• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Plenty of people were relieved that Sheik has her Melee Dair and that TL doesn't have the stupid Brawl Dair. Sonic in this game is the exception because his Dair makes sense to throw out offstage/to end an onstage combo, and he has the speed+recovery/lesser end lag on the move to do something about it if he misses. Wario's Dair is a move that usually kills you offstage if you miss, ton of lag onstage if you miss, can be shielded and OOS punished before he recoveres from the lag after bouncing, etc. People tend to not like Stall N Fall/etc because the situations to make them really useful tend to require above average reads or leeway given by the opponent to be effective, and outside of those situations they are usually bad enough to the point of non consideration otherwise. The Melee environment can somewhat alleviate this by letting you combo or maybe tech chase into the move, but it's still usually not as effective of an implementation choice than a "regular" Dair.

I'm not gonna quote 5000 people to prove it, but there's definitely a stigma against those types of moves. Deserved or not. Given that past, I was curious why they went this direction when it seems like a big gamble. It's *very* easy to create a hated Dair by going that route. There's a lot more downside there, than if they kept it more like Brawl with tweaked properties for Melee imo.

D

Deleted member

The move, to me, is iconic of Meta Knight. How balanced it currently is remains to be seen (although I think it's incredibly silly to assume anything since 2.6 isn't even released yet). Regardless, I think it's a no-brainer addition. Meta Knight uses it in his own games, so why shouldn't he use it in Smash?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'm super depressed for no "sword hold out" for either fair or nair but happy my Brawl main is finally revealed. His aerials look like they give much less automatic positioning command too; bair swipes upward, making its AtG limited, fair was always the worst of his spacing options, nair doesn't command much space at all, uair has always been a juggling option, and now dair can't be spammed while rising.

New dair is substantially less homoerotic than going with his old one would be, and makes a lot of sense given the other balloons' dairs: Kirby- multi-hit drill - Jigglypuff- Multi-hit drill - DeDeDe- Multihit hammer drill - Metaknight- multihit sword "drill" that leaves him completely dedicated.

He'll be joining my Charizard in the skies for sure.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Can't wait to try out 2.6 Link, dem fast rang mix ups look like they will be fun to use.

If it turns out well, Link might topple Ike as my PM main.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I thought that if I slept for a dumb amount of time it would be out when I woke up. :c

placing bets: how many MK mains do you think there will be by the end of this

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
They'll put yoshi in when they figure out how the fudge to fix his double jump armor to scale with kb. I think egg throw trajectory needs to be fixed too, but they might have fixed that already.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Freakin Amazing Gorgeously Gorgeous Outstandigly Tough? Ill main him though

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Now the MK is out I can finally make my JLA Crew Team once I find or make the textures.
Superman: Ganondorf
Batman: MK
Flash: C.Falcon
GL: Lucario
WW: ZSS
Aquaman: Ike (With sword as trident)
Hawkman: Pit
Green Arrow: Link

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
placing bets: how many MK mains do you think there will be by the end of this
A lot right at the beginning when tons of people want to try him out.

A lot less once most of those people realize that he's just a normal character now and not the easy top tier that he was in Brawl.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I want to play him, but that's because he has the best pink costume in the game

if snake had a pink costume I wouldn't feel as heartbroken as I do rn

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Snake already has enough Pink in his life, let him be

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I always thought Meta Knight was cool as hell and would have played him in Brawl regardless of how good he was, but, you know

Brawl.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Want to talk about why you like them?

vBrawl MK dair + vBrawl gravity = air camping, easy edgeguarding, and extremely safe, defensive gameplay

The new dair forces him to commit to attacking below him, and actually exposes something kind of interesting.
Using it a lot makes you extremely predictable, as it if his only option that hits below him like that quickly, other than dcape.
However, it does have many good offensive uses, and the slanted version can easily be used to edgecancel.

When thinking about radical changes we have made to new characters, please consider this.
The PMBR has been playing as MK in a P:M style environment for a long time. We have tried out tons of ideas for characters, and MK was very hard to design, due to being the dominant character in vBrawl. Do we nerf him into the ground? What aspects of his vBrawl gameplay do we keep, and which of those really feel right in a Melee environment?

These questions and more had to be asked, and there were many versions of MK that were made that were discussed, tested, and tweaked, until we arrived at 2.6 MK. I even think among the backroom members, the new dair is one of the things a lot of us agree on, even amoung those that tend to disagree.

tldr: Its canon, it addresses issues we had with his vBrawl playstyle and it provides a new and interesting option for players.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wait... people don't like the new down air=??? It's totally canon, and way less broken. Plus, it looks way more versatile and unique.

Meta Knight looks boss, but not like a community/game breaker like he is in Brawl.
This brings up the following question: Which game will Yoshi get revealed for first?

P:M or Smash 4? ¦D
Smash 5! (because one of the new games is Smash 5) :troll:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Roy isnt in it I won't get it.
Roy isn't in it, but if you are smart you will get it anyways. Heck, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, The Ice Climbers, and Captain Olimar aren't in this build either, along with the other Melee roster cuts (kinda sorta not Young Link).

Besides, there's enough Roy skins (for Marth, Ike, and heck, probably even Ganondorf) and PSA's on the Brawl Vault/other sites that you could just put in the game if you really wanted to.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Will this be the first Project M release that doesn't get delayed?

I.e. will 2.6 be available by the time I come home from work tonight? Let's find out!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Why are you all acting like this **** is gonna be good and fine?! It's METAKNIGHT. He's coming for us, run for your ****ing lives!! He's gonna make all your characters low tier. He's coming for your daughters! Once he's in the game, there will be no escape. Fox/Falco who? Naw, it's Metaknight! We're doomed I tell ya! DOOMED!!

RIP Game Balance

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
Now the MK is out I can finally make my JLA Crew Team once I find or make the textures.
Superman: Ganondorf
Batman: MK
Flash: C.Falcon
GL: Lucario
WW: ZSS
Aquaman: Ike (With sword as trident)
Hawkman: Pit
Green Arrow: Link
That sounds really, really cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom