• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I've heard there is but not that I know of.

If you don't like CC, just play Peach and scare them away.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Not technically I don't think, but the effect is more drastic because of landing detection or something like that. Tumble threshold should still be 80, or effectively 120 when crouching, but if you land early, then it's easier to stay on the ground when getting hit, or ASDI into it.

Bryonato

Green Hat
I really hope it gets toned down a little. Because at the moment (while I know you can't) it just feels like you can CC EVERYTHING at low percents.

Kati

Smash Lord
You can shield everything at low percents too... but that's why we have grabs. Toaster, do you mean that the specific act of cc'ing is no different from melee or that even combined with landing detection and the game engine as a whole that there is no difference what so ever?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You can shield everything at low percents too... but that's why we have grabs. Toaster, do you mean that the specific act of cc'ing is no different from melee or that even combined with landing detection and the game engine as a whole that there is no difference what so ever?
there should be no difference in crouch canceling at all between melee and project m

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Crouch Canceling is not that bad. It's not like they don't eat damage for doing it. if you don't wanna get countersmacked cuz you got crouch cancelled then play safer. Otherwise, pick your shots, and only do stuff they'll regret eating.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You mean other than the fact that it punishes players for hitting their opponent in a huge huge huge number of situations?
Nothing, really.

metroid1117

Smash Master
What's wrong with it? Besides Peach's d-smash.
I feel that CC'ing is an immensely powerful defensive mechanic that discourages offensive play. As someone who loves to play offensively, I dislike this mechanic on principle. I do it all the time because it leads into my own offensive play, but honestly, I don't think that players should be rewarded for getting hit.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yeah....its kinda dumb lol, I don't think it should be outright removed, but it should be toned down a tid bit.
Like I said, make it scale per-character: folks who need more defense should have it good, lightweights who have no business tanking hits like that should rapidly wear out how long they can cc (% based)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It does scale per character. The heavier you are (and in some cases the faster you fall), the more effective CCing is.

Kati

Smash Lord
Thanks for the clarification Toaster. I've yet to experience excessive CCing or witness it on high level youtube videos or mid-high streams.

Scythe

Smash Master
I feel that CC'ing is an immensely powerful defensive mechanic that discourages offensive play. As someone who loves to play offensively, I dislike this mechanic on principle. I do it all the time because it leads into my own offensive play, but honestly, I don't think that players should be rewarded for getting hit.
dude if there was no CCing you could probably o to death people with charizard jab LOL i see your plot!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I don't get it. What happened to Spirited Away? People just like violence, with some voiceless girl behind the wheel of it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
It does scale per character. The heavier you are (and in some cases the faster you fall), the more effective CCing is.
right, but it'd be better if it were "pushed" a bit more: big guys can do it consistently much longer, and those who have an easier time not taking hits shouldn't rely on it long if at all.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I like CCing how it is. It forces you to choose your moves more carefully if your opponent is at low % rather than blindly attacking. And at the %s where CCing starts to fail, it can be really risky, because holding down is pretty much the worst DI you can have for most kill moves.

Oracle

Smash Master
What scythe said. If there were no CC i would just pick shiek and jab everybody. Weak, safe moves like jabs and some dtilts would be OP without crouch canceling

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
And you can always just punish someone who is cc-Ing everything with rapid jabs or a grab (depending on how much time you have) heck you can even space your moves so they don't gain much, if anything, from a cc. I rather like cc-Ing, it allows for bait-and-punish situations that just wouldn't exist otherwise. And imo makes alot of sense. Sometimes the only way to land a good hit is to take one, and setting up/reacting to situations that allow you to bait an opponent into a risky approach is a pretty cool tech to have in a game. Plus it's hilarious to watch Peach Dsmash do 40-80% lol

JOE!

Smash Hero
Cc'ing: it's perfectly OK because of 1 characters pants on head ******** move to punish the hell out of it.

Oracle

Smash Master
Its honestly not as good as people say it is, its just difficult to play around. Good spacing with a lot of characters can wreck ccing, as well as many characters having moves like shiek or peach who just prevent cc from being an option altogether, plus you can just grab. Holding down to CC means i'm eliminating all of my movement options, which is pretty punishable

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
oracle, it's true that true CC requires commitment, but asdi down on the other hand requires zero commitment whatsoever and can even be done when you have already committed to a move. luckily, it doesn't work for as long as true cc does.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that Melee didn't halve knockback given while CC'ing like it does in Project M

Case in point, someone gets hit by Mario's fair (Doc punch part of course) at 130% and logically dies to it. If the victim were to be holding down when they are hit by fair, for whatever reason the knockback from the fair is halved and they don't die, despite 130% being well into the threshold for killing percent on the Doc punch.

So many times I've hit a grounded opponent with like F-smash or something while they were in killing percent and they don't even die nor do they even make it to the magnifying glass because CC

Scythe

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that Melee didn't halve knockback given while CC'ing like it does in Project M

Case in point, someone gets hit by Mario's fair (Doc punch part of course) at 130% and logically dies to it. If the victim were to be holding down when they are hit by fair, for whatever reason the knockback from the fair is halved and they don't die, despite 130% being well into the threshold for killing percent on the Doc punch.

So many times I've hit a grounded opponent with like F-smash or something while they were in killing percent and they don't even die nor do they even make it to the magnifying glass because CC

that is in melee for sure, besides if you can crouch cancel a move like that you could have shielded or rolled in time anyway. Also usually when that happens you can just follow up on them again since there's so much hitstun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom