• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
been reading this thread for a long time, and pretty sure that gamedominator and sorakun need to stop posting here, as nothing they add to this topic actually benefits the progress of the project itself. its all just asking stuff like "so i think like game and watch should have a watch LOLZ op much?!?!1". plus, every joke goes over both their heads.
eh? one joke went over my head. just one.

I never said anything so rediculous. How game and watch should have a watch? Wtf? You're funny. I think you exaggerate too much. I do tend to not say anything important so i'll make an attempt to stop.

However, i'm pretty sure NO ONE is contributing to project M at this moment.

The HMW thing was simply saying i know nothing about the melee community because i only watch matches when he(and about 7 other people) uploads them <_< It really wasn't an lol statement. Not every player has to obsessively follow the community.

So.. can we please just get on a topic that will be semi interesting to discuss? This joking around **** has really gotten rather old.

edit: and gamedominator really did nothing wrong <_<

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Completely with Sora-kun on this (as in, that's about as much as I follow too).

And I have barely been on the Melee section of Smashboards. Since the day I created an account on here, I've been on Workshop and nothing but Workshop.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
best way to prepare for project m is to play and know a lot about Melee.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm just anticipating P:M Link. The high quality OoT Link vertex coupled with a return to Melee Link play style and improved functions is going to be way too much fun.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You don't even know. Link is awesome, and we're still putting out a few ideas for him.

If he had Melee tether and perfect Melee bombs, he would be absolutely 100% amazing.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Are the vocals in Project M ever going to be fixed? What I mean by this is that the characters in Alpha streams seem nearly silent (with the exception of some smash attacks) wheras in both regular Brawl and Melee, they are not. I know this isn't going to affect competitive gameplay, but it adds life to the characters!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Uh.. I'm pretty sure you're wrong. We made it so the random voices should match how they work in Melee.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
hahaha! I have always following the melee community trough the brazillian forums since 2006 so I didn't know about both randall and the windmill of fury, I should've imagined that were some joke from here. I am basically visiting smash boards because of P:M anyway.

btw we've got some more play test from japan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Yor6Atj50&feature=sub

They seem to be trying to evolve Ike metagame since now haha! Ike has some chaingrab. I think that aether should give even more damage :B
The quickdraw shenanigan seems to be very ample to possibilities to a character based in spacing like Ike.

It's so good to see a Ike different from vBrawl, I mean, using a two-handed sword on one hand only to be able punch with his free hand is the biggest character mindgame ever. Ike really using his sword is great.

I am liking lucas so far, even with the player not using much of his DJC, which the one with Uair should have been invaluable in that match. And the rope snake with a hitbox, that may be interesting.

Now this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYRx_mxQC1c&feature=sub

I am liking Mario very much, despite the lack of wavedashes of the player. The old fireball sound is music to my ears.

I think the answer will be yes but Mario will still be able to SH Bair WD, Full hop Fireball WD, and Double hop Fireball WD?

But what happened when he tried to cape Marth? It's like B+ Falco Shine lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
landing detection prevents some shorthop aerial -> wavelands at the moment. Sh bair waveland is still possible but really difficult, I think.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I was watching some of the Japanese vids and I noticed Sonic can do what looks like a Shine-Bair. WTF was that?

also how are things going with transfering of Hitboxes and throws and such...

iLink

Smash Champion
I was watching some of the Japanese vids and I noticed Sonic can do what looks like a Shine-Bair. WTF was that?

also how are things going with transfering of Hitboxes and throws and such...
I think it works almost exactly like a shine-bair because sonic probably did downb and jump canceled it right away into bair.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Don't know which video you're talking about since I haven't watched them, but Sonic can turn around with side B and then double jump bair out of it pretty easily. However if you jump out before releasing it (in the air) then the side B won't have a hitbox so it's just a way to turn around in the air. On the ground he does a vertical spindash jump which can indeed combo into bair similarly to shine->bair.

@X iLink X- I doubt it was down B even without looking at the video, as down B is incapable of doing a vertical spindash jump (so even though it combos into bair sometimes, it's not something that would be similar to shine bair at all).

/Sonic nerdrant

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Don't know which video you're talking about since I haven't watched them, but Sonic can turn around with side B and then double jump bair out of it pretty easily. However if you jump out before releasing it (in the air) then the side B won't have a hitbox so it's just a way to turn around in the air. On the ground he does a vertical spindash jump which can indeed combo into bair similarly to shine->bair.

@X iLink X- I doubt it was down B even without looking at the video, as down B is incapable of doing a vertical spindash jump (so even though it combos into bair sometimes, it's not something that would be similar to shine bair at all).

/Sonic nerdrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=015AJI4Gf6Y

this is the video.

iLink

Smash Champion

/Sonic nerdrant
I actually meant sideb but ya

There wasn't anything unusual with spindash in that video that sonic already couldn't do in vbrawl.

EDIT: Although at about 4:02, sonic powershields a pk freeze and slides a pretty far distance. Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom