• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Aquawhatever I'm still calling it skullbash. He tucks in to increase his defense then bops up.

But yeah vote Squirtle's side-B for most awkward move.
Its super fun to use once you get the hang of it. And Aqua Jet isn't even close to being a kill move unless you're in Wario Ware.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
My Wii froze yesterday after a guy on wifi had some modified stage he picked, so then I went to bed. Now when I turned it on today my SD card isn't showing up Gecko in Homebrew

I don't have Bootmii installed, maybe I should have

K i have a 2nd SD card that has it's homebrew apps work, but it seems I have 2 other SD cards that won't load Gecko. So maybe it just won't load Gecko, I'm going to put P:M on the card that has the other apps work and see if it loads then

K one of my cards can load Gecko/P:M, so it seems my original card somehow even though it can be read by my computer it can't by the Wii anymore. I'll reformat it and see what happens

Yep reformat fixed it, good old random reformats

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Gonna be streaming some Project M tonight: http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar/. At the very least, CTL, Godslafco, JJ Remo, and jjvirus should all be here. (I may start streaming now and practice Contra speedruns until people get here)

Also....

Two weeks left until Zenith 2013 registration ends. Do not wait until the day off to register. Save $5 bucks and get ready for a great event.

We have:

-Two GREAT streams (Clash Tournaments and VGBootCamp!)

- Great Players (Mango, Dr. Peepee, Mew2King, Hungrybox, Hax, Unknown522, DaShizWiz, and More!)

- Epic Crew battle (Tristate vs MD/VA) with the possibility of doing Canada vs Tristate!

- Three Smash games! (64/Melee/PM)

We also have Evo seeding points for Top 8 (Melee) so do not miss this chance!

We will also be announcing things for Apex, so STAY TUNE!

Register here : https://register.clashtournaments.com/

10obligatorypitches

But seriously it's gonna be a great tournament and you should all come. Yes, all of you. And don't ask me for a ride if you're from Iowa or some ****.

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
So Gdubs. I'm trying to stick with him for a few reasons.

1) Hes super goofy and I love that.
2) I just really need to stick to one character to improve

But he has a lot of issues. My main two being:

1) If you hold A when he jab resets you, you do a wakeup attack. Not great since one of his best punishes for a missed tech on the dthrow is either jab reset > 9 or jab reset > fsmash
2) You can CC most of the effects of his hammer (side-b). If you CC his 2, no stun. If you CC his 8, no freeze (worst one). If you CC then 9, you won't die until the 100's. If you CC the 7 no real KB until 50. If you CC the 4, virtually no KB ever.

Also, could someone (thats a good player) give me a rough unordered tier list? Just curious what others think, especially as to where you all place Gdubs.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
game&watch is prolly one of the worst characters in the game

pick someone else

[kawaiiest gnw, out]

Kati

Smash Lord
What is a "wakeup" attack? Also, I only ever see GW placing very low on people's personal tier lists. Some streams though I've seen recently have had great GW players.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
get-up attack. there's 2 versions depending on which way you were knocked down (you press A to do it). There was a video showing the 2 different versions but I can't find it

Also Rough Unordered Tier list
SonicPit
adleZ
SpaceCsPeach\???Monkies
Crapchatactesrs

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yeah the backwards designed character of a once awesomely designed one, it's suppose to be rough

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
G^W is ok, he could be useful vs slower/linear approaching characters due to Bacon. Design wise there are a few things I would overhaul, but you'd basically be significantly altering how the character feels. Like better moves for comboing or trading some of the linger for quicker/safer options. He's semi playable if you avoid his nightmare MU's, you won't find much in his favor (if at all) in the upper half of the game unfortunately.

Tier list wise I'd only do the top 12-16 or so, the rest of the cast is much harder to place accurately at that point. Even if it's not specifically ordered, there's a pretty good idea of who's up there and who's not.

(Not ordered, just listed)

Fox
Sheik
Peach
Falco
Marth
Wario
Sonic
Pit
Wolf
Mario
DK
Bowser

Those 12 probably have the best tournament results, MU spread, and potential. Sans maybe Bowser, who I personally think would drop over time over getting grabbed and launched more.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Ganon's Ftilt shenanigans are quite intriguing.

It's been a few months. What do you guys think about 2.5b Lucario now? I think he's underrated, meaning he doesn't suck at least. Those ASC shenanigans.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No ZSS top 12? The world isn't ready I guess.
Not now they aren't. People don't do sheeet with ZSS. She's one of those characters that seems decent, that's not going to have a player base. Lucario and Ike got touched by nerf god, still remain in good graces. She has boobs, won't make people play her. She's gonna look super mid tier status for a long time.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Squirtle's upb kills, I'm just sayin'.

Having his dair be as good as it was in Brawl would be nice too. I dun remember exactly how they changed it, but it feels suckier now.
It was tweaked. It may be worse in some regards, or even overall, but one way that it has become more useful is that it can't be crouch cancelled, which is a quite useful property in P:M.
Aquawhatever I'm still calling it skullbash. He tucks in to increase his defense then bops up.

But yeah vote Squirtle's side-B for most awkward move.
I'm going to have to vote against that. I think his side-b itself is fine, I only found it awkward as a day 1 Squirtle. I'll agree his Aqua Jet out of side-b is pretty awkward though, if that's what you meant.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Squirtle's dair being uncrouchcancelable isn't really a nifty new feature they added to it though. Crouch Canceling didn't exist in Brawl, so it couldn't be crouch canceled there either. I'd rather have Brawl dair, it was basically Squirtle's best move and they took it from him.

The upB out of the sideB is basically the only reason I use that stupid move. Withdraw, in itself, is barely useful for followups.It doesn't do decent damage, and it doesn't knock the enemy in any sort of trajectory that's useful for additional followups. If it it did either of those things, it would be amazing for chasing, but it's not.

I use it offstage and pop up at the ledge to recover as a fancy mixup about as often as I use it any other way.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
The problem with Gdubs is that any MU he has with a top tier he loses if his opponent plays carefully and isn't too overzealous. GnW vs Fox and Marth are especially bad in this case, and vs Falco and Boozer isn't too pleasant either.

The upB out of the sideB is basically the only reason I use that stupid move. Withdraw, in itself, is barely useful for followups.It doesn't do decent damage, and it doesn't knock the enemy in any sort of trajectory that's useful for additional followups. If it it did either of those things, it would be amazing for chasing, but it's not.

I don't think you know what your talking about. Withdraw on impact has amazing follow-ups. Withdraw sends opponents at decent distances, and often time you can follow up with any of your aerials. If you it them with bair or fair, you have a decent chance of knocking them off-stage, so it's an easy edgeguard. If it's uair, then you can pop them up on a platform and extend your combo with a u-smash. If your fast enough, you can even follow up dair with a grab or another move. You can even follow up withdraw with bubbles, which essentially provides you with a reset.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It heavily depends on the opponents character and DI. Lighter and Floatier characters have a harder time, but stuff like CC or DI down/away can make it impossible to follow up further. At low enough %, you risk getting instantly countered out of a CC.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Fox
Sheik
Peach
Falco
Marth
Wario
Sonic
Pit
Wolf
Mario
DK
Bowser

Those 12 probably have the best tournament results, MU spread, and potential. Sans maybe Bowser, who I personally think would drop over time over getting grabbed and launched more.
I'm unaware of MU spread which is actually accurate or universally accepted
:awesome: Apparently I'm wrong :awesome:

This is a troll post obviously

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Squirtle's dair being uncrouchcancelable isn't really a nifty new feature they added to it though. Crouch Canceling didn't exist in Brawl, so it couldn't be crouch canceled there either. I'd rather have Brawl dair, it was basically Squirtle's best move and they took it from him.
this is incredibly silly logic. that's like if we were to make utilt able to be combo'd afterward regardless of DI and you were like "well I'd prefer vbrawl utilt because you couldn't trajectory DI below tumble in vBrawl"

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
GnW actually does pretty okay to well vs most characters, even the really good ones. There might even be some that he beats!

(Okay, maybe not.)

(Haters.)

GnW5midtire

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It heavily depends on the opponents character and DI. Lighter and Floatier characters have a harder time, but stuff like CC or DI down/away can make it impossible to follow up further. At low enough %, you risk getting instantly countered out of a CC.

In those cases you follow up with bubble.
Why does everyone think gw loses to marth lol
Any Marth that knows what it's doing can win the match up without too much trouble. If the Marth player sucks, then GnW can totally destroy Marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom