• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
You know, the unused moves should become taunts. Like G&W playing with his fishbowl, or Lucas trying PK Fire and it exploding in his face.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
@Shadic

I meant the right section past the dip into the cave of life, but that's still pretty good. It's been awhile since I checked that modification. I remember the fallthrough was still there, but it wasn't fallthrough anymore.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I see, my bad FroHo. About termina...i didn't really like the stage but I guess the only way to make it,,,viable is by adding a wall on the right platform and removing the left one. Maybe even making the right platform a little longer to remove platform camping. I just can't think of another solution

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I think Hyrule should be a tourney legal stage. Couldn't you just make it so the tent has a higher ceiling + people can go through it if they get hit? (the ceiling of the tent acting like a platform)

and I'll repeat that I really think Metal Mario stage should be a legal stage. It's a very simple stage with no gimmicks, but it is still interesting. I think it doesn't even have to be a counterpick. It's fair enough to be a starter.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol that hyrule tent is not a real circle...come on now...tournaments would not ban that for circle camping i promise you

its tourney legal as is.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i dont think it matters because it's not a true cave (straight up and straight horizontal are both safe to kill). which means that even if the fight is forced to that area, you still have options to kill, which isnt really true on hyrule.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DI up and tech off the **** tent ceiling. The **** tent is not welcome in a tournament environment. The stage can be a CP if the tent is removed or banned if not.
Take your pick.

iLink

Smash Champion
That tent is in no way a cave of life. Show me a match where someone can effectively live under it to radically high percents for a long time then I'll believe you. The ceiling is just too small to be called a cave of life where the issue can be solved with picking which attack you actually do.

Also the circle aspect of it wouldn't constitute it being banned for circle camping or it would have been banned since N64.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
*techs again.... you're in endlag... cccccombo breaker*
X iLink X Smash 64 is a different game, you can't say "It's not broken because it wasn't banned in 64." Fox isn't near as fast in that game. Nonetheless, no one's going to be able to circle camp on that. It's a ****ing oval. What are you going to do.
Plus you can't even tech off of walls or ceilings in Smash 64. I can't show you vids because it wasn't possible in Smash 64.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it possible to make it a drop-through platform if worse comes to worst? Like remove the collision of the walls? You could even make the top tip not drop-through and it would just be a tiny ceiling. I only don't like the removal of the thing because it seems interesting and looks better there than not, to me. It might very well be better removed for competitive play.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Everybody go download the Hyrule Castle stage right now.
It doesn't matter who you play against, can even be a computer.
The moment you get close to kill percents run to the **** tent.
Once near the **** tent tech and live to absurd percents.

Think about it:
You have two walls surrounding you, a small ceiling, and the ground. You have a lot of options to DI into and tech.
If I could record my replays I would, because I have a few matches where neither player dies until around 200% each stock.
If you just replace the **** tent with a platform where the top of the tent would be (and some aesthetics to make it visually look like it makes sense) then you loose the walls on either side, and the ceiling. It suddenly becomes MUCH less degenerate and considering that things like Fox's drill shining don't work anymore having one wall there isn't so bad anymore. It would definitely be good for teams, and maybe for singles depending on the TO.

With the rapetent though it just can't be a legal stage.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Then just make the tent's ceiling act like a drop-through platform.

And the tent doesn't really have much in the term of walls....

iLink

Smash Champion
Could the tent be changed in a way to move it into the background similar to Summit+'s big middle iceblock and have a platform where the top would be?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Fox doesn't have the 06 drill shine? *50 fox main's just opted out of this project:psycho:*

on another note I may be late because I started watching Good **** German for a few hours but there are some things I'd like to say.

1. New Cam looks good and the game is so much more familiar with Melee Physics. I was watching the stream and some old Melee matches and its extremely hard to see differences now.

2. Ivysaur GOT OFF!!!!!!! DAAAAAAMNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

3.Wario looks hella funny. Idk why but aside from the bike items I actually like the way he looks. I think a few changes to his Hitboxes and he could actually fit in playing how he does. I mean he may give some Hbox type Puff players more trouble then they want but that is a GOOD thing IMO.

4. Pit has alot, Wings, Projectiles, Decent speed, a Sword, 2 abilities to reflect projectiles, and I think some of his moves are tipper like Marths. A Character like this should be a pretty well rounded solid character and yet he just seems so bad. I know nothing has been done to him but he just seems like Melee's Young link with more jumps and Wings right now. consider what he's got he should at least be high/bottom of top tier worthy and yet he just somehow always seems so awful no matter what. It's kinda lame....

5. Is there anyway to update the general Project M public on which characters are being worked on? So that way you won't have to answer/ receive random questions about character X or Y?

That is all. I love this thing. A friend of mine got to see it the first time and I can give you his feedback.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, OMG! WOW, WTF!!!!!! OOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!, AND OOOOOOOOH ****!!!!!!!!!" lol

Seriously he told me at one point when we were watching that it was hard to believe how on edge he was watching to Brawl characters play and the fact that those characters were making him react and jump out of his seat was pretty astounding.

He's a pretty hardcore Melee player/Brawl despiser so that mean you guys are doing an great job. He said he could barely tell the difference upon first glance.

94teen

Smash Cadet
5. Is there anyway to update the general Project M public on which characters are being worked on? So that way you won't have to answer/ receive random questions about character X or Y?
Honestly, this is my only complaint about the project as is. The lack of regular, official updates/discussion on progress/changes encourages people spamming the same questions, and is generally frustrating to the target audience, because no new information is being released, and the same stuff has to be rehashed over and over.

Not that any of that matters. You guys are undertaking something huge, and have done an awesome job of hyping it , and I have the utmost respect for you and the project. There's absolutely nothing that entitles the public to more information than you feel like/have time to provide.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If we make a SmashMods.com front page update on a character, they've probably got a lot of progress.

There. :p

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well as 94 said its kinda not that important. It would just help alot. I'm often put on the spot when trying to interest hardcore melee players about the project and I have no answers for alot of good questions. I don't know all of the changes and I can't point them in the direction of were they can find them. If I send them here they just read random suggestions/questions about characters and then give up. Although I think playing the game has so far been enough to convert most people into believers. It would be nice if there was more...solid updates. Somewhere.

Again its not very important. Its just that the front page of this thread and Smashmods doesn't really say much to people who want to know whats going on. Not to mention different workers are often giving different answers and it just creates alot of confusion. Then Shanus has to show up and *****slap everyone into the right places. Then eventually the process starts again.:chuckle:

but yea...Maybe someday I can stop pretending/guessing/lying/assuming about what is going on and actually know....:(

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Q: Are you replacing Lucario with Mewtwo, or any Brawl character with a modded Melee character?

A: No.

iLink

Smash Champion
I think in general, everyone would like to know what is being done with characters. Just anything that isn't the same as melee. For example, I didn't know pikachu was going to get his N64 bair until just recently.

Something like:

Ganon
- Retains brawl's sideb with the ability for the opponent to tech
- Fsmash animation changed to warlock punch
- Ftilt animation remains the same as brawl
- Possible use of vertex hack
- Possible utilt rework (may or may not be true, just using it as an example)

and for brawl characters it can be

Snake
- C4 can not be transfered when stuck onto someone
- Can fake C4 explosion by holding B
- Only 1 grenade out at a time with shorter exploding time
- Utilt animation changed to an uppercut
- Dsmash start-up greatly reduced
- Reworking sideb

just anything that gives us any info on what you guys are planning or reworking would be cool. Just have a disclaimer that says "Any of this is subject to change"

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you guys should just compile a list of questions and we can try to answer them and update the OP with like a FAQ or something
Changes? From Brawl-Melee or Melee to Project Melee If none put none next to them.
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Charzard
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Dr. Mario
Falco
Fox
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Ike
Ivysaur
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Kirby
Link
Lucario
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Meta Knight
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Pichu
Pikachu
Pit
R.O.B.
Roy
Samus
Sheik
Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Squirtle
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf
Yoshi
Young Link
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus

Aside from that I already pretty much know about everything else.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
That tent is in no way a cave of life. Show me a match where someone can effectively live under it to radically high percents for a long time then I'll believe you. The ceiling is just too small to be called a cave of life where the issue can be solved with picking which attack you actually do.

Also the circle aspect of it wouldn't constitute it being banned for circle camping or it would have been banned since N64.
it's not banned because in smash 64, you can't tech in walls.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I think in general, everyone would like to know what is being done with characters. Just anything that isn't the same as melee. For example, I didn't know pikachu was going to get his N64 bair until just recently.
A lot of our ideas don't make it out of testing phase. And even those that do get taken back a lot of times. We're not going to give false impressions on what this project will entail, especially if some of the choices we temporarily make are controversial and will turn people off to the project.

iLink

Smash Champion
it's not banned because in smash 64, you can't tech in walls.
You are reading it wrong. I stated that if you could circle camp on that stage effectively then it would have been banned and that the circle camping wasn't a reason to ban it.

D

Deleted member

The P:M character general FAQ is a good idea. Could have a mod edit it into the second post in this thread and update it every month.

KadeshSa

Smash Rookie
My biggest interest is in what is going to be done (or has been done) with Wario. Just some brainstorming thoughts (not serious suggestions):

- Changing his Jiggs-like air physics to something closer to those of Bowser or Ganon
- Scrapping the Wario bike for a more Melee-friendly recovery (new sideB?)
- Changing downB to accommodate loss of bike recovery (like additional levels that cause upward momentum between the toot and the killing fart)
- Revamping Dsmash, Fair, Utilt, or upB

Personally, I would love to see the bike go. I find it extremely out of place in a smash game. With the bike gone, however, I think there would need to be changes to his recovery, especially if he loses his Jiggs-like air behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom