• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's not really something you'd see in Melee, it makes his recovery kind of ridiculous. For example, MK has a glide, an Up B where he glides afterwards, and Side B to recover. To make him more like Melee, he no longer glides after shuttle loop and you can only glide once in the air (you go into special fall afterwards). Keeping recoveries so they're not ridiculous is to make it so edgeguarding is actually effective. Wario's bike recovery, while yes it's kind of predictable, it gives him a lot of vertical height and horizontal distance compared to other character's side Bs like Ike's.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok now I'm super hyped for stages! It's so amazing how far modding this game has gone...I remember when you had to have a separate disc for textures...

EDIT: I think Wario should keep his bike. If you took away his bike, then you'd have to change all of his WarioWare costumes and remove his victory animation with the bike because they all would make no sense.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Melee Ganondorf has a victory animation with his sword even though he doesnt use it, so how would that be any different?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Melee Ganondorf has a victory animation with his sword even though he doesnt use it, so how would that be any different?
Um, because Wario actually has the bike and it's important for his recovery, so taking it away wouldn't make sense?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
you guys aren't gonna change hyrule 64 right? that stage is perfect
We are looking to change the tent cave into a platform. It can be a lot of fun as it is but it would probably never be tourney legal with the cave.

Revven

FrankerZ
Um, because Wario actually has the bike and it's important for his recovery, so taking it away wouldn't make sense?
"Wouldn't make sense" um, in a Melee environment, yes it would. Wario as it is has really high jumps and can live for quite some time. He doesn't "need" his bike.

I didn't say how I would retweak his side B, did I? I just said it likely wouldn't be his bike, doesn't mean it can't be a different kind of recovery move that's fitting more to his Wario Land style games.

And costumes are costumes, they don't really mean anything more than just to please the eye. I've personally never been fond of how Wario was done and how his metagame turned out in Brawl. If he's going to be Meleeified, he needs an entirely new playstyle and that includes how he recovers.

But like I said, we haven't gotten to him and probably won't for awhile so there's no need to be real concerned at the moment. I'm just speaking for myself, no one else, hell everyone else in the PMBR may not agree with me on what to do about Wario.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Can PM come with some sort of in game guide of the new and old ATs so that people could know them right from the start? I started learning about ATs years after becoming good without them. Personally I wouldn't use it but it would be nice to have; Brawl players getting the best out of it.

Also, since both arguments of the l-cancel debate are right, how about going with a happy medium? I've been playing melee since about two years after it was out, but started l-canceling really late and have trouble consistently doing it mainly because it's brief execution window. I want it to be in (that auto-l cancel in B+ doesn't cut it), but how about widening the window a bit? Because the thing that is truly arbitrary is that it has to be performed in a such a brief, variable moment. Those are my two cents.

However, in the case this won't be done (which I'm 99% sure it won't), I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with continuing practicing it until mastering it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
IMO the window of l-canceling isn't that small. It's pretty easy to l-cancel everything after you adjust to the different landing detection.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
About Termina: How about connecting the rock and the lower platform and separating it a bit from the upper platform, then making the upper platform behave like battlefield ones?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Either FrozenHobo or GameWatching or someone else, whoever steps up to it. The rest of the stages are already made or being made.

Hyrule Castle 64 by Mewtwo2000
Metal Mario Stage by GameWatching/FrozenHobo Tag Team Duo of Magnificence
Dreamland 64 by FrozenHobo (Work in Progress)
Yoshi's Story by GameWatching (Work in Progress)
Kongo Jungle 64 by Whoever GameWatching Gave It To (Work in Progress)
Fountain of Dreams ??? (A Work To Be In Progress)
Mewtwo2000 has announced that he's going to be collaborating on a Fountain of Dreams hack with Akari_un (from Das Donkey Team), using a model imported from another game as a base. They haven't actually started it yet, but they're some of the best names in the business so you know it will be top quality when it comes out.

Here's a picture of the model they're planning on using: http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/1616/al1003260046binout.jpg

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I really think some stages are so good (even if they're not a standard stage or w/e) that they should be CPs and put it with that stage expansion thingy....like the Metal Mario stage. It's freaking amazing (except for the annoying bug on the right side of the stage, but that can be fixed)

Eh just my opinion though

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
termina idea: make the top part only passable from below, remove rock, take away inside ledge of right platform and (possibly) move the turtle to the left side.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
how many stages are we looking at here?
iirc they were all gonna be tournament legal right?
if so, it would be cool if you released release a stage pack or something, filled with some of the old stages that people enjoy like hyrule temple (in it's entirety), termina etc for friendlies and screw around matches

nawgui

Smash Cadet
I know this may be off topic of stage discussion, and completely ridiculous, but is it possible to have star wolfs lines and sounds from the N64 wolf where he didn't sound generic with a weird accent?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Can PM come with some sort of in game guide of the new and old ATs so that people could know them right from the start? I started learning about ATs years after becoming good without them. Personally I wouldn't use it but it would be nice to have; Brawl players getting the best out of it.
There will most likely be video demonstrations of Project M advanced techniques, as well as a montage of the Melee AT's we've brought back.
Also, since both arguments of the l-cancel debate are right, how about going with a happy medium? I've been playing melee since about two years after it was out, but started l-canceling really late and have trouble consistently doing it mainly because it's brief execution window. I want it to be in (that auto-l cancel in B+ doesn't cut it), but how about widening the window a bit? Because the thing that is truly arbitrary is that it has to be performed in a such a brief, variable moment. Those are my two cents.

However, in the case this won't be done (which I'm 99% sure it won't), I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with continuing practicing it until mastering it.
The L-canceling window is always 6 frames unless you aerial later than 6 frames before you land. It isn't difficult to learn, just takes practice.
Tournament legal wall combos? Definitely interesting counterpick material. Or a game breaker. Time will tell, I suppose.
*presses r before hitting wall* *now has invincibility and is able to attack or jump*
if so, it would be cool if you released release a stage pack or something, filled with some of the old stages that people enjoy like hyrule temple (in it's entirety), termina etc for friendlies and screw around matches
~11 neutrals, several Counterpicks. We can probably bring back more stages from Melee and balance them a bit to be Counterpick-worthy, or simply balance some barwl stages (such as making Castle Siege not change and fixing the ledge. it'd be CP legal that way).

humble

Smash Ace
*jab locks strong against the wall to death* *chaingrabs strong against the wall to death* Sorry, what? Jab locks you are on the ground, can't tech off the wall, but it keeps you in place for infinite jab lock. Chaingrabs that don't send into tumble animation (like D3's) can be done infinitely against a wall. Or if you are playing against Snake or Ganon, and they land Dthrow/Side-B, their tech chase game is exponentially easier for them.

Yes, you can't do silly things like wall bounce comboes, but the wall still affects the game majorly.

quidmonkey

Smash Rookie
Saffron City, please!

iLink

Smash Champion
*jab locks strong against the wall to death* *chaingrabs strong against the wall to death* Sorry, what? Jab locks you are on the ground, can't tech off the wall, but it keeps you in place for infinite jab lock. Chaingrabs that don't send into tumble animation (like D3's) can be done infinitely against a wall. Or if you are playing against Snake or Ganon, and they land Dthrow/Side-B, their tech chase game is exponentially easier for them.

Yes, you can't do silly things like wall bounce comboes, but the wall still affects the game majorly.
If I recall, they were using Brawl+ as the bases of the game so jab locks no longer work and every chaingrab, including D3's, sends into tumble. Also Snake and ganon can do dthrow/sideb on a small platform and get the same result as using a wall and no one thought that was a problem, it's just part of the stage

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
So would the Metal Mario SSB64 stage be considered a counterpick then? Or is it not legal?

And could Yoshi Island 64 be possibly legal if the clouds weren't there? (They allow for Fox/Falco circle camping I believe, so if GameWatchings' stage doesn't have them, then yay)

P.S: Frozenhobo I love the Sector Z edit for Corneria...I love the way the ship is bigger like in SSB64.

G

genkaku

Can we see Yoshi's Story? I'm interested in what it's looking like so far.
Also, it seems silly to ruin a perfectly fun stage like hyrule64 or melee temple in the interest of making tournament legal stages. There are plenty of other stages to work with for that, and such interesting friendlies-prone stages are hard to come by.
The only real compromise I can think of is to provide both, but then wouldn't the stageselect get a little cluttered?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Jab locks are impossible.
D3's cg will send into tumble.
LOLZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom