• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I think our passion to win this game is just our inner baby inside us disguised as some drive you should have honor for, and reveals itself when you lose for whatever circumstances given they were fair or not. I use to think there were exceptions but my list on that is fading.

I've seen this baby come out in me and other people, a lot of which I didn't think had one. But I should know better, because this weird rule of a competitive drive requiring a baby truly does have little exceptions. Some peoples baby's are hidden better than others, and they might differ in size.

There's a few exceptions I think might still exist on my list.

My tag of Mad has always been a reminder to me that I'm someone who has this drive and not one of the exceptions that doesn't have a baby running it. But I like to think I'm slowly getting rid of that baby, but what am or will I replace it with? Can you truly gain the ability to train yourself at a competitive game with a drive that's not run on something vile but strong? This brings up the case that maybe if you truly better'd yourself, your drive to be competitive would be gone. Sure you could still enter competitive games/sports, but without a drive: you wouldn't gain any upper hand or have any reason to beat the other people in the first place (which is playing for fun with friends, which I'll cover isn't the main thing that would fuel people to compete at such depths that you commonly see). My remaining exceptions are the people who compete for money to survive, or to provide their family: which is small to none in competition based around a video game with little money in it. I thought there might be more exceptions, like love for the game or something, but that's just a baby hidden really well. Then there's things that are exceptions that exist but don't really fit the rule, like playing the game with your friends for fun: because like I said if that what was fueling someone to get good and win tournaments that wouldn't have been accomplished without a strong drive and they wouldn't have any small details spewing out of their baby to show for it.

Switching topics a little bit, there's also been something on my mind. The reactions towards Unknown522 choking someone.
Regardless of what he did, being that it wasn't SUPER major or anything, only a certain amount of people actually know him or where there to witness the incident.

The thing though is regardless of the event, people spewed out a lot of disdain for him (whether it was for him directly or just attacking him for his actions as some kind of hate love). People you saw who would commonly post their congratulations and honor for him were almost ripping their flattery to shreds like it was trash paper. It's like you couldn't trust anyone anymore for some incident that they heard happened involving you, except for his close friends. Now when I say close friends, that's people who know him, you get the point that a big portion of the community is a complete joke in their "virtual" relationship with people they don't know. It can change any day, based on info they hear. This isn't probably news to people who've been around the internet and these types of community this long. But it certainly is a learning experience people won't and haven't talked much about, because it's just based on the rule we all heard and see apply to more and more regardless if we want to see it: that it's "the internet", even when some of the effects can ban someone from a tournament and such.

So what are you left with? People striving to become the best are like a Pokemon master, embracing their honor and respect for themselves and others who have and haven't achieved it? No, something much different.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I think our passion to win this game is just our inner baby inside us disguised as some drive you should have honor for, and reveals itself when you lose for whatever circumstances given they were fair or not. I use to think there were exceptions but my list on that is fading.

I've seen this baby come out in me and other people, a lot of which I didn't think had one. But I should know better, because this weird rule of a competitive drive requiring a baby truly does have little exceptions. Some peoples baby's are hidden better than others, and they might differ in size.

There's a few exceptions I think might still exist on my list.

My tag of Mad has always been a reminder to me that I'm someone who has this drive and not one of the exceptions that doesn't have a baby running it. But I like to think I'm slowly getting rid of that baby, but what am or will I replace it with? Can you truly gain the ability to train yourself at a competitive game with a drive that's not run on something vile but strong? This brings up the case that maybe if you truly better'd yourself, your drive to be competitive would be gone. Sure you could still enter competitive games/sports, but without a drive: you wouldn't gain any upper hand or have any reason to beat the other people in the first place (which is playing for fun with friends, which I'll cover isn't the main thing that would fuel people to compete at such depths that you commonly see). My remaining exceptions are the people who compete for money to survive, or to provide their family: which is small to none in competition based around a video game with little money in it. I thought there might be more exceptions, like love for the game or something, but that's just a baby hidden really well. Then there's things that are exceptions that exist but don't really fit the rule, like playing the game with your friends for fun: because like I said if that what was fueling someone to get good and win tournaments that wouldn't have been accomplished without a strong drive and they wouldn't have any small details spewing out of their baby to show for it.
http://youtu.be/e5jDspIC4hY

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Mad, are you talking about the inner attention *****? I've had the same idea on my mind for awhile now, I just never thought as it of a baby, since the principle goes farther than that age.

goddamn filter. I mean the inner attention ****
The inner attention loose woman in exchange for money

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Wat.
I can't even see my text color
Is it red still?
it's white to me, maybe changing to the Ruby color scheme has something to do with that.

EDIT: well somehow my custom color viewing got turned off, strange. I don't remember turning it off. Changed text to white tho, since that's what I was seeing for myself earlier anyways.

Kink should change it! For white's sake!
That's racist

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
everyone should just have custom color viewing turned off, because they're horrible.

and Neo Blue is like, the best looking format, but the color scheme is so ungodly bright that I prefer to stick to Ruby.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It's hard for me to pick any other than the default, reading at night I need it to be black orientated. My Chrome browser is also with a dark theme.

I was watching a bunch of videos of African creatures running and killing each other, P:M really needs a Cougar character that runs on all fours and jumps and ****. I know you guys have the technology, you can have Olimar or a Cougar: just make the right choice.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Kink should change it! For white's sake!
I'd rather it be invisible for the minority than for the majority that are using better board themes.

It's off white to make it not an obnoxiously vibrant colour but still be a colour and still be visible on the better of the board themes. #FFEEEE for Yuugi. Satori will probably be #FFEEFF.

Would that I could I'd just use texts with an alpha colour to make them visible on every theme.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Anyone else thinking of making a new "record of mains" thread, like the one for 2.1 back on smashmods?

Its a fun, easy survey, and I find it interesting, while someone else might find it useful.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I would support it if it's less restrictive. You shouldn't force a 3 character limit on people who only play two characters or even just one with any significance, nor restrict players with 4+ equal mains to choose arbitrarily. Not because it's harming them or anything, but it's harming the data.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Yea, I would try to make it as open as possible while still giving some relevant information. I'm thinking of using a point based system like the old thread did, with main and secondary being worth the most (as they would have the most work, and would be the most comfortable character for an individual), with lower worth as people play 4+ characters. Lots of people can play Falcon to some extent, but not as many would label his as their main, secondary or even tertiary.

Also just curious, anyone know if Ellondu was planning to make this for 2.5? He said he would be it seems to be abandoned (which is why I wanted to try it)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
got 3rd place at sakuracon pm tourney today, went 3-2 against Bladewise's Diddy/Peach using GnW/ Charizard and lost to Ciz's Diddy/Fox going GnW

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
competitive wavedash is the new sport of the millenium

also, some randoms thought it was cool as ****, there was this dude like exploding in excitement because i explained to him some of the major changes they did like splitting pokemon trainer

he was exploding in happiness when i told him that charizard had seismic toss from the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom