other direction in the middle of the dance (which is specifically built so that each move smoothly transitions into each other move animation-wise)

I'm no animator so I don't know how hard all this is, but I'm guessing it's very tedious at the least.

What a great excuse to post pretty gifs of Marth's Dancing Blade. Thanks :p

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Uh, because then his feet would do a weird slip and slide thing as he rotates around an axis?

Not all of his dancing blade attacks have him pivoting around a foot (since...he doesn't need to)

And that still doesn't the movement issue (Marth moves with the steps, which looks odd if it changes halfway)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Cape (like all other side B moves and any reverse neutral B) has you turn around before the animation starts.

I'm talking about the transition between slashes. Marth visually steps forward between each slash.

Have you even LOOKED at dancing blade?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Oh? So have you never dash-danced before? Characters suddenly running in the opposite direction that they were facing without any sort of turning-animation...
I don't care either way, but it seems your reasoning is a little pointless given what the game already has.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Cape (like all other side B moves and any reverse neutral B) has you turn around before the animation starts.

I'm talking about the transition between slashes. Marth visually steps forward between each slash.

I think he meant how the cape turns other players around - cape a Marth using DB and see how it looks. *shrugs*

Don't really have an opinion on this... however, I agree that those Marth gifs were pretty cool.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

Oh? So have you never dash-danced before? Characters suddenly running in the opposite direction that they were facing without any sort of turning-animation...
I don't care either way, but it seems your reasoning is a little pointless given what the game already has.
^This^

I think he meant how the cape turns other players around - cape a Marth using DB and see how it looks. *shrugs*

Don't really have an opinion on this... however, I agree that those Marth gifs were pretty cool.
and ^This^

Also, I don't care about Marth really, it's just something I've always wanted when I play as Roy.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I don't mean:

DED Right > 1 Frame > DED Left

I was just wondering why an entire custom animation had to be made, can't you just rotate the model as he does it?
I'm not really against this, but it seems difficult to implement a turn around > DED third hit down/up.

And while playing Roy, DED is one of the few moves I am completely satisfied with and don't really need it to change (like almost every other one of his moves).

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm not really against this, but it seems difficult to implement a turn around > DED third hit down/up.

And while playing Roy, DED is one of the few moves I am completely satisfied with and don't really need it to change (like almost every other one of his moves).
Only reason I ask about DED is that it is THE most annoying thing to miss.

His Dair meteor should have a better hit-box as well, imo.

All attacks should have more stun.

Up-B should go higher for recovery.

Tip of attacks should have that pull-in effect that is in the current Roy PSA.

Revven

FrankerZ
How many times must I say this: we have no control over how much hitstun a move has. The only way to increase hitstun is to increase KB which can have some consequences along with that which I'm sure you know are fairly obvious.

There is no variable in the game that says "this move has this amount of hitstun".

Edit: We can make the moves have better combo angles and adjust the KB so that they will combo better but... hitstun isn't a single controllable variable on a per move basis.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Oh hitstun. Do all the characters have different degrees of how hitstun affects them? I ask because I was playing Brawl plus and I notice Luigi recovers from hits much faster than everyone else. And so does Zelda for some reason.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

Calm Down and Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ2f9zj1bdI

you made it in this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom