• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Smash Master
Speaking of Marth, has anyone played around with his DACUS? His USmash is pretty crappy, but it's hilarious to FThrow -> DACUS on floaties and DACUS under someone when they try to land.
In melee I use the sourspot for tech chasing because It has set knockback (maybe?) or just really high base kb, so you can force a lot of chars to tech when theyre right on top of you. In theorey you could cover an away tech with dacus and do more dacus but that would mostly be silly

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Speaking of Marth, has anyone played around with his DACUS? His USmash is pretty crappy, but it's hilarious to FThrow -> DACUS on floaties and DACUS under someone when they try to land.
Marth's DACUS is really fun to do. I've comboed into weak hit> fsmash follow-up and even into the strong hit once or twice, but only after dozen or so unsuccessful attempts so I dont know how realistic it is as a reliable set-up.

Lucas has plenty of sexy DACUS set ups and they're far more reliable, but landing it with Marth has that added satisfaction because of how much smaller his DACUS window and hitboxes are, lol.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I need a download of 2.1 Wifi homebrew version and when did 2.5 come out? Also 1.0 if anyone has that too

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Question.

Is this still 2.1 Ike? I do not own P:M currently (plan to do so soon however) but I just love how Ike plays here!

If this is 2.1 I call total Mango-bias on Ike's nerfs however :reverse:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that is 2.1 ike. ike had been changed in our development build quite a bit before that tournament took place, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hmm well that sucks cause he seems like a good match for current (obvious) Top Tiers.

Kati

Smash Lord
Does any 2.1 Ike main still play him? I know he was tweaked in several areas, but I thought he still had his top tier potential.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Does any 2.1 Ike main still play him? I know he was tweaked in several areas, but I thought he still had his top tier potential.
I've dropped Charizard for the time being to play exclusively Ike in tournament. He's lost some tools, but he's gained some pretty nasty ones as well; depending on DI and %, F/B/DThrow sets up nicely for DACUS.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No dude you MUST play Ike, I insist! Every time I think of Ike, I now think of you getting that side B insta kill. :laugh:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Watching this video again makes me think... why in the hell was Ike nerfed? He's actually almost as good as Fox or maybe even
Uh, you answered the question for you. Do you really think we want another Fox like character that's very mobile WITH a big sword and nasty throw setups and really strong edge guarding and monstrous against shields and xyz to the power of "Jesus Sandcastle Christ!" Most people aren't "cool" with characters at Fox's power level.

Before you start having that kind of ****, most of the cast should probably be buffed up to at least a Wario/Ganon/Falcon/whatever level before they get any higher. The game is not improved much if instead of Fox Falco being top 2, it's Fox Ike Falco. Not even just Ike, if it was Fox Bowser Falco that wouldn't be cool. Or Wario or jesus **** Sonic. People don't need to be that strong, especially not due to very blatantly lame reasons.

Adding characters to the super top tier pedestal still means you are left with a game where only a hand picked few Gods tend to run the show. You're better off having it on either end of the spectrum: either as few gods as possible or as many as you can possibly muster. Balance wise there's no point leaving Ike in the top 3 when the rest of the game suffers, unless someone can please tell me what Old Ike brought to the table balance wise for the CAST, not for his own personal MU's.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
this game would be a lot better if the top 2 characters were different from what they were in the last game

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh hell yeah (that still fits in with as few gods as possible, plus Fox is a *****)

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Uh, you answered the question for you. Do you really think we want another Fox like character that's very mobile WITH a big sword and nasty throw setups and really strong edge guarding and monstrous against shields and xyz to the power of "Jesus Sandcastle Christ!" Most people aren't "cool" with characters at Fox's power level.
Say what you want, but I still miss the death out of 2.1 Lucario's S-tier Double Team.

9bit_alt

Banned via Warnings
Clash is streaming Brawl right now, but it will be P:M later.

The Brawl community sucks. Holy ****, they are fagging up the chat like I've never seen. This is hard to bear.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's fine to make everyone good, but you don't go through the process painfully patch after patch, slowly. The game would be miserable adding to the top Ike and Lucario one patch, Sonic the next, Falcon next, Mario finally breaks through, etc. Do a big massive ****in patch where everyone does stuff ALWAYS and then it's cool. That's a huge gamble though and will likely be filled with horrible design choices for the sake of being godly, and characters will probably switch from being "true" to their character and suddenly everyone has the same 0-death CG setup on all stages, everyone has a great projectile, everyone moves like Jiggs and Wario etc.

Either way, Ike and others need to stay out of there until the rest of the cast gets stronger. I'm fine with the Ike changes because even after getting knocked down, he's still really solid and there are characters who would love to be as good as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom