• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I always liked permanently removing Tingle by putting carriage items next to him until he fell into the water...

D

Deleted member

All I can think about from that Wario conversation is how good his bite will be at punishing spot dodges and other things like edgeguarding with his bite.

Will Kirby have follow ups to his suck ability when he spits and/or swallows the opponent? I'd think that would help risk/reward.

Also, Kirby having follow ups on his up throw would be cool until it starts getting into mid/high for KO. He kinda moves away from his opponent when landing, so it isn't possible as I recall.

What's to become of Kirby's hammer? Its a little outclassed in speed by using f-smash for KO's on the ground and bair/nair for KOs in the air.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Do keep in mind that this isn't a social thread... XD

Metal Mario
Dreamland 64
Hyrule Castle (with minor editing)
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Kongo Jungle 64

get at us

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Either FrozenHobo or GameWatching or someone else, whoever steps up to it. The rest of the stages are already made or being made.

Hyrule Castle 64 by Mewtwo2000
Metal Mario Stage by GameWatching/FrozenHobo Tag Team Duo of Magnificence
Dreamland 64 by FrozenHobo (Work in Progress)
Yoshi's Story by GameWatching (Work in Progress)
Kongo Jungle 64 by Whoever GameWatching Gave It To (Work in Progress)
Fountain of Dreams ??? (A Work To Be In Progress)

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
Either FrozenHobo or GameWatching or someone else, whoever steps up to it. The rest of the stages are already made or being made.

Hyrule Castle 64 by Mewtwo2000
Metal Mario Stage by GameWatching/FrozenHobo Tag Team Duo of Magnificence
Dreamland 64 by FrozenHobo (Work in Progress)
Yoshi's Story by GameWatching (Work in Progress)
Kongo Jungle 64 by Whoever GameWatching Gave It To (Work in Progress)
Fountain of Dreams ??? (A Work To Be In Progress)
I have a method of grabbing the model in .obj form (3D Ripper DX). Tomorrow, I'll see if I can do anything about making Fountain of Dreams, or at least importing the main stage model into Brawlbox. I don't think we'll be able to port the reflection on the floor over, though, since there is nothing in Brawl that I can think of that is quite like it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
To above: We might add a fast faller. Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Diddy, and Olimar are the ones who come to mind when I think about it. I didn't answer your other questions because they've been answered a million times.
Oh man, Oli would be hilariously bad as a FFer, unless he got an entirely new recovery.

What's to become of Kirby's hammer? Its a little outclassed in speed by using f-smash for KO's on the ground and bair/nair for KOs in the air.
His hammer hits a lot harder than any of his aerials. It still has its uses. Watch some Brawl matches of Chu, he mindgames people into it all the time.

I have a method of grabbing the model in .obj form (3D Ripper DX). Tomorrow, I'll see if I can do anything about making Fountain of Dreams, or at least importing the main stage model into Brawlbox. I don't think we'll be able to port the reflection on the floor over, though, since there is nothing in Brawl that I can think of that is quite like it.
Just as long as it plays the same and the platforms still move up and down and you can make sick walljump recoveries from the bottom of the stage, that's all that matters.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
its brinstar depths. also: Mewtwo may be working on FoD, and KTH is working on Kongo Jungle (i may or may not need to step in with some minor edits after he releases his).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There we go. Was someone going to attempt to re-import FoD? Or perhaps M2000 will get at it hopefully.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh man, Oli would be hilariously bad as a FFer, unless he got an entirely new recovery.
Falco's recovery is AMAZING.
His hammer hits a lot harder than any of his aerials. It still has its uses. Watch some Brawl matches of Chu, he mindgames people into it all the time.
Might even be able to be combo'd into... heheh.

someone was working on a legal Hyrul, but atm we have SSE Jungle Stage over it. I kinda liked the "Hyrule +" WIP....

GameWatching

Smash Ace
there are some changes between SSBB's temple and SSBM'S one !
we can easy make the temple jump in SSBB and not in SSBM !
Conclusion, the temple in SSBM is bigger ?

and Onett,
in SSBM,
rarely the cars skidd, and it does worse knockback if they hit you than in SSBB

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the stages weren't exactly ported over from Melee.
Every character can do the Hyrule Jump anyway, in both games. heh. Falco's is a *****, though.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't mean so much a "Hyrule +", as that would just be another boring stage to play on (given what I have seen in that Brawl+ Stage Hacking thread).

I am talking about a slightly revised Hyrule Temple which can somehow stop circle camping and the cave of life while remaining as similar as possible. I think it would be interesting for teams, because a lot of people I know like the stage, but agree it isn't acceptable for tournament.

Is anything I'm saying making any sense? :S

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Falco's recovery is AMAZING.
Compared to a fastfalling Olimar, yes. Falco's gets better distance and is 100x more consistent. Oli's is only useable in Brawl because he's floaty enough to hit people off the edge and still have a chance to up-B, and to use WA as needed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the thing about falco is, after he gets off stage, he dies. unless you're fighting a bad player.
his on-stage game is just so good that he's still top tier.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
the thing about falco is, after he gets off stage, he dies. unless you're fighting a bad player.
his on-stage game is just so good that he's still top tier.
This is only assuming he is off-stage AND below the ledge of course, it is quite simple to recover from above.

EDIT: Would the stage be too long horizontally with that change GD? Even for doubles? Not sure...

The point I was trying to make with that in the first place though was that a lot of stages have potential to be ported from the other games and made better.

Revven

FrankerZ
All I can think about from that Wario conversation is how good his bite will be at punishing spot dodges and other things like edgeguarding with his bite.
And all I can tell you are two things:

1) Nothing has been done to Wario yet so don't be so concerned about him
2) His bite has the end lag nerf from B+

Regardless of that I was personally just thinking of a whole retweak to his neutral B, side B, and up B so they fit a more Wario Land Wario but, like I said we haven't gotten to him yet so there's nothing to be really concerned about yet (because we're not concerned about balance right now).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Regardless of that I was personally just thinking of a whole retweak to his neutral B, side B, and up B so they fit a more Wario Land Wario but, like I said we haven't gotten to him yet so there's nothing to be really concerned about yet (because we're not concerned about balance right now).
I love you.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Also, Kirby having follow ups on his up throw would be cool until it starts getting into mid/high for KO. He kinda moves away from his opponent when landing, so it isn't possible as I recall.
Kirby moving away after the up-throw is PURELY through animation, so it could be changed if they truly felt like it.

The aerial version is actually pretty good. The ground one might need some work to be practical...maybe make it multihit like the aerial version? =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom