• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Fail window, doesn't start counting until after hitlag (if eventually possible), and some of the more laggy attack landing lag animations modified to have situational semi-dodge use as a mixup when not l-canceled would be nice imo.
I agree 100%

Hmm, I guess we did get something useful out of having this conversation for the 382nd time :bee:

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Quick (possibly stupid) question about melee cam. Has it been implemented yet? Because if so it doesn't look right to me for some strange reason (perhaps im not used to the brawl graphics). But some of the latest Sneak footage with cheapness and the melee physics demonstration is after the camera was fixed, right? Do these videos not have the melee cam? Am I imagining things? Or does it still need to be adjusted a bit?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just thought I'd let the dev's know. I've shown the physics matches en demonstration to some of the dutch pro's. Posted it on our forum etc.

I get very mixed results. Some find it very awesome. Some don't care. And some have very little faith in the project :p. Some are definetly willing to help in the beta test process and some even think this could be the most played game if it all plays well :).

The main criticism I hear was that the animations looks sluggish. They argue that if it looks sluggish that it will affect gameplay aswell. There is some minor criticism about moves too but I'm not gonna bother with that now till we get our hands on a testable version.

So to conclude. There is definetly interest but also a lot of doubt.

Just to let you guys know ^^
If they have doubt they should give it a test run ;P.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Quick (possibly stupid) question about melee cam. Has it been implemented yet? Because if so it doesn't look right to me for some strange reason (perhaps im not used to the brawl graphics). But some of the latest Sneak footage with cheapness and the melee physics demonstration is after the camera was fixed, right? Do these videos not have the melee cam? Am I imagining things? Or does it still need to be adjusted a bit?
I don't know to what extent it needs to be adjusted, but the obstacle in the past, I believe, was getting a camera that zooms out without roflcopter noises, which Dantarion solved recently. We have the means to do whatever we want to it now.

G

genkaku

I'm torn regarding melee's camera. I love everything about it except its insistence on putting the HUD directly on top of my character. In singles this is only an occasional thing (except in battlefield), but in doubles or ffas it irritates me to no end.
Personally, I think this merits some kind of attention.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
doesn't happen.

Additionally. Y'all need to get hyped about stages for this. So far, neutrals are totaling up to 9, with Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's Story on their way.
Get hyped.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok so I haven't done anything regarding textures in forever, but I am completely blanking on what a HUD is....at least, I think it's texture related. Isn't it the picture of the character it displays during a battle at the bottom of the screen?

EDIT: *Is now hyped for stages*

Melee Final Destination plz?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The HUD (character portrait, %'s, stocks/points) has auto-transparency for when it overlaps characters so it's a lot better than Melee's (except for the stock points being tiny circles, which should change personally).

I know GameWatching had a WIP of Melee FD, but he got sidetracked with (from what I've seen) better projects to work on.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The ledges are Meleefied.
Functionally, it's Melee FD. Aesthetically, it's better.

G

genkaku

@ SB
To clarify, doesn't happen in PM?
And yeah, the work on stages is pretty darn sweet. Watching vids, I get as excited over the prospect of dreamland as I do whatever characters are being played. Yoshi's Story is anticipated. I own that stage, haha.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i can add melee FD to my list if you guys want... god, thats DL64, Metal Mario Stage, Melee FD, Big Blue+, YI:M+ 2.0, and a request for Termina bay... ****, so many projects...

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Is it possible to recreate that yoshi stage from smash 64? Yoshi's Island only with the heart in the middle?

And also the yoshi stage in melee, Yoshi's Story?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I don't know to what extent it needs to be adjusted, but the obstacle in the past, I believe, was getting a camera that zooms out without roflcopter noises, which Dantarion solved recently. We have the means to do whatever we want to it now.
Very nice. I am looking forward to when it is fully meleefied.

doesn't happen.

Additionally. Y'all need to get hyped about stages for this. So far, neutrals are totaling up to 9, with Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's Story on their way.
Get hyped.
Out of curiousity are you using SSE: midair stadium?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You are later than Jonny in the Eddy's Big Picture Show Movie.

I think it's a good thing it's closed since I'm not sure the coding is done. If that's the case, doing something not being worked on would probably freeze the game. W/E.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Almost Forgot.

Termina was banned because of Laser Camping. Here's a quote from SSBM: Stage Banisment and Reasoning.

Termina - Great Bay (banned ~ 2005)

Inherent Flaw(s): It’s “circle”.
Reason(s): Some faster characters may simply run when a lead is gained.
Broken Tactic(s): Fox or Falco may laser camp one side of the stage, than simply run safely to the other upon the offensive players approach.
You MAY have to get rid of the rock or the lower right platform to break the circle.

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
please answer my question "So when the project Melee is complete can you guys make a find brawlers thread intended for Project M?"

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm.... that wall sounds like a perfect idea. If you need a visual wall, you could give the Building on the stage a "basement".

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
> Calls people pokenerds
> Knows what a pokeblock is

what?

Also... have you seen Mewtwo's thighs? They aren't any smaller the Lucario's >_>

I don't see why some people are so against the brawl characters, if you are THAT against brawl then why not go play melee where it's exactly what you want for this project?

Also, Yoshi's N64 fair would be so awesome. That and making his shield not suck.

eh? i haven't played pokemon in months lmao. knowing what a pokeblock is means i played ruby/saphire and says nothing else =\

lucario's a furry. 'nuff said.

arguing with a lucario fan that lucario shouldn't be in this is like trying to convince someone that their religion is wrong.

and idc either way @_@

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
There were really only 3 fastfallers in Melee, are you going to change some of the new Brawl Characters from Brawls tendency for everyone to be floaty and make more fastfallers? I think that'd bring more variety, and really meleeify some characters-

Characters that seem like possible fast fallers- Wolf (a given), Diddy, Ike, Snake, Sonic all seem like they should be to me

Other possibilities- Lucario, Olimar, ROB(made of metal or plastic?), At least one of the PT's pokemon would also bring variety within that character...

Which reminds me- is PT going to remain 3 in one like Shiek or seperated? Will there be stamina?

REALLY looking forward to the final product-

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
@ SB
To clarify, doesn't happen in PM?
And yeah, the work on stages is pretty darn sweet. Watching vids, I get as excited over the prospect of dreamland as I do whatever characters are being played. Yoshi's Story is anticipated. I own that stage, haha.
The HUD ****ing up gameplay doesn't happen in PM.

Termina is lame. Circle's lame, only way to make it not lame is to make it FD, which is not cool for CP purposes. Putting walls on both sides wouldn't work cuz then it's
..._______
_|............|_
which is dumb.
_____
........|_ could work, though camping is mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Out of curiousity are you using SSE: midair stadium?
No.
There were really only 3 fastfallers in Melee, are you going to change some of the new Brawl Characters from Brawls tendency for everyone to be floaty and make more fastfallers? I think that'd bring more variety, and really meleeify some characters.
REALLY looking forward to the final product-
To above: We might add a fast faller. Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Diddy, and Olimar are the ones who come to mind when I think about it. I didn't answer your other questions because they've been answered a million times.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Perhaps if you moved the left floating platform out away from the main platform, removed the right platform (or moved it behind the main platform for canonical purposes at least to make sense) and had the turtle out to the right. I think it'd be a neat setup.

It'd look sort of like (incoming bad ASCII art)
.................._______.....................
____.............................._______

Where '.''s are space and '_''s are the ground parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom