• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i think marios ok, but its just that his dair is ****ing ******** because it hits through absolutely everything i throw at him, and then combos into everything

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
what the **** did you say

you better cut that **** out right now or ill beat you up

dont mess with me son, i was a big bully in middle school!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hey, I heard that daze had a fun day today...

If anyone from mMm is lurking this thread, I had a good time. People always tell me that they see me posting around, but I never see any of them, lol.

Bryonato

Green Hat
Daze was skyping with Siglemic during his 24 hour stream and Sig "took a break" (went to bed) and just left Daze on skype in front of like 6000 people. I peaced out at that point but last I checked Daze was showing off his sm64 skills and got a new viewing record on his stream

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I was at a tournament this afternoon and I was sitting around the stream computer a lot. At one point I saw that side bar on Twitch that has "featured streams", and Daze was one of like the 5 listed, along with a bunch of huge LoL streams and stuff. I was wtfing all day until I came home and read about what happened.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Maybe it has to do with the fact that a Stage 5 Aura Sphere can be launched normally if the B button is pressed just 2 frames before reaching full charge. The fully charged AS is a Stage 4.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm sure that that is the case, GunBlaze. Lucario players could do that normally if they learned to time the shot well.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Level 5 aura sphere isn't that big and doesn't do 25 damage. It's not the same as the super version, so it's definitely the cape that's responsible.

B.W.

Smash Champion
What DrinkingFood said.

The Level 5 aura sphere is definitely a good bit stronger than the level 4, but it's still got nothing on the Super Aura Sphere.

The level 5 might still be somewhat responsible for this, but the cape might make it do weird things.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
lol good stuff daze!

Please share me some viewers. BibleThump

spaced bair > mario dair =D

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I was at a tournament this afternoon and I was sitting around the stream computer a lot. At one point I saw that side bar on Twitch that has "featured streams", and Daze was one of like the 5 listed, along with a bunch of huge LoL streams and stuff. I was wtfing all day until I came home and read about what happened.
Was the tournament in Framingham?

Do they ever do anything with Project M anymore?

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
There was a P:M tournament after the main Melee events. It was $1 entry with winner take all, and only 9 people entered.

There is, however, an upcoming Project M tournament in your very state: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-in-cumberland-april-20th-2013-cumberland-rhode-island.335506/
, I
How in the hell is it that I keep missing seeing these events even though I check the tournament boards regularly, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, next time there's a tournament with P:M near us, could you lemme know? lol

I appreciate you letting me know about this one, I'll be there, are you going to enter?

B.W.

Smash Champion
I'm kind of unsure as to how that's a use for the Chef Cancel. The video showed you Chef Cancelling various attacks when full-hopped, but the bacon doesn't come out during that.

I feel like the video is showing you can use Chef to cancel all lag from your aerials, but the reason you can use Chef is because the move is over which would mean that landing without doing anything at all would mean you have no lag upon landing. Unless I'm missing something.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
It's canceling the 15 frames of landing lag. Even if you arn't busy when you land every character has landing lag. This is similar to float canceling.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Basically I think he's saying for the pan to come out, the animation of the attack would have had to end, meaning the Neutral Landing Lag (since no attack will be out) will be 4 frames like it always is, and you will be cancelling the 4 frames of lag instead of the 15 frames of the attack.

Unless there's IASA frames which allow the Pan to come out earlier (which im not sure about) im pretty sure it's just cancelling the normal landing lag and not the aerial landing lag

Badge

Smash Apprentice
Chef has zero frames of landing lag, 4 less than empty landing. If using chef after aerials is actually faster than shffl'd or ac'd aerials depends on IASA and AC windows, I don't know anything about those for G&W. You can definitly use chef before landing from a shff uair, though.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It's a pretty decent frame-trap in more situations than a lot of people realize, especially with a character who gets heavily punished in situations where he does certain things.

I'm always drifting between thinking that GnW is really bad and he's not and the more I play him the more I realize he has weaknesses but isn't really all that ass. Not compared to someone like Squirtle, but I mean it's all relative.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I have a question regarding Spikes. Namely, how many moves are true spikes vs Meteor spikes in this game? What are those spikes?

Vashimus

Smash Master
True Spikes:

Captain Falcon (Dair)
DK (Fair, Side B)
Falco (Dair)
Ganon (Aerial Down-B)
Ike (Dair)
Marth (Dair)
Snake (Fair)
Toon Link (Dair)
Lucario (Aerial Super Side-B)
Sonic (Dair)
Pit (Dair)

If I'm missing any others, let me know. Some of them have meteor smash properties like Ike's and Falcon's, and I left out unsubstantial ones like Fox's Dair.

There used to be a list of spikes and meteors in the old 2.1 statistics thread (the one where it shows the weights, falling speed and all that other character data), and it should be added to the 2.5 one too.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Thanks for that. I knew I was giving some move too much respect. The downward version of the third hit of Marth's dancing blade is a spike as well i'm fairly sure. Not something you will ever see come into play but figured i'd mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom