• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
It would be nice to get images that demonstrate where the horizontal and vertical blast zones are on each stage, if that's even possible. I know a thread exists for Melee that says how large they are numerically, but there are obviously many P:M stages that aren't included, and I would find it more helpful if it were visually represented.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That would be useful, but I wouldn't know what to make of it concerning my stage choices. I also have no clue of what throws to DI in what direction and their mix-ups: I wish there was a major cheat-sheet of all the character's throw mix-ups to DI and any stages they do really good or bad on. I also don't learn which way to DI their crap by playing them at all, I need to read the secrets. I remember some guy mentioned doing a Pokemon style character of the week thing, if someone did that it should be mostly their throw mix-ups and stages lol.

I'm watching "Best Ink" on Oxygen: Tattooing competition on real people with rushed time limits.. it only gets worse from there.

This nice looking black girl just got her sexy leg ruined with a huge horrible tattoo, I'm going to go ahead and believe they're using prosthetics; I can't believe this.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Knowledge, the bane of the generation is how sadly valuable we see it.

In other news, there's like... 1 character in this game I currently don't see hope for in 2.5b, and that's Dedede.
Everyone else is sexy, and if someone things any character is 'bad' (including G&W) they just lack that really sadly over-focused thing, the knowledge-base necessary to know otherwise.

The age of information has left so much covered in dust. :(

Edit/PS: True love is what I have for people and this game, and everything else.
When you'll never see anything every again, and you'd still be 100% contently in love with it, then you're truly in love.
This game rocks, don't take it for granted.

EditeditPS: It's a social thread, I'll write whatever and it'll be on topic so...
It's probably the best place to spam STAY WITH SENSATION, BE EQUANIMOUS, AND WATCH YOUR BREATH!!!
Than anywhere else...
Even though THAT^ is probably more related and important for 'improving' and 'enjoying' smash than anything directly smash-related, eve.

Funny how that goes.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
In other news, there's like... 1 character in this game I currently don't see hope for in 2.5b, and that's Dedede.
Everyone else is sexy, and if someone things any character is 'bad' (including G&W) they just lack that really sadly over-focused thing, the knowledge-base necessary to know otherwise.

WATCH YOUR BREATH!!! WATCH YOUR BREATH!!! WATCH YOUR BREATH!!!
I could maybe agree with that, although Squirtle is pretty helpless as is.

For Bubble after Side B hits, Bubble is kind of crappy to hit with if the person is not grounded. In the air it won't trip or really do much, but I guess that's your only option sometimes to continue the string.

For the G&W talk: I dunno what you guys are talking about because Marth seems pretty obvious. This isn't "just CC his Fair and **** him", he has a ground game too ya know lol. Get G&W into a tech chase or string from a throw or outpoke him. Are you guys arguing for an even MU, or simply that it's not super horrible and is only 4:6 against him? There's no way in Jupiter that it's ****in even and I'll take up that offer Oracle next time I go to Dallas, probably in June.

Also Spidermad: I'm pretty sure the tattoos are 100% real. The people that come onto the show get a free tattoo (maybe even compensated for coming on), with the condition that they can't sue over how it turns out.

As for MU spreads, sure there's nothing universal out there but there are plenty of obvious clues on who "should" win a MU. Nobody is sitting here talking about TL beating Spacies, Marth, Sheik, and then losing horribly to Ness Luigi etc. The top 12 I listed are up there for either results or MU/potential. Anyone else who ranks characters is going off the same stuff, unless you want to strictly do tournament results, which may not give you an accurate indication of where the character will be in the future. If someone disagreed with, say Wario, on my list and said you know I think Ike is up there, that opinion would be fueled by what? Either tournament results, or "Well Ike does better vs those top characters/has better MU's".

The game isn't so new or obfuscatory that it's impossible to see the more obvious MU's. I'd rather at least talk about it and engage in discussions over who beats who, instead of be grumpy grandpa telling the young'ins "Watch it Sonny! You may be wrong so let's never talk about it!" If it wasn't said before, that list is my opinion, which opens the door for other people to come in and agree or disagree and say what they want, which *should* be productive and better than laughing because there's no universal agreed MU spread.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
marth sucks, hes even worse than GNW

he doesnt have a projectile, not even a shine lmao wat a luser

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What's a Shine??

???

Only Mario has those, and he keeps them in his pockets because they are OP and also he would make the Delfino Treemen unhappy by taking away the sun light. Fruits don't grow when you have no sun, you want Marth to take away Fruits?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
In Warcraft 3, if you forgot to save the replay you could copy and paste the LastReplay file it auto-saved. I remember there being a code for supposed auto-saving to SD card for Brawl: would that be able to save replays when people quit out on wifi? I've lost dozens of combos cus of that

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=57142
seems it was never finished, c'mon Dantarion =(

9Kplus1

Smash Master
In other news, there's like... 1 character in this game I currently don't see hope for in 2.5b, and that's Dedede. Everyone else is sexy, and if someone things any character is 'bad' (including G&W) they just lack that really sadly over-focused thing, the knowledge-base necessary to know otherwise.
BLASPHEMY! Don't make me hit you...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
how is he outclassed?
Well he's outranged in the air and on the ground. Marth is much safer on shield and much more of a threat out of a DD/ground baiting. G&W is a bad weight + float combination to be against Marth. Super light but not so outrageously floaty that he flies up away like Jiggs after any hit. They both can die relatively early, I think G^W is a bit more limited on edgeguarding in that he probably just wants to stay onstage and punish Marth when he has to sweetspot or land. Marth can go out and challenge G^W, the same can't be said as easily since Marth is one of the few who will cleanly outrange his Fair/usual options plus the occasional counter. You can set up bacon and stuff but that's basically still onstage stuff.

In neutral, it's pretty easily in Marth's favor. Marth has a solid gameplan: either use the range advantage to keep G^W out/for poking, or use his solid maneuvering on the ground coupled with that range/grab up close that could put reasonable pressure on G^W to respond. Could the same be said about G^W? Even with Bacon safely out, I don't think his options and pressure are nearly quite the same, not to mention the obvious range disadvantage. When it comes to forcing Marth to make an incorrect choice, G^W has to not only be outside of that range, but become or imply that he's a threat in that moment that warrants a specific action. If G^W DD's close to Marth, he doesn't threaten with a long range grab or a safe on shield option or a strong cross up that might force him to reconsider shielding/dodging. Like, what does G^W do or threaten to do up close, that might make Marth respond or panic, AND have that response be inappropriate and punishable? It's really hard to see scenarios where that is the case for G^W in this MU. If he doesn't achieve what Marth does, and still has range/other issues to worry about, then I don't see how it's even UNTIL the ball is in G^W's court. Even in that case, you would make a better argument for Spacies since G^W could reliably 0-death them with juggles CG's and edge guarding setups.

G^W can do things to people when the time is right. But the struggle you go through to not only hit Marth, but place him in a bad spot that leaves him as helpless as he leaves you, is significant enough that you can't just call it even because once the grab DOES happen, you might tack on damage on Marth.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
God damn right, copious amounts of it too. When I hear G^W vs Marth is even, it makes me want to hear an explanation. I present the case of big sword, big grab, lame tiara, so I expect the counter to be Bacon, Upb, and pressure of some crazy kind.

9KPlus1, you literally gave me 6 separate notifications. You will burn at the stake for being a witch.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dedede is like the random Bathtub plug in cartoons: all the water drains up until the plug just happens to snap right in there and stop it. The water in this case is Dedede's viability.

Oracle

Smash Master
On most neutral stages I can go about even with sethlons marth (probably the best pm marth) as long as I dont play like a moron or mess up di. Real smash> theory smash.

I wonder if I ignore 9k will his likes still show up

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
dmg: I think marth wins slightly, I'm just arguing that the matchup isn't really bad or free/easy for marth. 6:4 sounds about right to me, maybe closer than that but I'm not sure atm.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
actually, i guess they made ignoring users not alerting you work. ignoring 9k doesnt alert you that he liked your post but it still clutters up the thread. :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Imagine having a facebook where every status and comment on your wall was liked 50 times per person

Now imagine all of those people are 9KPlus1

Now imagine they are killing baby seals with clubs

That's what it feels like in this THREAD

metroid1117

Smash Master
Speaking of Marth, has anyone played around with his DACUS? His USmash is pretty crappy, but it's hilarious to FThrow -> DACUS on floaties and DACUS under someone when they try to land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom