• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
**** new smashboards
Not because of any lack of functionality though- just because it will never remind me that these threads exist.
The only thing I really miss from old smashboards is that I always knew when somebody posted in a thread I posted in, no matter how long ago.

Oh and apparently I have to reuppload my avatar. Oh well time to find a new one I guess- been wanting a new one anways and cbf'd to mess with my photobucket that I never use except for this site.

Anybody good with hard drives? I dropped an external hard drive (formerly an internal drive for a laptop that has long since broken down) and it no longer works. It made strange noises for a few minutes, and no does nothing when plugged in, including not getting recognized by the computer. I've googled it but the only solutions I could find were beyond my understanding (which isn't a big deal but I just dropped it last night so no time yet) or expensive. IS there a cheap way to fix this? Too poor of a college student to afford a new one, and it would be 250gigs of storage and hours of (illegally) downloading Wii/GC games wasted. Not to mention I won't be able to USB load P:M anymore since I lack another drive big enough for it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Actually it is lacking functionality. A bunch of the character head icons are still missing. It's a pain when posting tournament results.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You're better off buying new, Food. Sounds like you royally effed yours up.

Newegg.com is your friend. Check there. I think you'll be surprised at what you can actually afford. HDDs (aka regular hard-drives) run for dirt cheap nowadays. You can get anywhere from 500gb to 1tb for less than sixty bucks (sometimes even way less, especially if they're refurbished). Hell, if you don't even need that much disk space, you could nab something like a 250gb for around twenty or thirty.

Smooth Criminal

SpiderMad

Smash Master
**** new smashboards
Not because of any lack of functionality though- just because it will never remind me that these threads exist.
The only thing I really miss from old smashboards is that I always knew when somebody posted in a thread I posted in, no matter how long ago.

Oh and apparently I have to reuppload my avatar. Oh well time to find a new one I guess- been wanting a new one anways and cbf'd to mess with my photobucket that I never use except for this site.

Anybody good with hard drives? I dropped an external hard drive (formerly an internal drive for a laptop that has long since broken down) and it no longer works. It made strange noises for a few minutes, and no does nothing when plugged in, including not getting recognized by the computer. I've googled it but the only solutions I could find were beyond my understanding (which isn't a big deal but I just dropped it last night so no time yet) or expensive. IS there a cheap way to fix this? Too poor of a college student to afford a new one, and it would be 250gigs of storage and hours of (illegally) downloading Wii/GC games wasted. Not to mention I won't be able to USB load P:M anymore since I lack another drive big enough for it.
http://smashboards.com/members/drinkingfood.210583/ Download your avatar from there, re-upload it to your "Avatar", if it fits weird use google image search to reverse search it http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi click the Camera, and try to find a higher resolution

There's programs for it, if that's what you found you should try them. I had a hard drive I bought dead out of the box and tried programs to try and get it to work, but it never did. You should try them though, because they CAN work: even after it looks like all is lost. Obviously have space on your computer ready to transfer the files if it's able to find them. This brings up the point: If you want to truly permanently delete a file, you need to use a cryptic deleting software like "Eraser".

Also this doesn't relate to your exact thing but I find people don't know you can actually revive permanently deleted files (Shift+Deleted files, Flushed Recycle bin files), given you do it before about a month of average computer use (after a few days your pushing it though). Panda Recovery was able to revive some .mp3s of songs I made after I reformatted (factory restore) my computer because of a virus but never backed up certain folders.

For P:M loading buy a 8/16 gig USB 2.0 Flashdrive they are freaking pennies. 8gb will work, probably won't be able to fit much else on it though.
http://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php#forumchoice[]=9&forumchoice[]=41&forumchoice[]=44&forumchoice[]=4&forumchoice[]=39&forumchoice[]=13&forumchoice[]=54&forumchoice[]=10&forumchoice[]=25&forumchoice[]=38&forumchoice[]=53&forumchoice[]=30&q=flash drive 2.0&firstonly=1

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I hope the Skullgirls fundraiser reaches $725,000 in 19 hours.

Not because I remotely like Skullgirls, but so that the Mane6 team can use the Z engine for free and make the new Fighting Is Magic.

And I don't even like ponys, just want the team to finish their well done project after Hasbro screwed them over.

The bronies abandoned the game so now I embrace it as an original property free of their taint.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
I hope the Skullgirls fundraiser reaches $725,000 in 19 hours.

Not because I remotely like Skullgirls, but so that the Mane6 team can use the Z engine for free and make the new Fighting Is Magic.

And I don't even like ponys, just want the team to finish their well done project after Hasbro screwed them over.

The bronies abandoned the game so now I embrace it as an original property free of their taint.
I'm going to ignore your cursory disdain for the fandom and just be happy about this news. Yay, good news!

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
hi, can someone link me to the rules of Project M and its stage ruleset/striking system? would be very much appreciated
just responding to you because i recognize the album cover in you avatar, but cant remember the name/circle name, and dat yuyucow/yoomoo

metroid1117

Smash Master
I don't know how, but some of the video files for friendlies are missing. I even downloaded some recovery software to see if I deleted them from my recycling bin, but they're not there =/.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
dk dunks
snake dunks
ryu dunks
so many dunks on stream tonight.

this is a friendly reminder to always Slam your Jams. It's good for you
therapeutic even

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
just responding to you because i recognize the album cover in you avatar, but cant remember the name/circle name, and dat yuyucow/yoomoo
ah a touhou lover. thx for the comp and as i myself, forgot the album as well, lol. now if smashboards Signature didn't SUCK in size, you would also c my Sakooya and Remillia picture :\ nice picture of yuyuko btw.
Stagelists vary by tournament, so I can't really help you there.
ok thx for responding and answering my question.

Yung Mei

ah a touhou lover. thx for the comp and as i myself, forgot the album as well, lol. now if smashboards Signature didn't SUCK in size, you would also c my Sakooya and Remillia picture :\ nice picture of yuyuko btw.

ok thx for responding and answering my question.
took me a few minutes to look it up actually, the pixiv page is http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=23741968

the album is cross connection by i still cant figure out what group ;w;

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Can PBNJ make his Wifi stream laggier/choppier? This headache isn't bad enough. I mean I usually just keep it running in the background to hear PBnj's calming voice, but I keep clicking to watch it.
http://www.twitch.tv/Pbnj23

EDIT: I made the right choice and turned it off, for my body's sake

SpiderMad

Smash Master
What is touhou and why is it good? Wasn't it originally a shooter that evolved into a fighting game? Those shooters are always pretty cool

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
What is touhou and why is it good? Wasn't it originally a shooter that evolved into a fighting game? Those shooters are always pretty cool
Didn't evolve into one- there are fighting sidegames, but the shooters are still the main entries in the series. Blame 2ch, moeblob selling, and catchy-if-not-good soundtrack for its popularity.

took me a few minutes to look it up actually, the pixiv page is http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=23741968

the album is cross connection by i still cant figure out what group ;w;
The Circle is 猫乃塚. Hiragana megane isn't offering any help on the pronunciation of the Kanji, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fnq7a7EAv4

Not bad but I'm not a big fan of jumpstyle.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Didn't evolve into one- there are fighting sidegames, but the shooters are still the main entries in the series. Blame 2ch, moeblob selling, and catchy-if-not-good soundtrack for its popularity.
But it was entirely the fighting games that got people crazy over the characters right? I mean, there's no way some 10 pixel "girl" that just comes on screen and fires millions of dots has any lovable character depth compared to a more expressive fighting game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFLdvNrPENA

He'll I can't see any character depth in any of them even in the fighting series, if it's the music (which I like too) that everyone's so crazy about then maybe it's purely just that. And I guess people seem to like the art work too, even though it's portraying some of the most lifeless looking girl characters of any video game. So it's essentially your embodiment of your love for the game, music, and artwork: only able to be shown by the bland characters of the game that somehow have weird details given to them that "This one was born in space" or something?

What's 2ch and moeblob

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The games sold more than plenty before the fighting games existed, and several characters were already getting memetic treatment over the internet for various reasons. The series started with just appeal to bullet hell fans as a way for the creator to showcase his music pretty much, but it evolved into having a more fleshed out setting with the bosses being more than the sort of faceless mechs prevalent in other shooting games. Another selling point is the fact that the creator gave special names to specific bullet patterns and attacks- "Spell cards," something shmup fans call out as showing he cares about the patterns as much as the fans do. The fighting games certainly are more approachable for more casual players and a different audience, but they are not responsible for the spread of the series.

2channel is a japanese imageboard that served as the model for 4chan, if I have it straight in my head. 2channel is a japanese textboard where from a lot of those "text pictures" originate. The (unrelated?) 2chan (Futaba Channel) was the inspiration for 4chan.

Moeblob is a tongue-in-cheek way of referring to the Japanese obsession with cute things.

Also that video is a fanmade thing. The canon games have (marginally) more involved plots and characters.

Yung Mei

i was into touhou for the games at first, but then i kind of just stopped playing them. Now i follow its massive doujin scene, in particular, i follow Demetori, Alstroemeria Records, ALiCE'S EMOTiON, and IOSYS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom