• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Why is the sky blue?
currently, an optical illusion has developed eluding to the camera being a certain distance away from its natural position. the illusion will eventually be dissipated allowing a natural, blood red sky to develop as intended.

once Landing Detection is fixed.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
so if landing detection is why the sky is blue what happens if you turn it off

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Wavedash timing = landing detection, you even say "landing" in there (for wavelanding obv)... thought that was obvious. We even said a long time ago that wavedashing still wasn't perfect because of landing detection.
It is obvious. Which is why I prefaced my entire post with "landing detection johns", silly. :p
As for double jump? Is it aesthetic or does it affect his gameplay a lot that it's pertinent that we fix the amount of frames he stays in that DJ ball? (Which by the way wouldn't fix how long it would take for him to land... he'd still land on his feet which = not the same hang time as Melee). I wouldn't be surprised at all if because we fix the length of the animation it wouldn't look natural when he lands.
Ganondorf's double jump animation is that he curls up into a ball and rotates. In Melee, he rotates at least two-three times. You can double jump, fastfall, and waveland in melee (For Instance). I can't actually boot up Project M at this moment, but I know that P:M Ganon only rotates once and throws off wavelanding timing. That is to say, while it doesn't actually change when he'd need to land, it makes it substantially easier to waveland when he's curled up into a ball because - and I don't know the exact properties of it - landing just seems much easier when you're curled up than when you have to waveland via his shins (in melee) or feet (in Brawl) than in a full hop. It's hard to explain for me. Just boot up Melee and try it and you'll see what I'm talking about.
(I should mention that I'm speaking of perfect wavelanding - perfectly horizontal. Not diagonal forwards and down to waveland, which is far easier and not quite as helpful to Ganon players).

I'm also confident that you guys (Dant) will figure out landing detection and I'll love Ganondorf again. And then I'll push harder for an extended, more melee-esque double jump. But it's something to keep in mind that right now, it doesn't feel the same and I keep missing wavelands (when accounting for brawl landing detection) because I expect Ganon to stay in his ball longer than he actually does.

I hope I've explained myself well enough, Falco400. But if I haven't please point out something I missed or didn't explain fully and I'll try to clear up the problem. :)

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
I have a question.

It's related to pivot grabs. Although I'm sure it simply has to do with the buffering system of certain characters, I can't seem to recreate certain characters pivot grabbing in Melee.

In Brawl, it's normal for every single character to do said move every single time.

So, in Project Melee, what is this going to look like? I'm not wording it well, my apologies.

How is Samus coming along? Haven't seen much of her at all.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I have a question.

It's related to pivot grabs. Although I'm sure it simply has to do with the buffering system of certain characters, I can't seem to recreate certain characters pivot grabbing in Melee.

In Brawl, it's normal for every single character to do said move every single time.

So, in Project Melee, what is this going to look like? I'm not wording it well, my apologies.

How is Samus coming along? Haven't seen much of her at all.
You mean how Melee has specific buffers for different actions? Currently, there is a universal lack of buffer (essentially, no buffer frames at all), but I think they're aiming to try and create buffers for different actions. That's all I remember.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
>why is 6 afraid of 7?
>because of landing detection

>why don't you look at me when we make love

>why do my boobs sag so low?

OverLade

Smash Hero
You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter...why doesn't it matter???

Because of Landing detection.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
project m tourny tomorrow...hopefully I'll be able to record Lovage, Lucky, HugS, Zhu, maybe Shroomed and other socalians :bee:

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
so how about a real question now...

i wanna test out the latest code at an upcoming tourney im hosting, of course, ill only run it on my wii and not share the code(maybe get some recordings), but i was wondering who'd i should ask about that and how you guys feel about it...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
So Charizard is pretty much the best character.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Good stream. Bowser>all.

also the thread title is deceptive. I thought something of landing detection being fixed. I got all happy for NOTHING!

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
We should all main Landing Detection when this comes out.
The Dantarion of Oz says we must.

And if landing detection were fixed, you'd know by the big *** Dantarion Shrine being built.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It'd be titled something with Dantarion in it.

Like Dantarion Detection, WaveDant, or Landing Dantection.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i saw someone playing as the new wario, it was really silly, all of his attacks are slower and he has a stall then fall dair for like no reason...idk, but the developers really know what they're doing so I'm gonna trust them with it, everything will work out like it always does

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, I'd say that Wario hardly matched the air camping style that he had in Brawl (nor do I believe that this kind of style would be fitting for this project). The fact that they're building his moves around the Wario Land games is ****ing awesome.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'd say that Wario hardly matched the air camping style that he had in Brawl (nor do I believe that this kind of style would be fitting for this project). The fact that they're building his moves around the Wario Land games is ****ing awesome.
Ditto. Wario's supposed to be some hulking man beast of rage and fart attacks. The way nintendo made him was very disappointing to my eyes but what the devs here have done to him is just perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom