• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
EDIT: Although at about 4:02, sonic powershields a pk freeze and slides a pretty far distance. Is that normal?
Remember, anything that looks odd is probably because it's the Japanese code set not the NTSC-U. Bero is the one who is porting all the codes and .pacs over so anything that seems odd is either due to incomplete porting or something not working the same in the Japanese code set.

Some of the Japanese videos will have bugs in them and were made to show those bugs to Bero.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Quick question:

Why can't spikes be coded for project M?

I know that semi-spikes send opponents on horizontal trajectories which causes them to fall down due to gravity, so wouldn't regular spikes be attacks that send on a diagonally downward trajectory? Or is this wrong?

I have no coding experience, but I would guess that changing the trajectories of knockback would be something that is possible to do, or is this not the problem in the case of spikes but rather some other issue that cannot be worked around?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In Melee:
260°-280° = Meteor
Everything else = Not Meteor

In Brawl:
230°-310° = Meteor

This is why spikes can't be coded for Project M yet. We've ported the knockbacks and trajectories on Marth and Falco's dair, however they are meteors because of the range of meteors in Brawl. We don't know how to edit this range, either. At least, not yet.
To put it into perspective, Marth's and Falco's dairs both send at a 290° angle in Melee and Project M.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
In Melee:
260°-280° = Meteor

In Brawl:
230°-310° = Meteor

This is why spikes can't be coded for Project M yet. We've ported the knockbacks and trajectories on Marth and Falco's dair, however they are meteors because of the range of meteors in Brawl. We don't know how to edit this range, either. At least, not yet.
To put it into perspective, Marth's and Falco's dairs both send at a 290° angle in Melee and Project M.
Ah, I see. Thank you for the reply and good luck for finding a solution.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
Make Luigi sez YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE !

that's the only thing that i want for now !

btw,
i took 2 epic pics !
which one do you prefer ?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I see. I think I'll give it a test drive and check Peach out. Then give my input on here since I am Peach experienced. I did this with Brawl+ when people saying she was like low tier. So I touched it and was like "What, you guys are stupid, she is beast" BSame with Brawl Minus. People playing her know nothing of Peach of her to use her to a full extent. So I was not surpised to hear those things. But those games suck to me so w/e, Ha ha ha.

Anyway, I'll give her a go and give my input on this charcter. Should take me about 1 hour. I really wanna break her down.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Been hearing about this from people. Project M sounds good. How is Peach in it?
She's solid right now. There are a few videos of her on youtube you can find if you search "project m peach"

Don't jump to any conclusions about her based on those videos though. Everything is still subject to change and everyone still needs work.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Kinda lost right now so excuse the noob question. But where do I get w/e version of this that is out for me to play?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Right now it's a closed alpha, so you would have to apply to get in the backroom before you can play.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You might be able to play if you can find someone in the PMBR and play with them or go to a tournament with PM in it.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
ok since nobody is going to say it....I will...*sigh* I already know whats coming....

OK! I think Sheik should get her Side-B recovery back!

There I said it. Here me out though. I no everyone has it in their heads as an "Unneeded buff" However Sheik in the long term may need it. Since almost all of her good Match-ups are being buffed and the DI potency means her Chaingrab/Dthrow->Fair will be much tougher to land then she may fine herself in a difficult spot in the long run. Pretty much every character that she owned in the past will have a good chance against her now. I can see Pikachu for instance will be a tougher foe. Picture him pulling a Marth-ish edgeguard. WD on stage Fsmash. Idk I suspect alot of really good sheiks will become frustrated with Project M in the long run and we don't want that.....or do we?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
what part of "not in the balancing stage" do you guys not understand lol

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
spam arrows that ONE post, right there, is the entire reason why you'll never be in the back room
I'm sick of being sick of you. In all honesty.....Just go away. Please.

what part of "not in the balancing stage" do you guys not understand lol
I'm just trying to save you a future headache. I'm right about this trust me. I'm a prophet remember:psycho:

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The extra DI may not affect throws or attacks against grounded foes... so needing to buff her to compensate D-throw is sort of a moot point anyways. All throws need to be fixed, and hers will, too.

And really, unless the newcomers are completely out of balance, Sheik will always be amazing. She's just built to combo, gimp, and kill like a champ. I wouldn't worry about her suddenly being flooded with bad matchups, but we'll see when we get there.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
brawl+, frozenpopo, and the wifi waiting room sandbag. you ain't the only prophet, buddy.
lol. I had my hand in Brawl+ for awhile. However once they decided they didn't want to be Melee 2.0 I backed out because well...I saw where B+ was going. If you dig up old threads you can find me telling pretty much what happened. I even predicted the community split that eventually became project Melee...LOL

Not to mention the rise of Puff. When This match happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhR1zNocXFY

I told everyone who would listen Puff was the best character in Smash if only someone would explore her and master resting. Naturally everyone laughed however you got Pound 3, Genesis, Pound 4, Apex and soon to be much more.

I hate being the "I told you so" guy. Sadly I am. Mainly because I'm also the "Don't listen to him he doesn't know what he's talking about" guy.

G

genkaku

Spam Arrows, as valid as these statements may or may not be, I don't think this thread is the place for them. This is not a forum devoted to defending your honor.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Kind of funny when you watch old Jiggs matches and see such a lack of Bair.
/hungrybox

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Spam Arrows, as valid as these statements may or may not be, I don't think this thread is the place for them. This is not a forum devoted to defending your honor.
ok ok just a few more During the decision to make Brawl+ basically go the way it did.

Posted: 02-01-2009
We need to find a "3/5ths" Compromise or this project will fail overall. It will remain an underground project....that people play in their basements or over a friends house but never official.
Pretty much where it is now. Once PM comes out it won't be the side event at tournaments anymore.

oh and about the community split during the final argument involving HAD and MAD systems or something..

Posted: 02-12-2009
What you have to understand is that some people will cut an run at the idea of that kind of gameplay(technical). I think that there will in the end be another community split. Melee 2.0 vs Brawl+. Unless HAD somehow manages to work with the game down the road. Even then just as some are still unwilling to play Brawl without Wavedashing the opposite is true as well. When Brawl+ is basically done Maybe by September or October then why not just finish MAD and HAD and Make a Melee 2.0?

I'm not Spamming. This is my last post on this thread. I'm giving up on the game....
Considering the date of this...and the what is said that is kinda weird. What time did Brawl+ finish?

Kind of funny when you watch old Jiggs matches and see such a lack of Bair.
/hungrybox
agreed. almost looks wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNCPGgZ_3ak
This classic has a good bit of bair in it.
It's pretty much the proof I was looking for. I was like See that! Another puff did it!...laughed at again though. LOL at my comment coming up first. "Tiajuan"

GuruKid

Smash Ace
PMS!

(Project Melee, Son!)

Glick and I should be having a livestream this friday night. :-) Fun times.

Spin-dashin' Squirtle too good!

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
ummm how and where can i get this Project: M. please give me a link and not be lazy. Thankz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom